As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre Pax dinner

• Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aydr wrote: »
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    $30 is chicken feed. I would gladly pay $90/person to attend the Pre-PAX dinner. I make a lot more money than I did last year, and due to my lifestyle, that means I have a lot more disposable income.

(I hope no one tries to Rick Roll us while we eat.)

While I'll be ponying up the cash too, I can't say that 30 bucks is chicken feed. I think the ease/difficulty of paying will be dependent on an individual person's income... unless you're paying for us. ;)

Well, he did say that he'd pay 90 bucks... That's enough for two other people. (dibs!)

Speaking in general terms... (and not to Aydr directly) if an attractive single female sat next to me during the dinner and/or breakfast, and if she participated in an interesting and entertaining conversation with me I would gladly pay for her meal.

Basically, I am a sucker for cute single women who don't hate me. And really, who isn't?

(In regards to the above, I typed exactly what I meant, and I am not inferring or alluding to anything more than what I wrote.)

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Speaking in general terms... (and not to Aydr directly) if an attractive single female sat next to me during the dinner and/or breakfast, and if she participated in an interesting and entertaining conversation with me I would gladly pay for her meal.

Basically, I am a sucker for cute single women who don't hate me. And really, who isn't?

(In regards to the above, I typed exactly what I meant, and I am not inferring or alluding to anything more than what I wrote.)

Damn. You had me until "single."

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Liger wrote: »

Liger.... You mean you're cheating on me?! ::gasps::

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

No, she's *not* cheating on you, which is why she can't take mentok up on his offer :P

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Me too. Then came female, and my chances were totally shot. I have been told I'm pretty, though, so I guess I might get partial credit? Up to the grader's discretion, anyway.

Aydr on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hmm, unlike MMORPGs, I can't fake being a single woman in real life.

O_o ;)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hmm, unlike MMORPGs, I can't fake being a single woman in real life.

O_o ;)

Well, you can. Its just probably better that you don't :p

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I can fake being a single woman!

...oh wait... >.<
    tr0tsky wrote: »

No, she's *not* cheating on you, which is why she can't take mentok up on his offer

But we aren't dating, so she IS! ::cue dramatic soap opera music::

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    MomoshouseMomoshouse Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just wanted to say a big thank you to Electric Turtle for all the work put into planning the evening, and am looking forward to the dinner - would love to be able to meet some folks before PAX as I know I will be feeling awkward and out of place being there with my teenage son (who no doubt will also be feeling awkward being there with his middle aged mom!)
    Am also very stoked about coming to PAX!!

Kelowna Gamermom........

Momoshouse on
    ""[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"I've got a good mind to go out and join a club and beat you over the head with it.
  • Options
    edited April 2008

...oh wait... >.<

No, she's *not* cheating on you, which is why she can't take mentok up on his offer

God, I hate it when people aren't faithful in their not-relationships.

Liger, you're the worst kind of people.

Aydr on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

...oh wait... >.<

I think you mean he (she?)'s the worst kind of not-people. From what I hear, he's a cross between a lion and a tiger. And possibly female, if that'll get him/her a free Pre-PAX dinner. Not a bad plan! ;)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

...oh wait... >.<

I think you mean he (she?)'s the worst kind of not-people. From what I hear, he's a cross between a lion and a tiger. And possibly female, if that'll get him/her a free Pre-PAX dinner. Not a bad plan! ;)

Non-people are the worst kind of people. Look at them, being all not-people and not-faithful in their not-relationships.

(Oh, and BTW, unless I'm misremembering Liger is a woman)

Aydr on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Momoshouse wrote: »
    Just wanted to say a big thank you to Electric Turtle for all the work put into planning the evening, ... I will be feeling awkward and out of place being there with my teenage son (who no doubt will also be feeling awkward being there with his middle aged mom!)
    Am also very stoked about coming to PAX!!

Kelowna Gamermom........

Whohoo! another mummy at PAX!

Sack feeling awkward, just go for high embarrassment count - you know, singing loudly, out of tune, with the wrong words. I can't wait til August.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Just when I start feeling out of place (Again) about coming to Pax, another lovely person lets me know that I will have a great time!!
    Thanks - see you in August! :D

KGM

Momoshouse on
    ""[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"I've got a good mind to go out and join a club and beat you over the head with it.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    While the PAX core attendance is probably somewhere around males ages 18-30, I've seen people of all ages and both genders in abundance at PAX.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

...oh wait... >.<

Non-people are the worst kind of people. Look at them, being all not-people and not-faithful in their not-relationships.

(Oh, and BTW, unless I'm misremembering Liger is a woman)

1) The Liger IS probably my most favorite animal.
    2) I do, in fact, have boobs and ovaries. Y chromosomes not allowed.
    3) Of course I'm a not-person. There are no girls on the Internets. 47/m/NewJersey
    4) BrokenAngel: What we have isn't a relationship. It's so much more. It's special.
    5) My avatar is not actually a Liger. It's a mentally deficient inbred white tiger. HURRRR.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    And New Jersey takes the hit. :(

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What would Kevin Smith say about this? tsk tsk tsk

;P

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Jersey represent son!!!

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ahh, so you *could* qualify for the free dinner then! Fair play to you! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    And another thread descends into madness...

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    5) My avatar is not actually a Liger. It's a mentally deficient inbred white tiger. HURRRR.
    I thought it looked retarded, but I wasn't going to say anything. :p

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    3) Of course I'm a not-person. There are no girls on the Internets. 47/m/NewJersey
    4) BrokenAngel: What we have isn't a relationship. It's so much more. It's special.

Shhh! you're blowing our cover!

Also <3 I still love you baby...

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Course, I'm not saying I won't (privately) enjoy being amongst all those handsome young men - I'm sure subconciously it's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to it - hmmm, perhaps time to see the therapist again.............................
    :>)

Momoshouse on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Course, I'm not saying I won't (privately) enjoy being amongst all those handsome young men - I'm sure subconciously it's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to it - hmmm, perhaps time to see the therapist again.............................

D:

Somebody's mom is going to be checking me out at PAX? Gah!

I need to hit the gym!

Aydr on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

D:

Somebody's mom is going to be checking me out at PAX? Gah!

I need to hit the gym!

I'm somebody's Mom :winky:

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Aw come on, I am just going to enjoy all the youthful vitality and energy - and don't all you guys looks like the cast of '300'???? And anyways, you will have all the lovely young gamer ladies to look at so you won't even notice the (not unattractive) older woman checking you out............... (by the way I am NOT a cougar, just teasing!)
    Proud to be a gamer mom!!
    ;>)

Momoshouse on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aw come on, I am just going to enjoy all the youthful vitality and energy - and don't all you guys looks like the cast of '300'????
    ;>)

THIS IS CAKETOWN!

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    YAY for cougar meat!!!!

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What was this thread about again?

Kevin Smith, wasn't it? ;P
    (About last topic: luckily for us, gamer and geek women in general have been on a steady rise here in Spain in the last 10 years or so. They generally are Manganime fans, Boardgame fans and RPG's fans. Sadly, comic fans are the least, along with videogamers).

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Aw come on, I am just going to enjoy all the youthful vitality and energy - and don't all you guys looks like the cast of '300'???? And anyways, you will have all the lovely young gamer ladies to look at so you won't even notice the (not unattractive) older woman checking you out............... (by the way I am NOT a cougar, just teasing!)
    ;>)

While I have seen many many hot, adorable, and quite handsome guys in my years of PAX-going I have yet to see ANYTHING resembling the cast of 300. And I am quite glad of that... as I find beefyness like that extremely unattractive >.>

I'll take me a cute scrawny geek-boy any day! <3

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Actually I have to agree - while I enjoyed 300 for the eye candy of Gerard Butler, my preferences have always been the Pete Townshends/Jimmy Pages/Joe Perrys of the band (sorry dated myself there) - so I guess I have to say I prefer cute geeky boys too!
    Am looking forward to Pax for the young energy more than anything else - I work in the thrilling world of high finance banking, so the old rocker chick side of me really digs the gaming industry...................8-)

Momoshouse on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Let's see, a mother who works in finance, likes games and geek males... you're like a clone of my wife. You two should get together come PAX time.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Let's see, a mother who works in finance, likes games and geek males... you're like a clone of my wife. You two should get together come PAX time.
    Cool, you have great taste in women if I do say so myself - We banker chicks do rock!
    Your wife sounds like a wonderful woman and I hope I have an opportunity to meet her- and hopefully all the other super friendly people who have 'talked' to me on this forum.......
    Only 4 months to go!! Yee haw................

Kelowna gamer mom

Momoshouse on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm really looking forward to this - it's gonna be my first year at PAX and this is one of those events that isn't on any official list but still gets talked about just about as much as the keynote.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My schedule was too conflicted to get in on this last year, but now that I'll be in Seattle the whole week before PAX... time should not be a factor. I'd love to get in on this to mix things up.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    River O'BloodRiver O'Blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This will be my first PAX, and I'm just a little bit excited. Definitely lookin' forward to slipping the chains of university life - Pre-Pax dinner sounds amazing...

Well, "attractive" depends on your tastes, but the rest of it is a fit... :P

River O'Blood on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    If you are planning on sitting next to boys and flirting a little, you will likely not want for meals all weekend.

The question is if you could live with yourself.

...me, I couldn't live with myself if I DIDN'T, mind. =)

Imperfect on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I thought it was compulsory?

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Uh, not for you, ma'am. I'm getting punched enough by LewieP anyhow, I think.

Imperfect on
This discussion has been closed.