As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Hotels are now Live! All prices listed are PER NIGHT

123457»

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Whoa, that is wierd. I guess I've never stayed at a snazzy enough pool, I've never seen one that's not in a gated area on the outside of the hotel (if said hotel even has one). I guess you don't get that luxury when you have a hotel in the middle of an urban area. =)

The view is pretty fantastic I have to say.

Excellent! I'm excited. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    (I'm going to necropost for a good reason here)

Has there been any official news about the party hotel yet? Given that the city might start to get low on hotel space downtown, I was curious if this was decided which hotel or multiple hotels had a party level.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's difficult to create a Party Level when the hotel doesn't actually assign rooms until check-in. It's possible that a whole floor will be dedicated to PAX attendees, but once everyone checks in, good luck convincing everyone to agree to a massive party. I can guarantee that some people will want their room to be quiet for sleep.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Basically, there's no hotel that is willing to assign rooms prior to check-in, so there's no way to really make something like that happen.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Basically, there's no hotel that is willing to assign rooms prior to check-in, so there's no way to really make something like that happen.

I wasn't sure there was any agreement going on as of yet or how booked we have some of the hotels. I figured this would be difficult to attempt in the first place.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Huh? Hotels assign rooms prior to check-in all the time. (It makes checking you in easier, for one.) They won't assign them so far out though, especially if you're with a group, though - too much uncertainty.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Huh? Hotels assign rooms prior to check-in all the time. (It makes checking you in easier, for one.) They won't assign them so far out though, especially if you're with a group, though - too much uncertainty.

I think that was Moe's point. :P We're part of a group, and we're quite a ways out from the date. While the hotel will assign a certain TYPE of room, they won't assign the specific room number until they are ready to hand you a key.

Liger on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What was the name of that hotel near the hurricane? It looked like it might be cheap.

Also, can anyone recommend the green tortoise?

I have to be cheap this PAX, not much cash :(

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Liger wrote: »

I think that was Moe's point. :P We're part of a group, and we're quite a ways out from the date. While the hotel will assign a certain TYPE of room, they won't assign the specific room number until they are ready to hand you a key.

Um, no - room numbers for booked guests are always assigned in advance. They're just assigned normally a few nights before. (I used to work as a night auditor, so I know that routine all too well - it's like Tetris, but with schedules.) Since we're being booked into rooms independently (instead of being part of a tour group), your keys will usually be prepped for you when you get there.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Regardless of the method, there isn't a hotel in downtown Seattle that's willing to honor hour requests to have certain people placed on a certain floor.

Also, Raslin, I've heard good things about the GT. Last year it was pretty much taken over by PAXers.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited April 2008
    Um, no - room numbers for booked guests are always assigned in advance. They're just assigned normally a few nights before.

Point: Still not enough time to decently plan a party floor.

Liger on
  • Options
    BcNexusBcNexus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It seems as though the Sheraton, Grand Hyatt, and Crowne Plaza are all booked.
    The Roosevelt Hotel is available, but thy're charging $239/room instead of the supposed PAX rate of $165. Why is the Roosevelt charging more than the quoted price?
    therooseveltni5.th.jpg

BcNexus on
  • Options
    zombiebotzombiebot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    BcNexus wrote: »
    The Roosevelt Hotel is available, but thy're charging $239/room instead of the supposed PAX rate of $165. Why is the Roosevelt charging more than the quoted price?

I think that means they are sold out of the PAX rate, because I encountered the same thing.

zombiebot on
    Chelseabot, fell victim Quake III, aka "Girl Killer" in 2007.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Liger wrote: »
    Um, no - room numbers for booked guests are always assigned in advance. They're just assigned normally a few nights before.

Point: Still not enough time to decently plan a party floor.

I think the idea of smaller, more private parties works better anyhow. We don't need another sealab incident this year.
    zombiebot wrote: »
    BcNexus wrote: »

I think that means they are sold out of the PAX rate, because I encountered the same thing.

PM khoo maybe mike. See if he can open up more hotel slots. It may not be possible since bumbershoot is going on at the same time. Seattle is going to be wild this year.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    As per this thread:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=57196

The days of pax itself still have rooms open. The days outside of pax are booked.

According to khoo they are trying to acquire more hotels/rooms

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited May 2008
    Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fuckyeah seaking