As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Enough with the [Cass]tholic guilt, [Chat]

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think I picked the worst possible time to be all charged with motivation and whatnot. I'm moving in less than a month, which severely limits my options.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think I picked the worst possible time to be all charged with motivation and whatnot. I'm moving in less than a month, which severely limits my options.

If you're moving a significant distance, and won't be able to work at the same job afterwards, I don't see much point in looking for one now.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006

If you're moving a significant distance, and won't be able to work at the same job afterwards, I don't see much point in looking for one now.

It's like, a half an hour drive and I have no car. I'd be in my old city for school and then an extra hour and a half plus a day, but that's not good if I want to find a job.

I'll try to pick up some volunteer hours after school though, that might work.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Public transit not an option?

Al_wat on
    edited December 2006
    Al_wat wrote:
    Public transit not an option?

Not so much, no. Pretty much I'll get rides to and fro my old high school with my mom and finish the year (hopefully my volunteer hours as well). Fresh start at a new school next year, and there's a lot of resturants and plazas in the area, so I might jobhunt then.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I know you are from the GTA, I guess you aren't close enough to the GO Trains or TTC eh?

Man I remember those damn volunteer hours. I did like half of mine and got my grandpa to sign off on the rest...

I'm a horrible person.

Al_wat on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    We had a Tur-duck-hen for christmas dinner.

Let me tell you, that was fucking delicious.

Casual Eddy on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My sister blew me off for Christmas morning, and I don't even know why. Merry fucking Christmas, sis.

Hacksaw on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    My sister blew me off for Christmas morning, and I don't even know why. Merry fucking Christmas, sis.
    I was disturbed four words in, then largely relieved upon the fifth word. Then a little dissapointed.

Gim on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    I was disturbed four words in, then largely relieved upon the fifth word. Then a little dissapointed.
    I did the same thing, and I'm left with the haunting thought that it could go either way.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Okay, I need some interpretive genius up in here, but you guys will do.

Anyone know the Live song Sparkle? It's an old one, off The Distance to Here, and I like it, but I am curious: it sounds like it's about Jesus, and I know they're a religious band. So I'm pretty sure it's about Jesus, based on some of the language, but then there's this line about messiahs that makes me think it's not.

I´m gatherin´ up my friends today
    And those who recognize the face
    As the vision that changed my mind
    From hate to faith was a simple as
    grapes to wine and sweet as

I´m gatherin´ up my friends today
    All these hookers and soldiers and swine
    And would be saints
    All alone in their room that sparkle in their eye
    Play a song that they´ll come outside to see if

Love will overcome
    If this love will make us men
    Love will draw us in

To wipe our tears away

The day that i was so sweetly sung
    By the wind and the thunder moved by someone
    The feelin´ of being lived was so strong
    The giver became the gift, all one

The day that i was so sweetly sung
    The wind seemed to whisper softly, "oh son,
    Don´t wait for the seas to part or messiahs to come
    Don´t sit around and waste this chance, to see it"

Love will overcome
    If this love will make us men
    Love will draw us in
    To take our fear away

Evil Multifarious on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    I just watched Goldfinger for the first time.

Thought it would be better.

_J_ on
    edited December 2006
    stilist wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    I did the same thing, and I'm left with the haunting thought that it could go either way.
    Freud would have a field day with you guys.

Hacksaw on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    He would have a field day with the internet. Imagine him seeing Goatse.

Couscous on
    edited December 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    That's laughable, just like how my mother laughs at my penis.

What?

Gim on
    edited December 2006
    titmouse wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    He would have a field day with the internet. Imagine him seeing Goatse.
    His head would asplode. But then, few mortal men can look into the abyss, and still retain their sanity.

Hacksaw on
    edited December 2006
    The overrated and underrated movie threads, while using different premise words, will ultimately be the same inside of three pages. The magic of the internet.

Gim on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    The overrated and underrated movie threads, while using different premise words, will ultimately be the same inside of three pages. The magic of the internet.

Oh, I'm already two steps ahead of that tricky internet. By adding "and little known" to the title, I've sidestepped that little whirlpool of bitching about taste and naming the same movies; now we're sure to get some intelligent and thoughtful debate.

Right?

werehippy on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:

If this were G&T, there would already be a "Movies which are rated exactly how they should be" thread.

Jragghen on
    edited December 2006
    werehippy wrote:
    Gim wrote:

Oh, I'm already two steps ahead of that tricky internet. By adding "and little known" to the title, I've sidestepped that little whirlpool of bitching about taste and naming the same movies; now we're sure to get some intelligent and thoughtful debate.

Right?
    Godspeed, werehippy, as you race towards your destiny.

Gim on
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    werehippy wrote:
    Gim wrote:

Right?
    Godspeed, werehippy, as you race towards your destiny.

I go forward with the confidence that nothing but good can come of discussing purely subjective opinions with strangers on the internet.

werehippy on
    edited December 2006
    I'm depressed and mildly buzzed, but I suppose that's just a side effect to having some huge changes in your life that make you totally rethink the way you've been living and acting the last few years.

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    YES
    GUITAR HERO 2
    CHRISTMAS IS SAVED

Kusuguttai on
    edited December 2006
    I'm depressed and mildly buzzed, but I suppose that's just a side effect to having some huge changes in your life that make you totally rethink the way you've been living and acting the last few years.
    Also alcohol

t Kusu: :^:

stilist on
    edited December 2006
    Someone mentioned Garden State in the underrated thread. I can never go back in there lest I start spewing terrible, terrible things.

Gim on
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    Someone mentioned Garden State in the underrated thread. I can never go back in there lest I start spewing terrible, terrible things.
    It's not under-rated at all. I'd say it's over-rated, but it's still on of my favorite movies.

Kusuguttai on
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:

Suck it up and move on :)

The underrated thread is the happy thread goddamit! You don't agree, smile and nod while talking about the films you do like.

werehippy on
    edited December 2006
    Now let's all get on Vent and share some goddamn Christmas spirit.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:

I want to be the opposite of everything that movie stands for.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited December 2006
    Poldy wrote:
    Gim wrote:

I want to be the opposite of everything that movie stands for.
    Regaining feeling after years of drug-induced emotional numbness?

Kusuguttai on
    edited December 2006
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    It's not under-rated at all. I'd say it's over-rated, but it's still on of my favorite movies.
    That's more or less my position.

Gim on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Toward the end of my junior year in high school when my family was finally moving back into a house after a tornado blew down the old one, it occurred to me that I wasn't mean enough to people. Is it kind of like that?

ViolentChemistry on
  • JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i made a useless contribution to that thread

w3rd

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006

Not enough sex and booze in your life?

Incenjucar on
    edited December 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    i made a useless contribution to that thread

w3rd
    Most of them will be, I'm predicting.

Edit: Nothing against the thread.

stilist on
    edited December 2006
    Toward the end of my junior year in high school when my family was finally moving back into a house after a tornado blew down the old one, it occurred to me that I wasn't mean enough to people. Is it kind of like that?

Too much sitting around doing nothing and associating with vapid bitches.

edited December 2006
    God! What the fuck is wrong with people who like Shakespeare? God fucking fuck fuck fuck! FUCK!

Kusuguttai on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    God! What the fuck is wrong with people who like Shakespeare? God fucking fuck fuck fuck! FUCK!

Which of his works are you reading? Some of them suck, and some of them aren't beloved of retarded teeny boppers.

Too much sitting around doing nothing and associating with vapid bitches.

You're already in Catholic School?

Incenjucar on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kusuguttai wrote:

I hated Shakespeare until I read Hamlet.

Sheri on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yay Venture Bros. marathon!

Jragghen on
This discussion has been closed.