As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moments of the Week 4/23/08 NICK FURY IS A BADASS

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thor is an awesome book

I loved Thor making peace with his father, and also Loki is an evil bitch (though I totally thought Jane Foster would be the one doing what Loki was doing, but I suppose that would have been an out of character move).

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hulk vs. Herc was awesome as well, especially the un-colored preview of Incredible Herc #117 included in it.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    YA Presents, just because Vision and Stature are cute together.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    YA Presents, just because Vision and Stature are cute together.

Next time warn me before you get all penetrative.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    TankTank Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tales of the TMNT was pretty good this week. It had a neat little Lovecraftian style story that I thought was pretty cool.

Also, USM was great as usual.

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Meh, I don't think this YA is as good as the ones in the past.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Thor is an awesome book

I loved Thor making peace with his father, and also Loki is an evil bitch (though I totally thought Jane Foster would be the one doing what Loki was doing, but I suppose that would have been an out of character move).

that reveal was totally awesome. this whole time i've been like
    where's loki? everyone else was doing some variation of their regular thing, and it turns out his is tormenting dying old ladies. that's great. but really, why isn't thor like 'where the fuck is loki, i should track down that asshole, just sos i knows where he is'

I was really getting a little tired of the 'thor travels to a real-world global hotspot' stuff. i don't think the idea of 'big white god' played very well against the new orleans and africa backdrops, in a way. now that they're back into the kind of more mythological stuff, i'm digging it a lot again.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I kinda guessed what was happening when Blake said "You're the only one who would do that."

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Countdown was my moment of the week:
    ITS FINALLY FUCKING OVER

KVW on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    y'know, i was thinking that to prepare for final crisis maybe i should buy the last few issues of countdown, but now i think i'm glad i didn't

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Does Mark Brooks have a regular book? I like his art.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    y'know, i was thinking that to prepare for final crisis maybe i should buy the last few issues of countdown, but now i think i'm glad i didn't

DC Universe #0 is made for that exact reason

and it's going to be $.50

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Why couldn't it be $0.52?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hot damn Nick Fury is awesome.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Brizzle wrote: »
    Notice all the people circled are different colors, gotta wonder what that means.
    Well there are two different colours, blue and red. So I am going to guess one means who he thinks is a skrull and one means who he is sure isn't a skrull?
    I am going to say all those circles are all skrulls. The red one means that it's definatley an enemy, and the blue means that it's sill undecided/not a threat.

I gotta disagree with you, cause in NA
    Daredevil turns out to be a Skrull when he attacks Echo. I think Blue is definately Skrull, Red is cannot confirm either way, or isn't a skrull.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Cerrius wrote: »
    Brizzle wrote: »
    Notice all the people circled are different colors, gotta wonder what that means.
    Well there are two different colours, blue and red. So I am going to guess one means who he thinks is a skrull and one means who he is sure isn't a skrull?
    I am going to say all those circles are all skrulls. The red one means that it's definatley an enemy, and the blue means that it's sill undecided/not a threat.

I gotta disagree with you, cause in NA
    Daredevil turns out to be a Skrull when he attacks Echo. I think Blue is definately Skrull, Red is cannot confirm either way, or isn't a skrull.
    But that wasn't the real one. It was a skrull pretending to be him short term in order to take her.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Didn't know that. I only read that issue of NA last week and none of the other tie ins.

edit: I was also thinking about this cover for MA #17:

http://media.comics.ign.com/articles/866/866422/img_5445453.html

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited April 2008
    The red circles HURT to look at.

Terribly so. I keep hoping the blue ones turn out to be the actual skrulls instead.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm betting that blue circle is people in the clear/not skrulls and red circle is suspected skrulls. The reason I say this is because spiderman is circled in blue and there is no way they are making him a skrull after what they just did with Brand New Day.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The red circles are people Nick Fury would definately sleep with, the blues are the maybes

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Why couldn't it be $0.52?

Because thats more money and I will fucking stab you in the heart.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2008
    The red circles have to be definite Skrulls

I mean, they had to put Hulkling in there for a reason.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Drakeon wrote: »
    I'm betting that blue circle is people in the clear/not skrulls and red circle is suspected skrulls. The reason I say this is because spiderman is circled in blue and there is no way they are making him a skrull after what they just did with Brand New Day.

Author's saving throw, maybe? Of course, if Mephisto didn't know, well that's just bullshit, and if he did know, what's his game?

Damn, now I'm paranoid.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Shadowen wrote: »

Author's saving throw, maybe? Of course, if Mephisto didn't know, well that's just bullshit, and if he did know, what's his game?

Damn, now I'm paranoid.

Fuck with the REAL Peter?
    "By the way, your marriage was erased."
    "Oh goddammit."

Alternatively: Maybe Spider-skrull is Deep Cover? And Mephisto's deal fucked with his mind to the point he's gone from "sleeper agent" to "Ben Reilly 2.0"?

Think about it.
    How much would you all love it if Secret Invasion ended with Ben Reilly coming back in some form.

Moment of the Week:
    Thor
    "He will NOT die today!"
    Uncanny X-Men.
    "I get it, Scott. You wish you'd been a dirty hippy."
    Mighty Avengers.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My moment was Dark Times 11. When the Bomo goes completly psychotic and murders everything. Also KOTOR when the talisman attacks Celeste.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    holy fuuuuck nick fury is fucking awesome

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Legacy was pretty sweet too.

"Jedi!?!"

"Better. We're Imperial Knights."

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I enjoyed a good Flash story (in Justice League). Why can't regular Flash be more like that?

JoeUser on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    read the Geoff Johns Flash run in trades

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    read the Geoff Johns Flash run in trades

Oh, I have, and it reminded me of that. I miss Flash Facts. :(

I just the current Flash series to be more like that.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Shadowen wrote: »

Damn, now I'm paranoid.
    If Mephisto didn't know, could it have been because of the Skrull gods?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh god we're not really going to have this conversation are we?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Oh god we're not really going to have this conversation are we?

You could always just, not participate. I think people would be cool with that.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    YES. The Skrulls will fix everything.

"Did we fuck up a character beyond all reason? He was a Skrull all along!!"

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    Blackbolt
    isn't circled? You're slipping, Nick.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    maybe that last panel is from before blackbolt went nuts. i bet it's pretty hard for even nick fury to regularly spy on someone who lives on the moon

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    yeah I'm pretty sure that page is meant to take place around the same time as his conversation with Spider-Woman.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Plus if he was circled then we would know what the colors mean.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    i bet it's pretty hard for even nick fury to regularly spy on someone who lives on the moon

He's got Lockjaw circled, though. Maybe the blue circle is for 'Must team up and solve mysteries on a roadtrip in an old-fashioned VW van with'. They're like a family. Stature's the tough and feisty youngest sister, Spidey's the middle child, everybody's favourite lovable scamp with the quips and thwips, Daredevil's the groovy older brother, Lockjaw's the comedy pet and Nick's the crotchety old dad behind the wheel.

I'd buy it.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'd buy one of every variant cover so I can put them together to form the complete cast and van.

Robos A Go Go on