As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]las Shrugged

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh you're talking of mac laptops. I'm sitting at a mac at school right now that has pg up/down.

Wait what? You're telling me that Apple is aware of this new-fangled page-down/up key thing and just refuses to put it into their laptops even though there's clearly space for them?

seems to be on the new keyboard...as I have them. On my laptop I just hit fn and either up for down. doesn't bother me that much

BobCesca on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Man thinking about eating fast food makes me feel funny in my stomach, especially burgers.

But, Baconator!

Edit: Actually my Wendy's order is 2 Jr. Bacon no tomato a 5-piece a small fry and either a small lemonade or a small Frosty.

Fatty McFatterson
    that's actually how I roll, minus the fries and frosty/lemonade

I order a medium-sized #6, which is the triple-cheeseburger meal, hold everything but ketchup, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper (and cheese).

And I love every greasy fucking morsel of it.

You add salt and pepper to a burger? Do you smoke cigarettes or something?

No, I don't smoke, but I like salt and pepper on meat, usually. And Wendy's uses salt already.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, that's what makes it weirder. I can't imagine any reason why fast-food would need more salt unless you just smoke so much that you can't taste anything at all anymore.

I don't put more on.

I said "hold everything but..." which means "hold the lettuce and tomato, but not the salt." I'm not asking them to put more on, just keep the initial amount.

Nexus, come to 49th and 7th, lend me 10 bucks, then leave.

Even better, go to 48th and 7th and pick me up a medium-sized #6, which is the triple-cheeseburger meal, hold everything but ketchup, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper (and cheese).

After handing it to me, immediately leave.

Thanks.

That broke Drez?

Heh, nah, I spent most of my money on Saturday though, like I knew I would. I hadn't budgeted for Wendy's. It's okay. It'll be a little present from me to me tomorrow.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have like 400 dollars less in my account than I should

hmmm

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh you're talking of mac laptops. I'm sitting at a mac at school right now that has pg up/down.

Wait what? You're telling me that Apple is aware of this new-fangled page-down/up key thing and just refuses to put it into their laptops even though there's clearly space for them?

I guess. I don't use macs often, but this one has it. I don't see a model name on it though, but it's standard mac looking (white, within clear plastic.) It's a public computer though, so the keyboard itself looks absolutely filthy.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

hmmm

um...thanks?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008

You'll notice they're not really hopping on the Windows-key or that other weird one either. I think it's because they're not Windows laptops.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Heck, there's even two empty spots by the inverted T of the arrow keys where other laptops have page up/down.

The two-finger scrolling is smooth though.

Somehow the two-finger scrolling is too much work for me. Right now I'm using space-bar to page down because fuck having to hit 2 buttons to page down. But then I have to hit shift-space to page up, which is annoying.

How is the two-finger scroll work? Do you not have the sensitivity turned up high enough?

It's not that, it works fine, I just prefer hitting one key rather than moving two fingers. I dunno, it feels like less work, because hitting one key is more or less instantaneous and takes only one finger, but the scrolling thing you have to keep moving your fingers and you have to use two. And since page down with a key is in discrete amounts, you know that hitting it once will be perfect, but the scrolling thing you might go too far or not far enough. The only time I scroll is when there's a scroll wheel on the mouse.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008

hmmm

You went to NYD after I left on Friday, didn't you?

Drez on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    How many years did it take them to manufacture a two-button mouse?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Heck, there's even two empty spots by the inverted T of the arrow keys where other laptops have page up/down.

Somehow the two-finger scrolling is too much work for me. Right now I'm using space-bar to page down because fuck having to hit 2 buttons to page down. But then I have to hit shift-space to page up, which is annoying.

How is the two-finger scroll work? Do you not have the sensitivity turned up high enough?

It's not that, it works fine, I just prefer hitting one key rather than moving two fingers. I dunno, it feels like less work, because hitting one key is more or less instantaneous and takes only one finger, but the scrolling thing you have to keep moving your fingers and you have to use two. And since page down with a key is in discrete amounts, you know that hitting it once will be perfect, but the scrolling thing you might go too far or not far enough. The only time I scroll is when there's a scroll wheel on the mouse.

Irene, sorry but after all this I'm still a bit confused.

Do you prefer to use one finger or two? Which gets you to where you need to go?

Drez on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fruitfucker.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

You'll notice they're not really hopping on the Windows-key or that other weird one either. I think it's because they're not Windows laptops.

Page up/down is not a Windows-exclusive concept :P

And the fact that there's a function key that's not the ctrl alt or command key even though it could very well be incorporated into any one of those three annoys me as well.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I knew next to nothing about Apple when that came out and was dumb founded.

Quid on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My windows key opens my media player.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Irene, sorry but after all this I'm still a bit confused.

Do you prefer to use one finger or two? Which gets you to where you need to go?

:roll:

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

hmmm

No I resisted

wanking is free

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Using two fingers instead of one would make more sense as an argument if you were doing something productive with the finger next to your PgDn finger when you are typically PgDn-ing. And PgDn usually goes too far down anyway, and then if I miss something it jumps right past it again with PgUp. I find the two-finger scroll to be easier than mousewheels, frankly. It's like sliding a piece of paper around on a desk.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

hmmm

No I resisted

wanking is free
    icon_rolleyes.gif

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'll tell you what.

I like the one button touchpad on my macbook way more than the two button touchpad on my old Dell.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

hmmm

No I resisted

wanking is free
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    Oh, they are going to be mad at you!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Page up/down is not a Windows-exclusive concept :P

And the fact that there's a function key that's not the ctrl alt or command key even though it could very well be incorporated into any one of those three annoys me as well.

No it couldn't, actually. No more than you could "easily" map fn to control alt or Windows on a Windows laptop without asstonnes the conflicts.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ha ha...my cat doesn't have any balls any more!

Why do I find this so funny?!

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

And yet they still don't need them.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

hmmm

No I resisted

wanking is free
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    Oh, they are going to be mad at you!

What did I do.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    They took the :roll: out for a reason. Granted it's the [chat] thread, and the smiley isn't all out banned.

Perhaps annoyed would be a better word.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm not spamming the image.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    cat asleep on left arm. having some trouble writing with just the right hand.

Echo on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    cat asleep on left arm. having some trouble writing with just the right hand.

How does a cat fall asleep on your arm?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Genetically speaking, cats can fall asleep anywhere. It's built into them.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Echo is as big as Thanatos.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Echo is as big as Thanatos.
    You wish you were as big as me. :winky:

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos if I was as big as you I'd never find my penis over your many rolls of fat.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos if I was as big as you I'd never find my penis over your many rolls of fat.
    If you were as big as me, you wouldn't need to, as it would be long enough to reach your girlfriend from there.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    If you were as big as me, you wouldn't need to, as it would be long enough to reach your girlfriend from there.

And it would get caught between her teeth because it would be as thin as dental floss.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm watching a documentary about Tomb 33. Fascinating.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    'Morning (barely) [chat]!

Ah shit, VC's still here...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    And it would get caught between her teeth because it would be as thin as dental floss.
    Only if your girlfriend has tooth gaps so large she uses beer cans for dental floss.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Fundie alert!

Echo on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008

You can be emo. I'll be sympathetic.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

You can be emo. I'll be sympathetic.

You're a pretty funny guy, Dynagrip.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.