As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Onwards my minions! *for kelowna/lowmainland*

leafleaf Registered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
Ok, so here's the thing...it's getting a little hard updating everyone, so here's where we can all see eachothers suggestions, and work out any compromises.

So far there's 4, possibly 5 of us in the car, so unless you want your stuff strapped to the roof, pack light *one backpack + sleeping bag and everything should be fine in the trunk*

Picking up KyleG and his friend in Mission, along with Andwarf, so long as you can find a way there...I'm rather reluctant to run around the lower mainland for everyone, plus it's easier if you all just meet there. Where exactly is up to you, although you said something about the skytrain? One of the main stations would be good. Be there on the 27th - we can work out an exact time later, but that's the day we're going south of the 49th.

We've also had offers of rooms - about $33 a night with one group, and there's a couple others. If you guys could let me know if you already have accomodation plans that'd be great, if not let me know right away.

Add questions or whatever here, it'll be easier to check up on I think. *prays that there won't be huge amounts of spam*

newsig-notweed.jpg
leaf on

• Options
    KyleGKyleG Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    The two of us currently don't have any accommodations, so we're definitely down for bunking up.

The Mission train station is located at 33200 North Railway Avenue. To give you a better idea:

Detailed directions here

Zoomed in:

Mission_Station_sm.jpg

KyleG on
  • Options
    Fastasaurus_rexFastasaurus_rex Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Dt-Bellevue
    300-112th Avenue South East
    Bellevue, WA 98004-6412
    Phone: 425-455-1300
    Fax: 425-455-0466

Thats where we are staying i dont quite know yet when well be going down cept for i know its on the night of the 27th. umm theres 2 of us so far we can prob accomodate 1,2 or possibly 3 more depends.

Rick James Bitch

Fastasaurus_rex on
  • Options
    BLE|EnderBLE|Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Hey you people from mission: www.bellinghamlan.com You know you're not that far away. ;)

BLE|Ender on
  • Options
    AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Excellent. Alrighty, I'm in, and I'm fine at getting to wherever you guys want to meet up, so long as it's in Richmond or Vancouver. Ideally, I'd like it to be within walking distance of the B-line bus, but if not... not a problem. Hmm.... that cash'll need to be in American dollars.... I'll need to remember to do that...

Wherever we meet, be sure to write 'PAX' on a piece of lined paper (YES, LINED OR ELSE!!), so that we can find each other.

I too have no chosen accomodations as of yet.

YES! This thing is a go!

~\A/~

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Andwarf wrote:
    Wherever we meet, be sure to write 'PAX' on a piece of lined paper (YES, LINED OR ELSE!!), so that we can find each other.

And if it isn't too much trouble, put this paper on the hood/back window of your transport vehicle so us guys from Surrey can honk/wave.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Ok, the location that KyleG posted is where we're going to be meeting. I'll be there at noon. If you're going to be running way behind, phone me at 250-863-5331 to let us know what's up.

For Fantasaurus....if you're Monomi, I think we'll be taking up Quenthals offer, http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73925 . But if we've got extra, I'll be sure to go by your hotel on the night of the 27th, unless there's another way of getting in touch with you while down there?

And finally....the guy from Salmon Arm can't make it, so it'll be about $25 a person for gas.

Any other URGENT questions feel free to IM me or phone me....although it's a cellphone from BC, so be prepared for a bit of a phone bill to call me up.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    Fastasaurus_rexFastasaurus_rex Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    monomi is rob

Fastasaurus_rex on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Any chance you guys could meet up with me at another juncture? I don't know what route you're taking, but it'd be a lot easier if I could meet you guys at either the Peace Arch, or the big hotel at the big intersection of the 99 and that road going into White Rock (assuming that you're taking the 99 down to the I-5 to get there).

It's just a lot closer to my place, and should be on your way down.

~\A/~

Andwarf on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    all canadians should put a little canadian flag on there hotel door just to signify friendly territiory/good beer zone

Unknown User on
  • Options
    KyleGKyleG Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Just a few last-minute questions:

1) How many people have we got in total in the hotel room, and how much will it be?
    2) How many days are we staying? Friday-Monday?
    3) What's your real name? Just so I'm not calling you "leaf" the whole trip ;).

KyleG on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    So.... where am I getting met? Mission is a loooong ways away....

See my other post.

Andwarf on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    I'm so excited.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    I'm so excited.

TCA-Musical-AHallett_4x3.jpgAnd I just can't hide it!

For staying where we're staying, it's $22 for 4, $18 for 5 of us. Plus I got other offers from the doubletree, and I'm sure we could find someone else if there's not enough room in the room for us all.

As for being able to recignize me:

Picture007.jpg

Me + Car. The car is the orange one. The car'll also be covered in blue graffiti, mainly PAX and PA characters...*making a gigantic Fruit Fucker 2000 on the hood* So it shouldn't be too bad to spot, although I may be sleeping inside...I'll try to find a canadian flag or something for the antennae.

We'll be staying friday - monday morning. Meeting at the first station at 12.

For Andwarf, you really gotta show me a place man, since I do not live down at the coast. Show me a map closer to where you want to meet and we can probably make it - I don't live down there, so I don't know where the XYZ station which intersects the LMNOP line is. Maps are good.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Also, there is anywhere from 5-8 of us in one room. Which is entirely fine with me. I'm not sure about you guys though.

Any last minute questions, msn/aim/phone me today, right when you see this, if I'm not in here at the moment, I'll be back in an hour or two, just wait around. Phone I'll carry with me though - I have a longass extension cord.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    And here's Quenthol

http://www.okcupid.com/profile?tuid=12391856613171101344

Remember that face like your accomodations depend on it...because they do.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    And finally, BRING YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND PHOTO ID. And if you even THINK of carrying weed or booze with you, forget about showing up. You'd only get us in trouble at the border, and with my car at risk, it's not worth it.

And finally, $90 of gas there and back, probably a little more. Just a warning, because I'm going to want the money up front for the gas. Sorry, but yeah.

And hi, my name is Aaron.

Edit: It's now just the four of us, so 25 dollars from each person is what the gas cost is lookin like. *the 90 estimate is made by my computer...soo....it's probably going to be a bit more than that*

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    deleted.

Andwarf on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Bah, you guys seem to be taking a different route.... hmm....

I'll try plead for a ride to the Mission station (which is pretty much half as far as Seattle...)

~\A/~

Andwarf on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Got a ride. Phew. Dodged that bullet.

Andwarf on