As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jack the Ripper 3rd night

FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understandingGNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
edited May 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
A scream pierces the Whitechapel fog. A phantom melts into the shadows. The clatter of horse a taxi fades into the night.

In the light of the dawn, another body is discovered. The Ripper has claimed another victim, the blood spattering the cobbles. Who could this deadly wraith be? What the terrified populace is unaware of is that several men make up the Ripper, and their kills are random to everyone but themselves. Written in her blood, a macabre message that reads "Another victim have I claimed, and another life have we taken. None of you are safe!"

It is said that the Yard is at the end of its rope. People barely go outside, except to work. The fog might as well be a choking miasma, fear and death mixed into a haze. Who will be next? How can the people protect themselves? And why does it seem that for every one the Ripper kills, more go missing every day?

Victims:
1.Oboro
2.visiblehowl
3.DasUberEdward
4.gundam470
5.TheLawinator
6.Look Out it's Sabs!
7.giltanis
8.FunkyWaltDogg
9TehSpectre
10.JamesKeenan
11.an_alt

12.B:L
13chamberlain

14.Malkor
15.LaOs
16.Obbi
17.iamtheaznman
18DarkPrimus
19.Ultarune
20Hylianbunny
21.FrostMist
22.Cauld
23.Maximus
24.Toxic Toys

25Romantic Undead

26.Trust
27.Varcayn
28.Speaker
29.Greeper
30.SpeedySwaf
31.Manning'sEquation

32.Cheez

33.Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud
34.Minor Second
35.Mr. Defecation

36.Duallain
37.el skid
38.robothero
39.Serpent
40.Gumpy

Green means still alive, red means dead

If anyone wants rules clarified, PM me, and I'll respond. If you have not received a role, PM me. I got lots more!

First vote is Friday, cause I'm so late.

Right, Rules. This is like Mafia. Everyday, the populace votes to go all torch and pitchfork on someone and string em up. At night, the bastards will be PMing me a vote to kill. Populace wins of the bastards all die, Bastards win if they get a majority. You know what? This explains it much better

Apparently, my brain has decided to not do all the important bits.

How to vote: I !vote this person is a murderer! The important part is the red

To retract: I !retract my vote

For the specials, PM me your choice of what I explain is your ability. If you need more clarification, PM me and I'll go into detail. For those in groups, you generally confer, and one person or both can tell me their choice. If you decide not to confer, I'll randomly pick from one of the choices presented.

Nights end late, probably around 10-midnight EST. Unless I say otherwise, or there is a general outcry.

Results of Night 1
Night 4

Fencingsax on

• SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wot wot guvna, this is a right pickle and sure!

Speaker on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    wot wot wot

and a good pip

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    The bad guys are all bastards then, yes? It's a bloody shame there are no girls in Whitechapel, otherwise we might have a lead!

(Yes, this is a pun. Whoo!!)

Oboro on
    words
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So where do I get some meat pies?

chamberlain on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So anyone fancy a cup o' tea?

M.D. on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Here, here, I should say, rather.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wot, Wot?

Fencingsax on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Cor blimey!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    FencingSax is such a Tally Sore Whore.

Manning'sEquation on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wot, Wot?
    Hey nonny nonny and all that

Fencingsax on
    edited April 2008
    Wot, Wot?
    Hey nonny nonny and all that

I have a new sig I do.

Manning'sEquation on
    edited April 2008
    I do.

Manning'sEquation on
    edited April 2008
    Rather, that's all well and good then.

Malkor on
    edited April 2008
    I wholeheartedly support a Phalla predicated entirely on caricaturizations of period British speech. This is basically everything I ever wanted from life.

Oboro on
    words
    edited April 2008
    I do say, that is, this is the best idea I've heard this fortnight.

Malkor on
    edited April 2008
    Indeed.

Malkor on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If any Phalla had cause for monocles, I do believe this is it.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    edited April 2008
    quite

Fencingsax on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What about lowbrow, butchered English dialect.
    "WOTCHER UP TOO THAR PHALLEERS?"

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
    edited April 2008
    FCC the house of commons is down the hall. Kindly leave us gentlemen alone.

Malkor on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    FCC the house of commons is down the hall. Kindly leave us gentlemen alone.
    "OI SIR. ROIGHT AWAY SIR."

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
    edited April 2008
    Wots all this then?

An act of criminality?

Let's 'av a butcher at the crime scene. Bloody awful mess.

Speaker on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    'ello there Gents. Fancy any of you a gander under my frock? Only three shillings.

How about that phapper over there... seems a good ol' lady can't get any business with him muckin' about.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh dear what shall we all do when we can't even roam the streets late at night conducting business of a questionable nature without fearing for our safety? (Feel free to pretend I said that in a way that makes sense within the context of any given dialect or what have you ;-)...AKA the only accent I do is Pirate which I think we will all agree is wholly inappropriate. )

giltanis on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2008
    giltanis wrote: »
    Oh dear what shall we all do when we can't even roam the streets late at night conducting business of a questionable nature without fearing for our safety? (Feel free to pretend I said that in a way that makes sense within the context of any given dialect or what have you ;-)...AKA the only accent I do is Pirate which I think we will all agree is wholly inappropriate. )
    Could be privateer.

Fencingsax on
    edited April 2008
    Speaker wrote: »
    Wots all this then?

An act of criminality?

Let's 'av a butcher at the crime scene. Bloody awful mess.
    Ain't not naught a naughty bit naught none thought 'bout a'bit b'fore, though? Lass shoulda known it coming right-proper, buckered off right-hopping 'fore she ran aground the choppa. Ya follow, eh-wot? Bitch was battin' fer trouble if ya ask me, and I ain't the sorts, I ain't naught none like the not-kickin' bitch gone cut into pieces.

Won't catch me cut up, nawp ya won't! I's a smarter woman 'an that, a smarter woman 'an her. You'd do well proper, too, to just stick a'ound b'ind the shuttas! Ya'd all do well t'listen ta me, though ain't naught a thing you'll ever thought, eh-proper ...

Oboro on
    words
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    'OI! YOU BOYZ FOLLOW ME, OR I'LL GIVE YA A THUMP!

that's still british right

Obbi on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    giltanis wrote: »
    Could be privateer.

True...You clearly must be evil SIR!!

giltanis on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    'OI! YOU BOYZ FOLLOW ME, OR I'LL GIVE YA A THUMP!

that's still british right
    That's more Orc.

Fencingsax on
    edited April 2008
    but they talk in a Cockney accent!

Obbi on
    edited April 2008
    Cockney is the rhyming thing. I guess Orcs talk kinda like Holligans, if anyone.

Fencingsax on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bloody hell, 'tis bloody murder!

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited April 2008
    Let's pop on down to the all time loser - this corpse is Abraham Lincoln.

Speaker on
  • SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So gents, wot pubs are available for us hard workin' folk?

SpeedySwaf on
    edited April 2008
    Cockney is the rhyming thing. I guess Orcs talk kinda like Holligans, if anyone.

maybe Estuary?

anyway right n' proper serial killin' then.

Obbi on
    edited April 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    Mebbe she jus' tripped up 'n a stack o' knives tripped up on the cobble? (She cackles.)

"Murder, murder!" and still 'bout ta gawk at it. Not e'er seen a body done up like 'at, you ain't? Not a bit not like what the dogs'd do or gone done doing all done in the slumming districts, you figger, but the tall-caps and feather-tails still think it a proper show!

Wanna see a body, eh, ya do? C'mon down where th'Yard don't, I show ya me mum and what the bumpin' crawlin' night done ta her -- don't need no murder choppa ta find the chopped in the slumming, you don't, but tall-caps ne'er gone take a trip ta the horror-show, ain't they?

C'mon down, c'mon down sometime, I's show ya around right-proper. We's always had murder, always had a body shown up six bodies not-for-one-no-longer, but th'Yard ain't never cared not a done-good bit ...

Oboro on
    words
    edited April 2008
    This is a right n proper mess, this is.

Fencingsax on
    edited April 2008
    SpeedySwaf wrote: »

Now there's a cherry pie. You've never been to Captain Kirk in your time except maybe as a brass door.

Speaker on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    Mebbe she jus' tripped up 'n a stack o' knives tripped up on the cobble? (She cackles.)

"Murder, murder!" and still 'bout ta gawk at it. Not e'er seen a body done up like 'at, you ain't? Not a bit not like what the dogs'd do or gone done doing all done in the slumming districts, you figger, but the tall-caps and feather-tails still think it a proper show!

Wanna see a body, eh, ya do? C'mon down where th'Yard don't, I show ya me mum and what the bumpin' crawlin' night done ta her -- don't need no murder choppa ta find the chopped in the slumming, you don't, but tall-caps ne'er gone take a trip ta the horror-show, ain't they?

C'mon down, c'mon down sometime, I's show ya around right-proper. We's always had murder, always had a body shown up six bodies not-for-one-no-longer, but th'Yard ain't never cared not a done-good bit ...

Oh bugger off, you drunken lout! This 'ol thing takes the piss.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited April 2008
    Speaker wrote: »
    SpeedySwaf wrote: »

Now there's a cherry pie. You've never been to Captain Kirk in your time except maybe as a brass door.
    Brass doors are fit fer hard-knockin', and I's know some fellows to drive the irons. Think he can take the half-tonne hammer? Ahaha!

Oboro on
    words