As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Odd account activation question.

KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
I do not understand this, and I would just like to know that something didn't break for this to happen.

I joined the board, and sat waiting for the activation email for about... 30-45 minutes I think. So, since its really early morning, and I am somewhat tired, I wasn't willing to wait much longer. I was looking around for any posts to see if there were problems with delays in getting the email to hotmail accounts (problem with City of Heroes activation).

Well, I didn't see anything, so i was about to do the whole email the person to have them activate your account themself. Well, I didn't remember the address, so I went to the sign in thing to try that, cause I knew if I tried to log in before my account was activated, it would show the email address.

I go to take, put in my name, password, hit log in.... and I logged in...

I have no idea what happened, I never got the activation email, and never sent the email to the admin person to get it activated. I searched to see if any one else had posted this kind of thing, and didn't see anything. So, just wondering if this is something worth worrying about, or is it just something odd but not worth worrying over?

KurnDerak on

• Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    The mail server's down.

There was an Email address on the 'activation mail sent' page you should email if you never get it, however I can't remember this, so try Ramius' Email instead, it's ramius@penny-arcade.com

However you already have an account; you're posting, why do you need another? ó_O

Rohaq on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2004
    Rohaq wrote:
    However you already have an account; you're posting, why do you need another? ó_O

He said that he can log in, even without the activation e-mail, and posted this thread just in case it shouldn't be like that.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    It may be you were activated but simply didn't get the email confirming it.

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Its been my dealing with every message board I have been on that has sent an email activation, that I needed to go to a link in the email to end up activating it.

And I should of mentioned this too. I had tried to log in a few times, cause I didn't get the activation email, and seeing what the email address was that I needed to email cause I kept forgetting it.

So my guess is that it just activated itself after awhile with out ever sending me the email.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    HFJHFJ Registered User new member
    edited August 2004
    I've yet to get an activation email, and I've got Hotmail, too.

HFJ on
    haters.PNG
  • Options
    TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2004
    I've been here over a year, and have like 9 accounts. I have never gotten a single activation e-mail. Don't worry about it.

TDL on
    Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying
  • Options
    Joseph StalinJoseph Stalin Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    TDL wrote:
    I've been here over a year, and have like 9 accounts. I have never gotten a single activation e-mail. Don't worry about it.

Why the hell do you have nine accounts?

Joseph Stalin on
    Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.

Workingmen of all countries, unite!
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2004
    So he can call you a cock with eight of them, and then take you to the ballgame with his ninth one.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2004
    Did you email the administrator@penny-arcade.com account?

It's possible that your account was manually activated and the response was also filtered out by your provider.

denihilist on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    TDL wrote:

Why the hell do you have nine accounts?

From time to time, I will feel like I need a theme alt for some situation or another. I inevitably make one. I don't even log in to most of them anymore.

TDL on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    TDL wrote:

I've gotten all of mine

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Hmmm....

TDL on