As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

High end Hotel

chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in PAX Archive
Seattle folks. Would any one suggest a high end hotel in downtown. I was wondering about the W hotel? Any suggestions?

<ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
<Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
<prox> i work for dicks
#paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
chupamiubre on

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Do you like the "modern", urban style look? If so, W hotels are good.

I'm not a big fan of them personally... stayed at one down in the San Jose area, and the room had a very cold appearance to me. Everything was blacks and dark purples, and the lobby/halls were kept intentionally dark. If you aren't affected easily by visual environment, or you like that sort of thing, W is great. The bed sure was comfy at least. But I was disturbed by the environment... I guess I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to hotel appearances.

If you are like me and enjoy a more traditional appearance for the hotel room (but not trashy), Sheraton hotels are always good. If you're thinking about this for PAX, there's a discount available for it to boot! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    all of the social entropy folks (well a lot of them) are going to be staying at the W, i have heard it is ulta swanky, and the rooms each have a pretty nice tv

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    defaultprophetdefaultprophet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I keep hearing good things about the Grand Hyatt. My dad stayed there on a business trip and was thoroughly impressed. And the ultra cheap pricing they offer to PAX goers is ridiculous.

defaultprophet on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Belruel wrote: »
    all of the social entropy folks (well a lot of them) are going to be staying at the W, i have heard it is ulta swanky, and the rooms each have a pretty nice tv

Aye, swanky but very cold in my opinion. Guess it's all about what you're into.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    MurphysParadoxMurphysParadox Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Got myself a place at the Sheraton. The base prices for rooms are in keeping with the W's range, but the Sheraton offers a discount for 8/28 - 9/1. Of course, if you mean swanky as in $400+ a night you're not going to be interested in the rooms offered with the discount (saves you maybe $75 a night vs. room's normal price)

MurphysParadox on
    Murphy's Law: Whatever can go wrong will go wrong.
    Murphy's Paradox: The more you plan, the more that can go wrong. The less you plan, the less likely your plan will succeed.
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    <sarcasm>Hotel Monaco has the most expensive guest rooms, so it's gotta be the best, right?</sarcasm>

From looking at various websites, I like the look of the lux suites at Hotel Andra. I always like having separate living and bed rooms, and the livingroom has a decent plasma TV.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    ooopyooopy Registered User new member
    edited April 2008
    http://www.hotelmaxseattle.com/ This hotel I know last year was used by a few people and they really enjoyed the service as well as the hotel in general.

ooopy on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Honestly, if you want a nicer time, rent yourself a condo.

clicky

I rented a 2 bed 2 bath place, top floor, on the harbor for about what it would cost for a week of hotel rooms. Split it between 2 or 3 people, and you'll actually save money, have comfortable beds, a full nice kitchen, and not have to be on top of each other like god damn animals.

Plus, it'll be quiet and not full of 12 year olds away from Mom and Dad for the weekend. Because seriously, the hell with that crap.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Stale wrote: »
    Honestly, if you want a nicer time, rent yourself a condo.

clicky

I rented a 2 bed 2 bath place, top floor, on the harbor for about what it would cost for a week of hotel rooms. Split it between 2 or 3 people, and you'll actually save money, have comfortable beds, a full nice kitchen, and not have to be on top of each other like god damn animals.

I've been thinking of doing something like this since I'll be in Seattle for two weeks anyways.

I just don't know that I can find anyone to split the bill with me. :P

Incenjucar on
This discussion has been closed.