As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DAoC] While we wait for WAR[56k]

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    sok murph reallife and all

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So yeah guys, Level 15 now. I am doing the epics also. It's going quite well so far. I really do hope to get to level 50 and get full dragonsworn armor. That will be when I am finished with Camelot and retire it. You guys wanna help? :3

Then I want to play and beat EQ2 and then WAR. :3

Lucky Cynic on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oddjob187 wrote: »
    Now that Mr. Trollzilla is lvl 46 I decided to splurge and get him a level 50 set of armour. Its not Spell Crafted yet. Soon. Very soon.
    sshot009.jpg

the legend that never dies. SOOOOOUUUUUUL CALIBER... ARMOOOR??

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited April 2008
    right on lucky :D we can win the game serious, I promise :D

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I am so tempted to buy a new PC when I get my next financial aid disbursement instead of a 360 and a nice TV so I can play WAR with you guys. That was the best part of playing DAOC after all.

But seriously, I really want a new TV.

Murphy on
    edited April 2008
    Man fuck TVs... they get so boring... what are you going to watch? The Colbert Report? CNN?

Lucky Cynic on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Both of which you can legally watch online in one form or another. PC trumps TV...though I do like playing consoles games more than PC if I had to chose between the two I'd pick my "fairly pimp" PC and 19inch WS monitor over my 360 and 42inch 720p LCD.

Its kind of like with the ladies. Sure you can go with the super hot one but she probably isn't willing to do all of the naughty things that homely girl at the club is.

Accualt on
    edited April 2008
    nyone on right now need an invite ?
    jus give pretorrian a tel.

Draeven on

• NixonNixon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm dl'ing to see if it's still as awesome as I remember. I'll join up.

Nixon on
  • Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Scouts are fucking OP. In the 35-39 BG they can drop you fast as fucking hell if your wearing cloth. I am kind of tired of playing my Bone Dancer and Rune Master in RVR and getting fucking pazowned by scouts constantly. Pew (600 health) pew (450 health) /die /release

Oddjob187 on
  • MorturusMorturus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    They piss me off to no end as well. I'm putting together a nightshade right now with the explicit goal of making life for every archer miserable.

That and climbing walls, I loooooooooove climbing walls. :D

Morturus on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I give up. I can't do it. I can't level a character just to ditch it a few months down the line.

:(

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited April 2008
    Eh, its ok morskitter, i have mmo add and throw my chrs away with out a 2nd thought. Granted I have never had a chr about lvl 40 ever.

Draeven on

• Lacerated SkyLacerated Sky Cleveland, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I went away to a wedding all weekend and just got back. I didn't have a chance to hit someone up before I left.

Character's name is Negation the lowly level 6 Shadowblade.

Lacerated Sky on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Scouts are fucking OP. In the 35-39 BG they can drop you fast as fucking hell if your wearing cloth. I am kind of tired of playing my Bone Dancer and Rune Master in RVR and getting fucking pazowned by scouts constantly. Pew (600 health) pew (450 health) /die /release

Wait...is this a post from 2001?

Because I had a Scout when they first added BGs waaaaay back then. It was like playing UT with a sniper rifle all over again. Fuck you could even use your most damaging shot from stealth.

Then the nerfs came. They were relentless and our rectums were forever scarred.

Then I rolled an Infiltrator, because damn did all archers suck the balls.

God dammit I will not re-install this game.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited April 2008

Wait...is this a post from 2001?

Because I had a Scout when they first added BGs waaaaay back then. It was like playing UT with a sniper rifle all over again. Fuck you could even use your most damaging shot from stealth.

Then the nerfs came. They were relentless and our rectums were forever scarred.

Then I rolled an Infiltrator, because damn did all archers suck the balls.

God dammit I will not re-install this game.

Yes you will. Do you want to sit in Molvik and kill clothies in two, maybe three shots? Yes. Yes you will.

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    Dr_keen , archers are pretty much casters that can spec in a weapon line too.
    archery covders all your "buffs' and shots, and if you shoot from stealth it "acts" like a crit shot, there is no more standard, hit hsoot button, hit shoot button again hit shoot button a 3rd time so you can then shoot and hit it again right away :D

Draeven on

• OronisOronis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just created a character, Talbaine a Norse Warrior

Oronis on
    CoX: @Robotjustice
    XLive: Oronis
  • ShughartShughart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Did they change the archer mechanic? It used to be one press for nocking, one for "loosing ," and then another to reload i believe... but I have been informed that it has changed to something less idiotic and annoying. Also, as far as ranged damage goes scouts > rangers > hunters? Or has the pecking order changed?

Shughart on
  • MorturusMorturus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    They changed archery to be the same as spellcasting now. One button to choose your shot, and you can back it up with a second to go off when the first has finished.

The archery skill is identical in all 3 realms. You get all of the different shot types as well as what is pretty much the old ranger pathfinding line in one.

http://www.camelotherald.com/article.php?id=372
    http://www.camelotherald.com/article.php?id=373

They are pretty insane these days. One archer by themselves isn't too bad, but get a few together and it's a nightmare. We had a nasty fight last night in Cathal Valley (on my bard). My BM partner popped a hunter while I ran past to make sure nothing was over the hill, I guess he got hit by an SB perf and 3 other hunters and pretty much instadied cause I spun around and had 0 time to heal.

At least with casters you can see them and adjust before you engage. Starting a fight and suddenly having a couple people 'nuking' you from outside bolt range is just nasty. (plus the damned pet for interrupts, or shield for a 9s stun)

The only good thing is, like all fotm classes, the vast majority of people playing the class are really bad at it, so you still stand a chance.

Morturus on
  • ShughartShughart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sounds overpowered. I'll have to try one out :)

Shughart on
    edited April 2008
    Don't be afraid to try out a new spec when your playing your toon guys. Respec stones are selling for around 150gp on the consignment merchants. Buy one, hand it in to an NPC in the castle in Jord and you've got a full respec.

Just did it with the Bone Dancer at 49 to go back to BA and see is farming is faster.

Incase some of you don't actually click info on items before you buy them, you want the Luminous Exerpise stone for career respec.

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    Make a note of which fucking stone to buy. There is like 5 of them. Some of them do different things. And you can actually buy a respec from a /command.

/respec buy

And then it will say it is X amount of gold, that is relative to your character and it is a single line respec.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited April 2008
    Buying respecs cost alot of cashy cashy when you get to mid levels. 150 gold for a Luminious Exerpise Stone is much happier.

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    Guys, don't forget that at level 20 and 40, you can get a respec for free from your trainer.

Oh and at level 20 you get a realm point. ^^

Lucky Cynic on
    edited April 2008
    Oops I accidentally dinged 50 with Trollzila. I was planning on XP off for awhile or something, but I ran a quick quest that gives 150gold and 1/2 bub xp, but that suddenly turned into 1 full bub then oh noes "Your a champion now bitch". Oh well.

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    start farming monies for us bitch :D we need molvik toons with teh awsome armor :d

Draeven on

edited April 2008
    Draeven wrote: »
    start farming monies for us bitch :D we need molvik toons with teh awsome armor :d

I dont even have the monies to pimp my skald with the awesomes. :(

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    Oh, peshaww..hehe :D ll get my bd upin level and me you and jaggy can solo some dargons and stuff :d

Draeven on

edited April 2008
    what the fuck is a dargon?

Lucky Cynic on
    edited April 2008
    dargons = dragons :D

Draeven on

edited April 2008
    Fuck Dragons man. I was down there for over two hours with a group that had done it enough times to get Dragon Slayer titles. But now they suddenly became retards and couldn't figure out why they kept dieing, then they'd start to go afk and all have a good laugh on Vent.

UGGGGH. Thats why I quit WoW. Shitty long raids. Booourns I say! Back to RVR.

Oddjob187 on
  • jaggyjaggy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just had a thought....
    I wonder what a group of a skald, two healers, and five BDs could do. How about a skald and 7 suppression BDs?

<Mind assplodes>

Scary.

jaggy on
    edited April 2008
    jaggy wrote: »
    Just had a thought....
    I wonder what a group of a skald, two healers, and five BDs could do. How about a skald and 7 suppression BDs?

<Mind assplodes>

Scary.

Not much against the big three. If your pets go into the lair they spawn mucho purple add's.

As I understand you need multiple things. Warrior with at least 50% cold resist pre-buff, two good MEND healers, Rune Master Supp Speced for Near Sighting the dragon and slowing down the add's and hunters, lots of hunters for DPS. Everything after that is filler it seems. BD's imo were fairly useless since we chilled back near the healers and hit the aggro that ran out of the lair but there is a problem that some times your skells will try to run off into the lair even after you've spammed the Passive button ten times. I tried to get close to the Dragon so I can try to pop off my dots but I got nailed by a 1400dmg ice bolt.

When I asked in /region if BD's were ok to raid in a DPS role I caught alot of anti-BD flak from people that think we're probably just leeches

Now that I think about it one thing a BD could do is bring your pets closer to the lair, but have them all Archers, hit Stay, then Attack and they might plink her without running in. Maybe.

Still makes me sad though, I wanted a dragon drop to sell for big PP so I can get my own Consignment Merchant cause I don't know how to use yours Jaggy and I dont want to whore up half the slots. Also, Diavalos bought alot of your pots. Make more. 250 Strength and 1200 Health make me smile in Molvik. Now all I need is that damn SC'ed chain suit.. *grumble*

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    by the way , pots dont go away when you die.

Draeven on

edited April 2008
    Whoops, forgot to kill the trial. I gave Mythic money.

Maybe I should try to play...

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited April 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Whoops, forgot to kill the trial. I gave Mythic money.

Maybe I should try to play...

:D

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    I should call it a donation.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ok, I need a refer a friend code, who's got one? First come first served :)

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    :winky:

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil