As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Battlestar Galactica: Xena, Warrior Cylon

desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
edited October 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
The old thread was getting fat. Fat like a certain Viper pilot before the Atkins. So I've taken the liberty of starting a delicious new one!

To start: Eye-candy for any gender!

pic_03.jpg

pic_02.jpg

So the show is on break until January. Things to discuss til then: What exactly is the eye of Jupiter? Who might the final 5 cylons be? When Baltar makes love, does he talk dirty?

Remember guys. This spoiler is for things we've seen which could potentially ruin a new viewers enjoyment of the show.
No arguments about how they shouldn't be reading a thread about a show if they don't want it spoiled.

And this one is for things that have not yet appeared on screen, but we know (or are very certain) to be true.

[realspoiler]The final five is your MOM.[/realspoiler]

Discuss!

desperaterobots on

• ZsetrekZsetrek Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Baltar is so dreamy.

Zsetrek on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2006
    I would like to point out that Apollo is the only real man eye candy now. Baltar has become so pathetic, and Helo was only marginal to start with. As for the rest? Lemon party.

Unknown User on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Rygar wrote:
    I would like to point out that Apollo is the only real man eye candy now. Baltar has become so pathetic, and Helo was only marginal to start with. As for the rest? Lemon party.

helo is dreamy, you shut your mouth!

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It's not all about looks. Tigh has a wonderful personality.

desperaterobots on
  • Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Uh, isn't there a chance that the Eye of Jupiter is the,

you know,

Eye.

Of Jupiter.

Bob The Monkey on
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    [spoiler:7142c8709d] So as I was watching some episodes again I noticed that Starbuck had painted the eye of jupiter in her apartment...hmmm, very odd.[/spoiler:7142c8709d]

I would so do the President.

Crayon on
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So you know, Tricia will be like, nekkie soon, and all. Not that she wasn't close before, but this might be a Playboy issue I might bother to pick up.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The Cat wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

helo is dreamy, you shut your mouth!

electricitylikesme on
  • LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Masume wrote:
    So you know, Tricia will be like, nekkie soon, and all. Not that she wasn't close before, but this might be a Playboy issue I might bother to pick up.

Yeah, I can't wait either but it would be awesomer if Grace Park was doing the shoot.

LondonBridge on
    edited December 2006
    you know, the TelevisionWithoutPity recaps should be compulsory companion material. Awesome stuff.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Watching the old episodes made me notice how often Jammer was there.

[spoiler:7238f26e26]Jammer Noooo!!![/spoiler:7238f26e26]

Bloods End on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Masume wrote:

Yeah, I can't wait either but it would be awesomer if Grace Park was doing the shoot.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The Cat wrote:
    you know, the TelevisionWithoutPity recaps should be compulsory companion material. Awesome stuff.

This is true for almost every show on the air today. They never fail to make me laugh, and never fail to point out some wonderfully geeky detail that I likely missed.

Ninto on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ninto wrote:
    The Cat wrote:

This is true for almost every show on the air today. They never fail to make me laugh, and never fail to point out some wonderfully geeky detail that I likely missed.

It always makes me sad when I discover a new show, and find they're not covering it, like Dexter, or Nip/Tuck. They could do wonders with the amount of silliness on Nip/Tuck.

Vincent Grayson on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    man

i remember reading televisionwithoutpity back in the days when i watched angel

their episode reviews never sounded like they were coming from a fan, but rather from someone full of hatred and bile

maybe i just read the shitty ones.

Pony on
    edited December 2006
    Edgewood wrote:
    Masume wrote:

Agreed, that thought actually went through my head when I heard about it. That, and Katee, of course.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    edited December 2006
    what we need is more apollo in a towel like in season 2

Pony on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Zsetrek wrote:
    Baltar is so dreamy.
    I'm so happy the beard is coming back. I'm wondering if RJM caught wind of the facial hair love spreading through the intertubes.

Here's to hoping the mustache makes a triumphant return.

Edit: I demand Gaeta be included in the man-candy category! I'm not gay!

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Eye of Jupiter:

[spoiler:3da0194cb4]I'm sure everyone else already figured this out, but that symbol in the temple is the star they are orbiting, correct?[/spoiler:3da0194cb4]

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    edited December 2006
    Zsetrek wrote:
    Baltar is so dreamy.
    I'm so happy the beard is coming back. I'm wondering if RJM caught wind of the facial hair love spreading through the intertubes.

I demand Anders. Anders is one of the sexiest, manliest characters on the whole damn show.

Pony on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pony wrote:
    Zsetrek wrote:
    Baltar is so dreamy.

I demand Anders. Anders is one of the sexiest, manliest characters on the whole damn show.

Seconded.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gata and Anders should team up to fight crime.

Hoz on
    edited December 2006
    I like Anders as a character. He's just a good dude who does the right thing. It's one of the things I can't stand some of the fags on BSG fan-boards for, their constant shitting on Anders.

Pony on
  • CavilCavil Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, Tigh's pretty awesome with that drunken Irish gruff. "The old man won't just leave us to the Cylons." Lee is okay, but I can't stand it when British actors have to hide their accent. Bamber is just marginally better at it than, say, Hugh Jackman... but not quite on par with Hugh Laurie.

Cavil on
    Virtue finds and chooses the mean.
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Anders is the man. I really have my fingers crossed that he doesn't get killed off. Moore keeps gushing over how much he loves Anders, and I'm not sure whether that bodes well or ill.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pony wrote:
    I like Anders as a character. He's just a good dude who does the right thing. It's one of the things I can't stand some of the fags on BSG fan-boards for, their constant shitting on Anders.

People shit on Anders?

Wha?

He is like the definitive example of what humanity has become during the series. A sports star turned into a gurella combat fighter badass.

Bloods End on
    edited December 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Pony wrote:

People shit on Anders?

Wha?

He is like the definitive example of what humanity has become during the series. A sports star turned into a gurella combat fighter badass.

A bunch of the fagoos at some of the BSG boards like to call him "Blanders" and whine about how he's boring.

You know what I think?

Bunch of nerdy milquetoasts don't like an awesome character who is also one of those accursed jocks that beat them so bad in high school with the hurting and the pain.

Pony on
    edited December 2006
    The old thread was getting fat. Fat like a certain Viper pilot before the Atkins. So I've taken the liberty of starting a delicious new one!

To start: Eye-candy for any gender!

pic_03.jpg

pic_02.jpg

I just noticed that nearly all of them have paired up with each other.

[spoiler:3e8765d7cf]Adama with Roslin, Lee with Starbuck, Helo with Sharon and Baltar with both Number Three and Six. But seeing as how he recently broke it off with Six, it's reasonable to assume that Tigh will drop his prejudices and get some of that blonde Cylon poon.[/spoiler:3e8765d7cf]

Cavil on
    edited December 2006
    Pony wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Pony wrote:

People shit on Anders?

Wha?

A bunch of the fagoos at some of the BSG boards like to call him "Blanders" and whine about how he's boring.

You know what I think?

Bunch of nerdy milquetoasts don't like an awesome character who is also one of those accursed jocks that beat them so bad in high school with the hurting and the pain.

They're just pissed off because he got between starbuck and apollo and now all their fanfic scenarios look even less close to possible than they did before :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited December 2006
    The Cat wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Pony wrote:

People shit on Anders?

Wha?

You know what I think?

They're just pissed off because he got between starbuck and apollo and now all their fanfic scenarios look even less close to possible than they did before :P

oh ho ho

seriously though you're probably right.

Pony on
  • ZsetrekZsetrek Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pony wrote:
    man

i remember reading televisionwithoutpity back in the days when i watched angel

their episode reviews never sounded like they were coming from a fan, but rather from someone full of hatred and bile

maybe i just read the shitty ones.

Jacob - the guy who recaps BSG - is like the biggest fan of the show ever. He has really great insights.

Zsetrek on
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    [spoiler:367bc11a8a]I doubt the eye of jupiter is actually something that will point towards earth. most folks would accept that it points towards earth because of it shares a common name with our largest planet. my thinking is it aligns itself more as the "eye of zeus" and it shows only what a god should see - the faces that became the basis for the 12 cylon models.[/spoiler:367bc11a8a]

BAM

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I knew having a name like Anders would pay off someday. It sure took long enough, though :D

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pony wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Pony wrote:

People shit on Anders?

Wha?

You know what I think?

He was most definitely Blanders. That whole little arc with him on Caprica with Starbuck and Helo had me hating the character. But as soon as we actually start to see him without Starbuck around, he suddenly turns into this really interesting, badass character. He's definitely turning into one of my favourite characters of the show.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • yakulyakul Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    saggio wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Pony wrote:

People shit on Anders?

Wha?

You know what I think?

He was most definitely Blanders. That whole little arc with him on Caprica with Starbuck and Helo had me hating the character. But as soon as we actually start to see him without Starbuck around, he suddenly turns into this really interesting, badass character. He's definitely turning into one of my favourite characters of the show.

Originally he just seemed like a stand in for Lee, but ever since 3.01 he's been one of my favorite characters. I feel bad for him now though, especially since, "you think your the first guy.."

yakul on
    edited December 2006
    Cavil wrote:
    Yeah, Tigh's pretty awesome with that drunken Irish gruff. "The old man won't just leave us to the Cylons." Lee is okay, but I can't stand it when British actors have to hide their accent. Bamber is just marginally better at it than, say, Hugh Jackman... but not quite on par with Hugh Laurie.

Uhh, you know Hugh Jackman is Australian, right?

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I wasn't a fan of Lucy Lawless before this show. Now I want to have her babies.

august on
  • LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Masume wrote:
    Cavil wrote:

Bamber has the best American accent I ever heard! I was totally surprised to hear he was British, he sounds all-American. Way better than Hugh Laurie's IMHO.

LondonBridge on
    edited December 2006
    Masume wrote:
    Cavil wrote:

Bamber has the best American accent I ever heard! I was totally surprised to hear he was British, he sounds all-American. Way better than Hugh Laurie's IMHO.

Nah, he let it show a bit last episode. There was just something about his pronunciation that seemed awkward, almost forced. Maybe it was all that oil they were wearing.

And yes, Masume, I know Jackman is Aussie; I was referring to foreign actors in general who have to fake an American accent. Also, Renée Zellweger does the worst British. Like watching high school Shakespeare.

Cavil on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Rygar wrote:

I will reiterate that Chief Tyrol is most definitely the manliest of men on BSG, and that he could tear all those sissy-ass officers apart with his bare hands. He's man candy for those who like real men.

Anders, though, is a close second.

mcdermott on
This discussion has been closed.