As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Corps

SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
edited December 2006 in Graphic Violence
Green Lantern TV Show in the works.

Lying the The Gutters

Squashua on

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Huh. Rememember when Timm pitched an animated Green Lantern show after he finished Superman? That would have been awesome. This... not as much. I hate to judge something based off of a casting call, but the vibe of this sounds off. And John Stewart is the only Green Lantern around that is actually more boring than Hal Jordan. I wish we knew what network this was for. Still, having more Marines on TV is always good.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Live action boo

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Stewart as lead, Hal as supporting? No Kyle?

:|

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Live action boo

Did you just call me boo? I knew you really loved me.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Lack of Guy Gardner boo

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Lack of Guy Gardner boo

I totally agree, pumpkin.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I would rather fuck a dry corpse than have you in my presence, Hensler.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    I would rather fuck a dry corpse than have you in my presence, Hensler.

Necrophilia! Dude, I knew we would have so much in common, snugglebuns.

istockphoto_451212_high_five.jpg
    HIGH FIVE!

Hensler on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Live action boo

Shut the fuck up Douglas.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Live action boo

Shut the fuck up Douglas.

what

no I'm not douglas

I am an animation student

I want more work for me once I get out of school

and also, TV special effects aren't good enough to do Green Lantern projections

and if it's live action, aliens are going to look like shit, and I want Kilowag, you poozer

pyramid post

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I imagine they'll want to give Green Lantern kind of the "Smallville" treatment, but I doubt it'll work. TV special effects won't do the ring effects justice, and the concept's probably just a little too far outside the norm for a mainstream audience to accept. They'd be better off going with one of their street-level heroes. The Question would make for an awesome sort of lighthearted X-Files, Blue Beetle could star in a pretty cool drama revolving around corporate takeovers and the occassional supervillain, and Richard Dragon could probably headline a decent Highlander-like kung fu fest.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    and another reason it should be a cartoon is because, no matter how hard you try, you can't have total suspension of disbelief for live-action superhero stuff

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I totally agree this should be animated, I can already feel my eyes warming up to roll in a sarcastic manner upon seeing the failure that this show will end up being. Of course if it doesn't suck my eyes will be shrink wrapped in tears of joy.

It's all about the eyes yo.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Eh, it doesn't have to be good to make money - look at how long Smallville has ran for. Hell, they even got 4 seasons out of Mutant X.

Hensler on
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    This show will succeed or fail on the basis of how they address Mogo.

I want my sentient Green Lantern planet, dammit.

Am I the only one who finds it weird this casting call is posted over Craigslist, by someone with a Yahoo mail account? It seems really... sketchy.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Charmy wrote:
    Am I the only one who finds it weird this casting call is posted over Craigslist, by someone with a Yahoo mail account? It seems really... sketchy.

Based on this information, I bet this is at best some sort of Internet based fan-flick thing. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but no way anything hitting the airwaves is going to cast their leads from craigslist.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You know, in the actual Green Lantern Corps book back in the day, Stewart was the lead, and Hal barely showed up.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You know, in the actual Green Lantern Corps book back in the day, Stewart was the lead, and Hal barely showed up.

mosaic?

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It's happening...

Again!

martian-manhunter.jpg

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    ihopiusihopius Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    A Green Landern Corp without Gardner, Kilawog and Nort is no Green Lantern Corp.

While Steward grew on me in JLU, I never got over the fact that he basically used his ring like a gun. He seemed to have little or no creativity. I did appriciate the consistent characterization they gave him though.

ihopius on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    ihopius wrote:
    A Green Landern Corp without Gardner, Kilawog and Nort is no Green Lantern Corp.

While Steward grew on me in JLU, I never got over the fact that he basically used his ring like a gun. He seemed to have little or no creativity. I did appriciate the consistent characterization they gave him though.
    Well at least he had a reason, he a soldier(Not an architect like the comics) and he wanted to get the most effectivnes out of the ring in the simplest way possible,

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Better have Sinestro Corps

Algertman on
  • Options
    ihopiusihopius Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well at least he had a reason, he a soldier(Not an architect like the comics) and he wanted to get the most effectivnes out of the ring in the simplest way possible,

I know, after a while I understood this was simply Stewart's character. Stoic, focused, diciplined and pragmatic to a fault. The ring could do so much more then 'blam and bubble', unfortuantely he was often incapible of using it creatively. Not because of a weakness of the ring, but because of inflexibility within himself.

Sheesh, I miss Timm's shows.

ihopius on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Aside from being more entertaining, I honestly can't think of a practical reason for the ring to do more than beat the shit out of people with blunt objects. Sure, Kyle might look more awesome with his robots and space communism, but another GL with as much willpower but less creativity could be just as effective.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm betting this is the guy that did Batman: Dead End, and the trailers for Worlds Finest and Grayson.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    MuddBudd wrote:
    I'm betting this is the guy that did Batman: Dead End, and the trailers for Worlds Finest and Grayson.

Well, that would be good. The thing is, shows and movies like this have a .2% success rate.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster