As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rechargable AA Batteries

LorkLork Registered User regular
I'm sick of buying batteries for my wii remote, but all of the rechargeable batteries I've used in the past have been shit, so I'm reluctant to just go out and buy some. Can anybody recommend a good pack?

Steam Profile: Lork
Lork on

• Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have some Energizer rechargeables and a 15 minute charger and haven't had any problems so far.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Eneloops or their Rayovac equivalents are great if you don't deplete batteries that often. They have much lower self discharge than other NiMH batteries, so if you leave the batteries alone for a month, they'll still be at about the same charge level as when you left them.

Serious_Scrub on
  • Options
    Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If you have to buy a charger anyway, IMHO you're better off getting a Nyko play and charge kit. Damn thing is convenient.

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If you have to buy a charger anyway, IMHO you're better off getting a Nyko play and charge kit. Damn thing is convenient.

The only problem with this is that it will only work for Wiimotes. I don't know about the OP, but I've got maybe six video game controllers that each take a pair of AAs, not counting non-video game stuff.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Be aware that there's rechargable batteries and rechargable batteries. This is a good read.

Echo on
  • Options
    RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've got two sets of Eneloops (8 AA total) and a single 4 battery charger. Keeps all my remotes up and running... I can't suggest them enough. They're one of the "hybrid" types suggested by that article.

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • Options
    Dark MoonDark Moon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ronen wrote: »
    I've got two sets of Eneloops (8 AA total) and a single 4 battery charger. Keeps all my remotes up and running... I can't suggest them enough. They're one of the "hybrid" types suggested by that article.

Another vote for Eneloops. Powering a flash is about the most demanding thing you can ask AAs to do, and Eneloops have way outperformed any of the other rechargeable batteries I've tried.

Dark Moon on
    3072973561_de17a80845_o.jpg
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Energizer 2500mAh batteries will do you good. I can't recommend the 15 minute charger, though, get a regular one if you can.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I have the Energizer 2500mAh batteries for both my Wiimotes and my camera. The 15 minute charger did kill the batteries' lifespan pretty quickly, but I can't really complain...they still last about a day or two in the camera and a little longer in the Wiimotes, so all I have to do is remember to charge them at least 15 minutes before the day that I want to use them. It's really not too much to ask.

Although, that charger with the LCD readout is giving me a nerdgasm, so I might have to get one of those. D:

Taximes on