As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comic Book Movie Thread: also their games

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That makes you a fool.

DouglasDanger on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm not expecting an action-a-minute movie from Iron Man so I don't mind the shots in the trailers. I do expect great acting and character moments, plus hopeful clues of HYDRA's birth.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2008
    They've got a great cast, a director who seems to completely understand the character and great effects. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to see it.

DJ Eebs on
  • RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    How early do theaters usually start selling tickets for midnight releases?

Ruins on
    ach.png
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    a lot of theaters have a 2 or 3 day advance.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited April 2008
    I just found out (when I saw Harold and Kumar earlier) that they're having a "sneak preview" of Iron Man Thursday night. Normally, this would be a problem, because I have class Monday through Thursday nights, but I have a test Thursday, so I'll be out after two hours at the most. So I'll probably end up going then.

DJ Eebs on
  • AlephAleph Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I get to watch Iron Man on April 30 here in Malaysia, yay.

Aleph on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You guys need to get a nifty press pass like me.

Press screenings? Here I come!

Mr Pink on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I was able to get tickets for the sneak peak Thursday, May 1st showing in town through Fandango.
    I hate Fandango and will never use it again, though I will continue to enjoy their commercials.

I am rather excited for this here Man of Iron movie.

Accualt on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm going to wait until Saturday afternoon to see the movie I think. Generally I've had pretty good luck seeing movies in the afternoon and not having to deal with all the crazy crowds

smokmnky on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bah, I am busy until monday :(

Sharp101 on
    edited April 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    I'm going to wait until Saturday afternoon to see the movie I think. Generally I've had pretty good luck seeing movies in the afternoon and not having to deal with all the crazy crowds

I'm telling you guys, press pass.

The entire theatre is devoted to me, some staff, the owner, a few other writers for local papers, and that one guy that does TV reviews that no one really likes. Plus free popcorn and drinks.

Mr Pink on
    edited April 2008
    Man, I hate seeing movies in empty theaters. I know I enjoyed Spider-Man 3 and Transformers a lot more than I normally would have because the theater was packed.

DJ Eebs on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »

I'm telling you guys, press pass.

The entire theatre is devoted to me, some staff, the owner, a few other writers for local papers, and that one guy that does TV reviews that no one really likes. Plus free popcorn and drinks.

Tell us how!

Robos A Go Go on
    edited April 2008
    I personally don't mind a crowded theatre, but I really hate having some 8 year old sitting behind me kick the seat in excitement every time someone does something on screen.

Example, someone brought their 6 year old kid (maybe 7) to see Diary of the Dead. Kid screamed the whole movie, thrashing against the seat like some sort of tiny banshee.

Edit: How to get a press pass - Write for a local paper or news agency, or have a friend that does. I know my pass can be used for me and a guest, at our local theatre. I've seen people that work for the college paper, turn in one article a semester, and still have that nifty pass. The official AP (associated press) ones last a year, but I've used an expired one before and no one realy cares.

Hell, I'm sure you could probably just write PRESS on a business card.

Mr Pink on
    edited April 2008
    there was like, a six year old and a seven year old when I went to see Harold and Kumar, and I sat away from them

DJ Eebs on
    edited April 2008
    there was like, a six year old and a seven year old when I went to see Harold and Kumar, and I sat away from them

I usually do that. Unless the people come in after me, as was this case.

And off topic, but a six year old to H&K? I'm no prude, but that had some pretty adult stuff in it.

Mr Pink on
    edited April 2008
    Mr Pink wrote: »

I usually do that. Unless the people come in after me, as was this case.

And off topic, but a six year old to H&K? I'm no prude, but that had some pretty adult stuff in it.

Yeah, I don't think it was a good decision on the part of the mother.

DJ Eebs on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You have to learn about Asians and Neal Patrick Harris sometime. Better to do so in a controlled environment with adult supervision than on the streets.

Robos A Go Go on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm really looking forward to Iron Man, but after my last two theater-ventures (Walk Hard and I am Legend) I'm not sure I want to risk being disappointed again.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited April 2008
    I thought Walk Hard was great, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority.

DJ Eebs on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    John C. Reilly and the Beatles scene made Walk Hard an enjoyable movie for me. Hell, Reilly makes Tim and Erics awesome show tolerable.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I saw John C. Reilly in person like 2 weeks before Walk Hard came out. It was really weird. Apparently he had just done a promotional appearance and was walking out of the movie theater that is on campus here.

It was weird seeing an actual celebrity in a place I go often.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
    edited April 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    John C. Reilly and the Beatles scene made Walk Hard an enjoyable movie for me. Hell, Reilly makes Tim and Erics awesome show tolerable.

The Beatles scene was easily my favorite. Jenna Fischer wasn't too bad either. :P

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Has there been any information or shots released about Superman: Man of Steel? IMDB shows it as announced, but I'm not able to find any more info on it. Singer appears to be directing, though.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bloods End on
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'll be seeing Iron Man this coming saturday afternoon with a bunch of mates. As tempting as it is to go and see it on thursday, I think this will work out just fine. The main problem will be keeping myself from reading spoilers and discussion before I've seen it.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    snap.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    snap indeed!

i loved that line
    'this city deserves a better class of criminal, and i'm gonna give it to 'em. you'll see. i'll show ya.'

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited April 2008
    ^^^^ oh my freaking god! when did that show? iron man, maybe?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Rich Johnston at CBR talks about his impressions of Iron Man: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16195

The best part in there is confirmation that
    Sam Jackson is Nick Fury and he shows up at the very end to recruit Tony for the Avengers. So I guess the Marvel movie universe is going to be a combination of the Ultimate Universe and 616.

edited by servo for spoilers- 'dang it, mask, i didn't wanna know that'

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited April 2008
    Has there been any information or shots released about Superman: Man of Steel? IMDB shows it as announced, but I'm not able to find any more info on it. Singer appears to be directing, though.

This MySpace friend requested me the other day.

No idea how legit it is, seeing as the top of the page is a wall of 'this image has been removed'.

Mr Pink on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    McCly wrote: »
    ^^^^ oh my freaking god! when did that show? iron man, maybe?
    They had a thing yesterday/last night

Fencingsax on
    edited April 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Rich Johnston at CBR talks about his impressions of Iron Man: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16195
    The best part in there is confirmation that Sam Jackson is Nick Fury and he shows up at the very end to recruit Tony for the Avengers. So I guess the Marvel movie universe is going to be a combination of the Ultimate Universe and 616.

Are you kidding me? Spoiler-tag that!

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    shiiiiit youtube is blocked at school

arrrghaghaghaghgh

Sars_Boy on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Jordyn will love the amount of flying that Batman seems to be doing in this trailer.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    He soars through the air with the greatest of ease!

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    McCly wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    The best part in there is confirmation that Sam Jackson is Nick Fury and he shows up at the very end to recruit Tony for the Avengers. So I guess the Marvel movie universe is going to be a combination of the Ultimate Universe and 616.

Are you kidding me? Spoiler-tag that!

My bad. :oops:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yessssss new trailer is so awesome

Sars_Boy on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    damn, video got pulled already

smokmnky on
This discussion has been closed.