As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comic Book Movie Thread: also their games

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Damn it sucks that we'll never see where Ledgers Joker could have gone in future Batman movies.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Uh

it's not sentimentality, it's the fact that he's fucking fantastic as Joker from what we've seen and it's likely no one could follow him with a degree of success.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh I know that, it just makes me want to see Dark Knight that much more.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited April 2008
    Woah hey where the fuck did Robos a Gogo's post go

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think he was responding to a comment I deleted, which I made based on a misreading of the post.

I briefly thought you were lamenting being unable to see where the Joker could go in future installments in terms of story and not, you know, the actor's performance.

And yeah, I agree that you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone who can match Heath's performance.

Robos A Go Go on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think he was responding to a comment I deleted, which I made based on a misreading of the post.

I briefly thought you were lamenting being unable to see where the Joker could go in future installments in terms of story and not, you know, the actor's performance.

And yeah, I agree that you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone who can match Heath's performance.

I think Daniel Day Lewis could pull it off. Might not be the same Joker as Ledger, but I could see him doing it.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wow, that's an interesting thought.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited April 2008
    I doubt he would ever do it though, he seems like it would be "below him" to do a Comic Book movie. Not dissing on Lewis, nor comic movies, it's just the dude has a track record that includes The Crucible, There Will Be Blood, Gangs of New York and The Last of the Mohicians.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINAGE BATMAN!

Sars_Boy on
    edited April 2008
    And he's a method actor, so if he played the Joker things might get ugly.

Robos A Go Go on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I say that, should they use the Joker in future movies, they get Charlie Hunnam to do it. Not because of his strength as an actor, but because every time I saw him on Undeclared I thought, "Hey, it's back-up Heath Ledger."

Munch on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2008
    can't really imagine it getting uglier than the way heath ledger did it

DJ Eebs on
    edited April 2008

I meant he might get lost in the character, and then we'd have a real genius serial killer on our hands.

Not that that wouldn't be a kickass viral marketing scheme, but I figure making people afraid to leave their homes is going to hurt ticket sales.

Robos A Go Go on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I meant he might get lost in the character, and then we'd have a real genius serial killer on our hands.

Not that that wouldn't be a kickass viral marketing scheme, but I figure making people afraid to leave their homes is going to hurt ticket sales.

Oh, it'll be OK - I don't think DDL chopped up more than 3 or 4 random people while he was shooting Gangs of NY.

KalTorak on
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just watched a Review of Iron Man by Margaret and David, a couple of Australias most well known and harsh film critics. The loved it, giving it 4.5 and 3.5 stars respectively. The did say that a lot of its success was thanks to Robert Downey Jr., though the liked the whole cast and script and visual effects. Pretty damn positive.
    There were also a couple of clips I hadn't seen before, putting the bit with the Fighters flying with Tony into context.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    I say that, should they use the Joker in future movies, they get Charlie Hunnam to do it. Not because of his strength as an actor, but because every time I saw him on Undeclared I thought, "Hey, it's back-up Heath Ledger."
    Keith wrote: »
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt is beginning to look exactly like Heath Ledger. It's kind of weird
    josephgordonlevitt1qt7.jpgheathledgergx6.jpg

heathledgerjl1.jpg060313jglevitt4pwidecor2.jpg

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2008
    I had a roommate who looked like Joseph Gordon Levitt, but he bit his own toe nails while watching tv and that alone killed most of the sex appeal.

Robos A Go Go on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt is beginning to look exactly like Heath Ledger. It's kind of weird
    josephgordonlevitt1qt7.jpgheathledgergx6.jpg

heathledgerjl1.jpg060313jglevitt4pwidecor2.jpg

That's weird, considering both were in 10 Things I Hate About You

Kyougu on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    deadonthestreet on
    edited April 2008
    Very impressed with the new Hulk trailer. I may actually watch it now.

Kyougu on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That trailer is awesome.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • AlephAleph Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just saw Iron Man and I can confirm that Nick Fury did indeed make an appearance after the end credits. I've read reports saying otherwise though, odd.

Oh, the movie was awesome, Robert Downey Jr. made the movie.

Aleph on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Does he tear a car in half and make boxing gloves out of it?
    Is that what I am seeing?

Accualt on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY GAVE HIM CAR HANDS

Sars_Boy on
    edited April 2008
    Aleph wrote: »
    I just saw Iron Man and I can confirm that Nick Fury did indeed make an appearance after the end credits. I've read reports saying otherwise though, odd.

Oh, the movie was awesome, Robert Downey Jr. made the movie.
    I heard that they took out said scene from press screenings and what not to try and keep it a real surprise.

Kyougu on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    20 minute Hulk vs. Abomination fight? I'm so there.
    OMYGOD CAR-FISTS!

I have a friend who got to see an early screening of Iron Man. He said it was "the best comic book movie EVER." We'll see in 2 days:P

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It would be swell if Nick Fury/SHIELD is responsible for finding Banner in those slums/favelas for Gen. Ross.

Crimsondude on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    Does he tear a car in half and make boxing gloves out of it?
    Is that what I am seeing?

I think you are, Accualt.

I think you are.

So, supposedly "Hulk smash" from Lou Ferrigno, no backstory we've seen a billion times, car-gloves, and (if the trailer is to be believed) a remake/update of the Incredible Hulk "sad walking away theme".

Oh man.

Summer is going to be awesome for comic geeks.

Blankspace wrote: »
    I doubt he would ever do it though, he seems like it would be "below him" to do a Comic Book movie. Not dissing on Lewis, nor comic movies, it's just the dude has a track record that includes The Crucible, There Will Be Blood, Gangs of New York and The Last of the Mohicians.
    A good actor can appreciate a good character/role regardless of their track record, though.

The Muffin Man on
  • TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I got Iron Man on XBOX360 a day early because my brother works at Dick Smith Powerhouse...

I am loving it!

Edit: Also... FUCKING CAR FISTS!!!

TrueHereticX on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

personally, I'd be interested to see what Joseph Gordon-Levitt could do

I think he looks a lot like Heath and also has shown a lot of talent as an actor

Centipede Damascus on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I am really curious as to how the Wii version of Iron Man will turn out as I probably won't have an Xbox for another month or two.

HadjiQuest on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Jesus, people are actually playing the Iron Man game?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yes, because it looks pretty cool. Like, Hulk Ultimate Destruction cool.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm going to rent it because I enjoyed the demo because I'm not a stick in the mud.

Accualt on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Yes, because it looks pretty cool. Like, Hulk Ultimate Destruction cool.

Having played it, I can unequivocally say that you are wrong.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't suppose there's a PC demo out at all?

Wildcat on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I want a Hulk: Ultimate Destruction sequel. :(

JoeUser on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wildcat on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The game for Incredible Hulk looks extremely similar to ultimate destruction.

The only problem is that the new hulk movie has a story that's extremely similar to UD's story, so in the end it'll pretty much be just a remake of Ultimate Destruction.

HadjiQuest on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    The game for Incredible Hulk looks extremely similar to ultimate destruction.

The only problem is that the new hulk movie has a story that's extremely similar to UD's story, so in the end it'll pretty much be just a remake of Ultimate Destruction.

They could add even more destructiveness to the environments though! I hope they leave in car surfing.

JoeUser on
This discussion has been closed.