As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MS Paint Art - Gradients ... Do you have them?

2»

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    Projeck wrote: »
    Vathris wrote: »
    Projeck wrote: »
    i fucking love mspaint
    potana.png
    ldld.png
    hellboy.png

Dude let me say I have been trolling on your art topic for a few days now, I really enjoy your style man. Have you explored other 'classic' mediums yet?

i dont think you understand what 'trolling' is

but anyways, thanks! and most of my stuff is traditional, i just don't have a scanner

I think he means "trawling". Yeah, Vathris, if you'd been trolling Projeck's thread, then you would have been making jackass posts just to get a reaction.

Trolling and trawling are the same in the non-internet meaning of the word. Though trolling would be the more correct usage in this instance.

Trolling (apart from the obvious fishing conotations) means
    A) To wander about; ramble.
    B) Slang To patrol an area in search for someone or something.

Mustang on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    mspaint antialiasing while resizing, is that new in windows xp? the last time i had to use paint was on a 98 machine, and my poor memory tells me either it lacked resizing capabilities or did so on a level more similar to photoshop's "nearest neighbor". i could easily be wrong though.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • ilmmadilmmad Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    MSPaint can manage a crude gradient, too.

crudegradientml7.png

You make a diagonally bisected square and fill each triangle with what you want to blend. Stretchskew it to one pixel wide, then stretchskew it back to however wide you need.

Not in Vista's paint. Just manages to turn the diagonal bisection into a horizontal bisection.

ilmmad on
    Ilmmad.gif
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I KNEW VISTA SUCKED BUT DAMN!

Sublimus on
  • MaximasXXZMaximasXXZ Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ilmmad wrote: »

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2605/crudegradientml7.png

You make a diagonally bisected square and fill each triangle with what you want to blend. Stretchskew it to one pixel wide, then stretchskew it back to however wide you need.

Not in Vista's paint. Just manages to turn the diagonal bisection into a horizontal bisection.

Negative, Ghost Rider:

NegativeGhostRider.jpg

Behold, the power of Vista Paint.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    PSN: MaximasXXZ XBOX Live: SneakyMcSnipe
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    didnt work for me

Projeck on
  • VathrisVathris Baconist @EndofTimeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just finished this little fellow, this is part of a larger picture I'm working on.

Obama.png

Vathris on
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Why does Barack look like a pissy teacher? Did a Republican draw a picture of him with a mustache on the chalkboard?

multimoog on
  • icebergiceberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    multimoog wrote: »
    Why does Barack look like a pissy teacher? Did a Republican draw a picture of him with a mustache on the chalkboard?

niiiice

iceberg on
  • acadiaacadia Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

That's not obama. It's Bill Cosby!

B'Jello!

acadia on
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SNAPP

The extra 'p' is for extra snapp
    That extra 'p' is a typo.

multimoog on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    acadia wrote: »

B'Jello!

Yeah I suppose we all look the same to you.........hang on a sec, no it's cool, I'm white. :^:

Mustang on
  • VathrisVathris Baconist @EndofTimeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    acadia wrote: »

B'Jello!

Yeah I suppose we all look the same to you.........hang on a sec, no it's cool, I'm white. :^:

Ha! Well I have been told that it does look more like Cosby, I was just trying to get an angry face out of Obama :P I think I'm going to leave that pic alone for a bit. Got to wait for the Demi's to figure out who they want as their pick. If he wins I'll finish it.

I wonder what I should MS next....

Vathris on
  • devicesdevices Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ilmmad wrote: »

gradient.png

i made the same mistake i think you're making, if i'm wrong then sorry:

to stretchskew press ctrl+w, and in the stretch horizontal value box, enter 1%, this should take you down to about 10 pixels if you're using the default sized canvas, so reduce it to 1% again to make it 1 pixel wide.

after that was done, i used the same horizonal skew again and expanded it by 500% (the maximum) until i got the size i wanted.

devices on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    mspdoodlehih.jpg

i offer no warranty and make no claims as to the goodness of the above MSPaint image

desperaterobots on
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm playing GTA4 a little too much.

niko.jpg

Scosglen on