As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Week 04/30/08

ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Graphic Violence
newav40.png
New Avengers #40

Spider-Woman is the Skrull queen!?

And DC Universe 0 was pretty solid all around. Loved the Batman / Joker interaction.

pygsig.png
Zeromus on

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've only read New Avengers and DCU Zero but both were awesome.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thor: Ages of Thunder was all-around excellent.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think Avengers: The Initiative gets my moment of the week for one simple reason.
    Trauma's alive! I don't care if how they brought him back was ambiguous and stupid, he's not dead!

Vann Diras on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Having just finished reading Avengers: The Initiative myself, my true MotW is...
    Georgia FINALLY getting some heros in the form of Thor-girl and Abby who is now wearing Ms. Marvels old uniform.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, Initiative was great.
    Oh, Sally! Zing!

DC Universe 0 was also pretty cool.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    DCU 0 was great and all, but I wouldn't call it my moment

Black Summer was holyfuckawesome though

that's
    is how you do a fucking summer blockbuster for comics

Sars_Boy on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thor and Messiah Complex trades. Finally I can see what you guys were talking about.....months ago

Psychotic One on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

Your comment makes me ill.

Crimsondude on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That's just your rage-puke building up.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The Order was so good, but also so depressing that I want to kill myself.

Robos A Go Go on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh, God. To be able to puke red Rage cosmic power all over Warren Ellis (and Garth Ennis while I'm at it), flaying the skin and muscle from his bones ...

Gentlemen, I have a new goal in life.

Crimsondude on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Between the reveal at the end of DCU 0 and Iron Fist, I'm having a good week
    DC
    I like the little things that they threw in there, that you don't notice until you find out about Barry. Things like him mentioning parallel earths vibrating at different frequencies.

Me Too! on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, can the Initiative possibly make my love for Cloud 9 any greater? I love that the issue ended with her. :^:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wizard picked Wolverine as the greatest comic book character ever. I fucking hate them.

Algertman on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2008
    And they listed Jason Todd as a better character than Tim Drake. It's a bad list.

DJ Eebs on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

the hell was wrong with it?

It was a big action comic, that's all it's ever been.

Also the order was fucking awesome and it's good to know that they'll probably be making an appearance in the new Iron Man

Sars_Boy on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fraction has confirmed that Pepper Potts as Hera at least will be a major character in his Iron Man book

that makes me happy

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2008
    I think it's kind of amazing how much all of those characters developed over ten issues, and while I'm kind of sad that it didn't sell, those characters will get a lot more exposure being in a high profile Iron Man book, and Fraction got to finish off the story the way he wanted.

DJ Eebs on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2008
    Algertman wrote: »
    Wizard picked Wolverine as the greatest comic book character ever. I fucking hate them.

Wizard is marvel biased

Garlic Bread on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    Algertman wrote: »

Wizard is marvel biased

The last page of Wizard is Marvel guys sucking Wizard's dick.

Also Kitty Pryde listed higher than Doctor Doom.

Algertman on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think it's kind of amazing how much all of those characters developed over ten issues, and while I'm kind of sad that it didn't sell, those characters will get a lot more exposure being in a high profile Iron Man book, and Fraction got to finish off the story the way he wanted.

They're going to be his supporting cast? If so, sweet.

Robos A Go Go on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Between the reveal at the end of DCU 0 and Iron Fist, I'm having a good week
    DC

iron fist indeed!

i loved the part where
    xao is all "do i look like i'm scared of you, danny rand?" i read that and i was like "man xao, the guy just blew up a whole bullet train with one punch! i'm scared, and he's not even real!"

also, eighth city hunh? spookay!

and i certainly hope the book turns into an episode of friends starring the immortal weapons instead of some whiny guys

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited May 2008
    The opening splash page of Black Summer was awesome. If you look closely, you'll see Spongebob, Bam Bam, Mario, a Bob-omb, and a penguin amongst all the carnage.

Also, Iron Fist's ending was the best. Immortal weapons in NYC? YES PLZ

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My moment of the week was finishing reading The Kindly Ones last night. I'm heading out in a few minutes to go read The Wake.

Lyta Hall, I hope you get whats coming to you.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DC Universe #0
    Barry Allen! I don't know much about him as most of what I've read is Wally, but should be interesting.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • TankTank Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    A question about DC Universe #0.
    How are we supposed to know its Barry Allen coming back at the end of the issue? Are you sure it isn't Bart?

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    here to spread more new avengers love

Fucking anyone could be a skrull now :(
    STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME! *runs and locks away in a motel in bum fuck nowhere*
    holy shit at the reveal that no real detection method has been found, magical or otherwise.

delphinus on
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tank wrote: »
    How are we supposed to know its Barry Allen coming back at the end of the issue? Are you sure it isn't Bart?

Diablo Fett on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I sadly am unable to read most comics until weeks after they've come out, relying on places like this to learn what's going on. Still, I have to give props to Action Comics #864 on holding (so far) my moment of the week thanks to someone in the DCU FINALLY asking the question (more or less) I and a lot of fans have been wondering.
    10cvo12.jpg
    2vnp3cp.jpg

Thank you, Batman. Thank you.

Owenashi on
    edited May 2008
    Owenashi, I believe DC Universe #0 refers to this as well, and there's apparently going to be a mini about it.

wwtMask on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2008
    Tank wrote: »
    1) Morrison and Johns said it's Barry in an interview
    2) Bart doesn't talk like that.

Garlic Bread on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Owenashi, I believe DC Universe #0 refers to this as well, and there's apparently going to be a mini about it.

No, I know about Lo3W. I'm just glad someone in the DCU's finally bringing this up.

Owenashi on
    edited May 2008
    Teen Titans: Year One is such a fun book, but I kind of don't like the modernizing of it. The Titans are like the only characters that have actually grown up, so to see their beginnings in the present day and then their now mid-twenties selves in the same time period is a bit weird

it works for the adult heroes because they never really change

Garlic Bread on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    Teen Titans: Year One is such a fun book, but I kind of don't like the modernizing of it. The Titans are like the only characters that have actually grown up, so to see their beginnings in the present day and then their now mid-twenties selves in the same time period is a bit weird

it works for the adult heroes because they never really change

I'm willing to overlook it due to sheer awesomeness... and the art makes my heart happy.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited May 2008
    Oh, it's pretty much the best book (well not the best book, but you know)

it just seems like it'd be more of an "ultimate" teen titans thing than a year one story

Garlic Bread on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Also the order was fucking awesome and it's good to know that they'll probably be making an appearance in the new Iron Man

any time an ennis book is brought up he needs to throw a little tantrum about how much he hates ennis.

Angry on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Angry wrote: »

any time an ennis book is brought up he needs to throw a little tantrum about how much he hates ennis.

*Ellis

Mai-Kero on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    oh right, it was ellis this time.

Angry on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DC Universe
    And now I remember.

Although I would like someone to give me the cliff notes on the Legion stuff at the beginning. I don't read Superman.

Also, uh, I thought DC Universe was supposed to be a sort of "General state of the DC universe" recap sort of thing? Not a bunch of previews. Still nice, anyway.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    The opening splash page of Black Summer was awesome. If you look closely, you'll see Spongebob, Bam Bam, Mario, a Bob-omb, and a penguin amongst all the carnage.

Also, Iron Fist's ending was the best. Immortal weapons in NYC? YES PLZ

Black Summer 6 was totally worth the wait. Holy crap. I can't pick a single moment off the top of my head... I'll have to get back with this one after I get the issue back from a co-worker.
    Hyde dies, Angel gets shots in the knee, John Horus and the General talk about Tom Noir, and then Blacksmith brings more Guns and maybe drops a nuke on everyone. Damn good action comic.

Immortal Iron Fist 14 was damn good too. I'm not even sure I can pick a moment out of this one either...
    Danny vs the train, the Weapons vs Hydra, Misty trash-talking the Hydra guys into surrendering Mrs Hogarth, the reveal (lie?) of an eighth city, Lei-Kung maybe becoming the new Yu-Ti, Orson's daughter maybe becoming the new Thunderer, Davos repenting... THE IMMORTAL WEAPONS IN NYC...
    Yeah, pretty much the whole issue.

I also picked up Aqua Leung, but I haven't had the chance to read that yet.

I picked up DC Universe 0 too, but I have not read it yet.

DouglasDanger on