As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm NEW! + Video Girls Series

GuitaratomikGuitaratomik Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Artist's Corner
Hey guys! I'm new to the forums but I've been reading PA for a looooong time. I'm finally going to PAX this year so I figured I'd sign up and get to know some people. I do music under the name I KILL PXLS and besides music, I'm an illustrator/graphic designer. To help introduce myself, I'll show you guys a series I did a while back called Video Girls. The idea was to take male video game characters and turn them into female humans.

Video_Girls_Super_Mario_ReDeux_by_G.jpg

Video_Girls__Sonic_by_GuitarAtomik.jpg

Video_Girls__MegaGirl_v2_0_by_Guita.jpg

Video_Girls__God_of_War_by_GuitarAt.jpg

Video_Girls__Katamari_Damacy_by_Gui.jpg

Video_Girls__Devil_May_Cry_by_Guita.jpg

And the only exception to my male ---> female rule:

Video_Girls__Okami_by_GuitarAtomik.jpg

Guitaratomik on

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So awesome.

Godfather on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You have this thing with boobies that's kinda off-setting to the gentleman.

Absolutely beautiful art, though. Goddess of War is wicked.

You should do Altair some time, he'd look great as a she.

Aldo on
  • GuitaratomikGuitaratomik Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Altair would be pretty cool actually. There are still a few more characters I can think of that would be cool to do. Solid Snake is probably on the top of that list right now.

Guitaratomik on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    This is a formal thank you for not spelling girls with a 'z'.

bombardier on
    edited April 2008
    Altair would be pretty cool actually. There are still a few more characters I can think of that would be cool to do. Solid Snake is probably on the top of that list right now.
    Oooh, that'd be interesting as well. A+ if you can manage to do it in the water colouring style of the artwork. :D

Brainfart: I had this idea in the back of my head to make a female version of all the classes of TF2, the art style of the game lends itself for some great comicky females (type: big lips, long legs, big weaponry).

Aldo on
    edited April 2008
    bombardier wrote: »
    This is a formal thank you for not spelling girls with a 'z'.

Your welcome :lol: I think the "Z" thing should go the way of "X-Treme!".

Aldo wrote: »
    Oooh, that'd be interesting as well. A+ if you can manage to do it in the water colouring style of the artwork. :D

Brainfart: I had this idea in the back of my head to make a female version of all the classes of TF2, the art style of the game lends itself for some great comicky females (type: big lips, long legs, big weaponry).

That TF2 one would be an AWESOME splash piece. I'll have to think about that one.

Guitaratomik on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    oh man

awweeesome!
    particularly the last 4

beavotron on
  • JoschuaESQJoschuaESQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    TF2 Group photo.
    Heavy weapons Helga anyone?

EDIT: Forgot to add my props this was fantastic to see, nice style changes very well done all in all :)

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2008

I've seen some fan art (I think) of a female scout. Whoever did it nailed the TF2 style perfectly.

Echo on
    edited April 2008
    Echo wrote: »

I've seen some fan art (I think) of a female scout. Whoever did it nailed the TF2 style perfectly.

My google-fu is weak, but if you can find it and PM it/link it here, that would be swell.

Aldo on
  • ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I didn't really like the first two, a few elements didn't work IMO: Maria(?)'s foot while nicely dynamic doesn't flow too well with the rest, at least IMO, and the characters look semi-stagnant lacking the line variation, also the background comes off too blurry, and Soni(?) seems to have some random arm foreshortening for the sake of foreshortening, doesn't make a lot of sense unless she has T-rex arms.

The last 5 are really awesome, and the style really shines. My fav is prolly the last one; you have some nice curves and flow going on there.

Overall, good show sir, would watch again.

Shiboe on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    JoschuaESQ wrote: »
    TF2 Group photo.
    Heavy weapons Helga anyone?

EDIT: Forgot to add my props this was fantastic to see, nice style changes very well done all in all :)

ABSOLUTELY THIS

Sami on
  • Matt!Matt! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Your stuff was on Audiosurf radio, and made for some awesome audiosurfing.

Matt! on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    im pretty sure the person who did the female scout did a bunch of others, too

and dude, your work is fucking slick

Projeck on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The last two are definetaly the most successful. In the others, the foreshortening on the arms and legs just didn't work out too well.

wakkawa on
    edited April 2008
    Matt! wrote: »
    Your stuff was on Audiosurf radio, and made for some awesome audiosurfing.

That was indeed me. Thanks!!

Guitaratomik on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    That Dante (Dantina?) is rad as hell.

Also before anyone gets any ideas, I'd like to point out that doing the opposite idea and turning sexy video game women into big burly dudes is bound to be somewhat less successful concept.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2008
    Perfect excuse to use my new tablet! NSFW

Tube on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    Tube do you always have to barge in and upstage the little guy?

bombardier on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2008
    I am particularly proud of the anatomical accuracy of the upper trapezius.

Tube on
    edited April 2008
    That Dante (Dantina?) is rad as hell.

Also before anyone gets any ideas, I'd like to point out that doing the opposite idea and turning sexy video game women into big burly dudes is bound to be somewhat less successful concept.

Yeah. I thought about doing maybe one for pure joke purposes but ...well......Tube has pretty much shown why I didn't :lol:

Guitaratomik on
  • JoJoHoraHoraJoJoHoraHora ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I guess Gamestop Italy likes your Okami pic, since their using it to promote the game. It's only used as a thumbnail though.

JoJoHoraHora on
    steam_sig.png
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I guess Gamestop Italy likes your Okami pic, since their using it to promote the game. It's only used as a thumbnail though.

Wow. I wonder if they asked permission, or just found it somewhere and thought "well it isn't actually the game but it looks cool, let's nick it!".

p.s.edit: I am digging the music. Cool sound you have going on! All round talented dude I see :)

Lly on
  • HarpsichordHarpsichord Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Katamari Princess is cute as a God damned, hell fire button.

Christ you're good.

Harpsichord on
  • Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My favorite thing is the background of the katamari picture. The plaidness of the giraffe and flying pink whales made me giggle.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • icebergiceberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    the god of war, okami, and dante ones are all incredibly solid. the rest could use some work/touch-ups.

all in all, very solid though.

i also spit some water on my desk after larry croft

iceberg on
  • acadiaacadia Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Each style meshes perfectly with the video game it comes from. You're so damn ELASTIC with your art, it makes me jealous.

Favorite has to be the katamari one, you just captured the absurdity of the game so well.

acadia on
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I find it disconcerting that not everybody's picked apart the anatomy stnanks all over the place (especially Sonic). But those backgrounds are hot and there's a lot of nice energy in them (I really like the faux-pixel SMB one).

multimoog on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I like them but the foreshortening on the jumbo leg on the first pic is bothering the hell out of me....like really bothering me....I demand it be fixed! Nah I'm just kidding.
    But seriously, fix the leg.

Mustang on
  • SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    what in the fuck.

Sueve on
  • SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    it would have been really funny if this :

Video_Girls__Okami_by_GuitarAtomik.jpg

was one of the new coverarts for okami

Sueve on
  • oysterboyoysterboy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Great stuff! I think there's some small issues with anatomy on your girls but more than anything I am loving the colours and design of these. I would love to see what you could do with some of my line work. check it out at www.AdamAthertonPresents.blogspot.com. If you want to try colouring something send me a PM or an email at Adamdatherton@hotmail.com and I can send you the uncoloured lines. Maybe sometime we could collaborate on something.

oysterboy on
  • KeyyKeyy Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    I'm going with the others on how slick this is, and I give a special mention to the detail in Dante's coat.

Keyy on
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    you have a great composition setup. The only one with a "boring" composition is the Okami one if you ask me

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Woah, those are awesome, I love the Dante lady in red with the squished boobs (not because of the boobs)
    I love those 'patterns' on the right hand side. What do you use for reference for that kinda thing? Or are they just doodles?

Snare on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    She-Mario's foot strikes me as absolutely atrocious, but other than that this is all pretty damn awesome.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited May 2008
    Lly wrote: »

Wow. I wonder if they asked permission, or just found it somewhere and thought "well it isn't actually the game but it looks cool, let's nick it!".

p.s.edit: I am digging the music. Cool sound you have going on! All round talented dude I see :)

Snap! They sure as hell didn't ask me. How do I sue in Italian?

Snare wrote: »
    Woah, those are awesome, I love the Dante lady in red with the squished boobs (not because of the boobs)
    I love those 'patterns' on the right hand side. What do you use for reference for that kinda thing? Or are they just doodles?

I actually sketched that part in class one day and decided to use it in the Dante piece. You can see the original sketch HERE.

Guitaratomik on
    edited May 2008
    I guess this falls under international copyright laws sooo...

Yeah, any law students around here? :P

Aldo on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I wish girl-Mario and girl-Luigi actually wore full clothing and were squat and hairy. I just can't accept this as canon. :P

http://heros-shadow.deviantart.com/art/Team-Fortress-2-Female-Scout-70927290

Is this the Scout artwork mentioned earlier?

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited May 2008
    I wish girl-Mario and girl-Luigi actually wore full clothing and were squat and hairy. I just can't accept this as canon. :P

http://heros-shadow.deviantart.com/art/Team-Fortress-2-Female-Scout-70927290

Is this the Scout artwork mentioned earlier?
    That looks lame. She looks like a dude what with the huge nose, firm jaw, short hair, lack of boobs and overall male physique.

Someone out do this! :P

Aldo on