As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Nexus War - The Knights rise again!

• AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    Is the IRC empty right now, or did I go to the wrong server or something?
    There are 15 people in there right now so... probably yes.

Aroduc on
  • DarkMagusDarkMagus Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    Speaking of iRC, been thinking about hanging out in there. Anyone wanna drop me a line?

DarkMagus on
  • AllonAllon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Wait, what?

Are you asking for our supersekrit password? :/

Allon on
  • Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    <3 one-shot kill on an IB without Chit Armor. Hurrah for Greater Smite!

edit:

Concerning our policies of "don't touch neutrals unless they hit you" under all circumstances:

I would like to amend this to allow for the execution of the "fence-sitters" if they belong to an evil faction. Plenty of blasphemers and unbelievers keep their morality in the grey zone, whether in order to heal their impure comrades or to get immunity from the wrath of Lightspeaker pets, or to enjoy the bonuses offered by the skills of the Nexus Champion. Hiding behind this facade of neutrality, they consort with the fell powers and do nefarious evil. The Elder Powers have seen fit to grant we angels the Hand of Zealotry, with which we may deal harsh justice to these heretics.

Unfortunately, as I and some other champions of good have learned to our misfortune, the destruction of false neutrals is still prohibited under the code of the Knights. I would like to see us revisit our archaic and outdated policy in favor of an enlightened one that will remove these ridiculous constraints in our crusade against evil.

tl;dr - let us kill grey manz if they're in a black faction plz

Steel-Angel on
    signaturep.jpg
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006

What's the max damage possible anyway? Seraph + long arm w/+5 damage + Strong + Elite + Infinite + GSmite + IB@0Soak (or negative soak if you've got a cooperative pariah nearby)? Or could the NC with his +4 damage at 0 MO, +4 with bows etc etc, and a crit on a focused attack go past that?

Aroduc on
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

edit:

Concerning our policies of "don't touch neutrals unless they hit you" under all circumstances:

I would like to amend this to allow for the execution of the "fence-sitters" if they belong to an evil faction. Plenty of blasphemers and unbelievers keep their morality in the grey zone, whether in order to heal their impure comrades or to get immunity from the wrath of Lightspeaker pets, or to enjoy the bonuses offered by the skills of the Nexus Champion. Hiding behind this facade of neutrality, they consort with the fell powers and do nefarious evil. The Elder Powers have seen fit to grant we angels the Hand of Zealotry, with which we may deal harsh justice to these heretics.

Unfortunately, as I and some other champions of good have learned to our misfortune, the destruction of false neutrals is still prohibited under the code of the Knights. I would like to see us revisit our archaic and outdated policy in favor of an enlightened one that will remove these ridiculous constraints in our crusade against evil.

Support. HOWEVER.

I'd like to extend this to any neutral in our area. Hunting in Marrakun is thin at best (although we raid constantly), and Balance and Phoenix members can slay our people at any time. Don't think this is fair.

I propose and support the killing of neutrals of enemy factions, and neutral members of the Pax Marrakun because they kill us all the time and we can't do anything against it without taking two bits of damage in the first place, and often times thats 20-30 DMG worth on us that we're less than the other guy.

Vote?

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    hoodie13 wrote:

edit:

Support. HOWEVER.

I'd like to extend this to any neutral in our area. Hunting in Marrakun is thin at best (although we raid constantly), and Balance and Phoenix members can slay our people at any time. Don't think this is fair.

I propose and support the killing of neutrals of enemy factions, and neutral members of the Pax Marrakun because they kill us all the time and we can't do anything against it without taking two bits of damage in the first place, and often times thats 20-30 DMG worth on us that we're less than the other guy.

Vote?

I'm jive.

I only leave the stronghold for raids anyway, and I'm sure as hell not going to set the ghouls to defensive in those cases. :P

Aroduc on
    edited December 2006
    I wanna make this clear: I only support the killing of Neutrals in ENEMY factions. Not "Hostile", not "Evil", ENEMY factions. Factions that have us set as enemy and we have them set as enemy. Black names, otherwords.

That, and killing Pax Marrakun neutrals because they kill us all the time.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • ShujaaShujaa Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So I've been inactive for quite a while. Noticed they added a bunch of nifty new Seraph skills 8)

I should play more.

Shujaa on
  • Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Killing neutral members of enemy factions is currently allowed under our rules.

What eagle is proposing is open season on any neutral member of any faction with evil alignment.

Personally, I don't approve. One of the cornerstones of KoA from the very beginning was our respect for the neutrality of others. If a good or neutral character is in an evil faction, we can try to convince them of the error of their ways, we can try to sway them towards goodness, but we *cannot* do so at the edge of a sword, because that makes us no better or more virtuous than the demons themselves, who use violence and intimidation to accomplish their goals.

We are angels. We strive for good ourselves, and we seek to inspire it in others. And we must believe that others can be saved, so long as they have not fallen to evil. John Preston killed 18 angels in his youth, and walked the path of neutrality for long months, but he was redeemed in time, and served as a faithful Knight. Others can learn to do the same. Even if they are adamant in their decision to aid the forces of evil, we must respect their *individual* path in life. If they make the deliberate effort to avoid becoming evil themselves, we must honour their strength of will, and turn the other cheek. That's what we do. We're angels. And honestly, as someone who plays neutral characters, some of whom are in evil factions... if I hid in a building in the Forgotten City one night, and logged in the next morning to find that some self-righteous seraph had killed me, I would curl my lip and think "asshole angels, they're all the same." If, however, I logged in and saw that a seraph had entered the room, seen me, and sent me a message saying something in an RP vein, I'd be impressed. Something along the lines of this: "Your neutrality shields you from my blade, wizard, but I hope my words will strike more deeply. Your path takes you along the very edge of evil, and that is a dangerous road to walk. The demons you work for do not care for you, they seek only to use you. Turn away from them. Embrace your own neutrality and join your fellow unaligneds. Or join us, the angels, and work for peace and order instead of chaos." Something like that would impress the hell out of me, in fact, and would be better roleplaying than any amount of "die, fiend!"

There is a skill that allows angels to kill neutrals without suffering morality penalties. Some claim it is proof that angels should kill neutrals with impunity. I, however, see the opposite. The skill is expensive - 60CP for seraphs and advocates. That's 60CP that could be used on more positive skills, like a clockwork cloud to help seraphs clear out nests of foul wyrm master pets, or a healing aura to allow advocates to help their fellow attackers. So, yes, angels can buy Hand of Zealotry... but if they do so, they cripple their own development, and they mark themselves as narrow-minded creatures who believe in vengeance, not justice. Look at the level 30s with HoZ who slaughter the neutral characters in the vaults. Do either of them do anything at all to promote the cause of goodness? Far from it: they drive people away, and cause dissension within the angelic ranks.

At the moment, our policies in KoA are as follows:

1. Neutral members of *enemy* factions may be attacked at any time.
    2. All other neutrals are to be left alone, unless they attack first.
    3. Only Lightspeakers may buy the Hand of Zealotry skill, because without it, their pets are unable to defend them from neutrals.
    4. All other angels are forbidden to buy HoZ, because it has a very limited use, and there should not be enough valid neutral targets around to justify its purchase with our current rules.

There are two seperate options under consideration for revision. The first deals specifically with members of Pax Marrakun:

a) Neutral members of Pax Marrakun should be considered valid targets, since by the time we wait for them to attack us, we're already dead from charged hits.
    b) Neutral members of Pax Marrakun should be treated the same way as all other neutrals: that is, left alone unless they attack.

The second deals with neutrals in general, and two possibilities have been proposed:

a) *All* neutral members who belong to *any* evil faction should be valid targets.
    b) Only neutral members who belong to factions hostile to us (ie, their names appear in black) should be valid targets.

Depending on people's perspective on these two options, we might need to revise our policy on Hand of Zealotry. For now, though, I'd like to see what people think about the issue of killing neutrals in general, and of killing neutrals from Pax Marrakun in particular.

Kate of Lokys on
    edited December 2006
    There are two seperate options under consideration for revision. The first deals specifically with members of Pax Marrakun:

a) Neutral members of Pax Marrakun should be considered valid targets, since by the time we wait for them to attack us, we're already dead from charged hits.
    b) Neutral members of Pax Marrakun should be treated the same way as all other neutrals: that is, left alone unless they attack.

The second deals with neutrals in general, and two possibilities have been proposed:

a) *All* neutral members who belong to *any* evil faction should be valid targets.
    b) Only neutral members who belong to factions hostile to us (ie, their names appear in black) should be valid targets.
    Bolded for the ideas I support, mainly because the ES's Way of Fire and Nexus Champion's Tat of Balance + Strong/Elite Attack + Critical + Focused Attack can crush even a Divinely Armored Seraph in seconds, and I think this is unfair.

However, if this were to go into effect I feel that the MO requirements still need to be kept as strict as ever. No evils in KoA under any circumstances, and all people strive for Good whenever possible.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
    edited December 2006
    Dear MajorMajor, it is probably a bad idea to poke the zombies. Although your horrible death provided us with a lot of entertainment, it might be wise not to annoy them too much in the future.

Allon on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    We need to put up a sign:

"PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE UNDEAD"

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    man this sounds awesome. I've been around forever but have always never gotten around to actually figuring out what Nexus War is

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It's not like neutral characters don't kill just as many good characters as evil characters do. The only difference is that they put a small degree of planning and forethought into their attacks rather than just going ape-crazy.

Anyone know of a faction besides the RRF that is full of people using Sorceror's Might? All the unaligned factions seem saturated with Myrms.

robosagogo on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    Allon wrote:
    Dear MajorMajor, it is probably a bad idea to poke the zombies. Although your horrible death provided us with a lot of entertainment, it might be wise not to annoy them too much in the future.

I was worried for a moment that he had attacked my ghouls and that they blew a ton of AP on him. *whew*

Aroduc on
  • Gryphon_2Gryphon_2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gryphon_2 on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    Before tonight's festivities of raiding two people:
    beforezu7.th.jpg

After:
    afterji2.th.jpg

And that doesn't even cover the fact that after the first faction was finished, my MO was at -12 from the ghouls slowly feasting on some poor high soak neutral. 8)

Sadly, two of the ghouls died in combat and another 10 ran out of oomph on the flight home. The miniature army of experience gold shall ride again though!

Aroduc on
  • Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I would like to join the Knights and see if I can send a few devils back to the fiery hells.

http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=77787

Minor Second on
    edited December 2006
    Was going to inviterate you, but figured you might want to make a restart first. >_>

Seriously, Dodge as your first skill = bad idea...

Will make it a bit tough to gain sweet, sweet XP in the beginning.
    Suggesting you take one of the combat skills, or one of the XP-granting utility ones. You can always pick up Dodge later, cause it's cheap anyway.

Also, the bastards who keep chalking up our beautiful neighbourhood are going to fucking die or something.

Allon on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    An "ally" from Demons Next Door just ripped my face off. Why are we allied with them? Is that part of the christmasy truce thing?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    An "ally" from Demons Next Door just ripped my face off. Why are we allied with them? Is that part of the christmasy truce thing?

We don't raid each other and we come to each other's defence if we get raided, but we still kill each other in the streets.

Basically, if you see someone who is evil, just go ahead and kill them, even if their faction is allied with us. Make sure you aren't in their stronghold, though, those locations are supposed to be safe while they wait to rebuild.

jothki on
    edited December 2006
    Oh, Nexuswar, what drama won't you spawn? :roll:
    (Unrelated to anything above, unfortunately)

Allon on
    edited December 2006
    Minor Second on
    edited December 2006
    Recomatose wrote:
    Invited! Welcome!

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Allon wrote:
    Oh, Nexuswar, what drama won't you spawn? :roll:
    (Unrelated to anything above, unfortunately)

What is it related to, actually?

jothki on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo on
    edited December 2006
    Done'd.

You know the rules and shit, right?

Allon on
    edited December 2006
    Oh well, it should be mostly in this thread. Drop by IRC if you have questions, or are bored and want to bash some skulls.

Allon on
    edited December 2006
    Can someone PM me the IRC password?

Minor Second on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    Recomatose wrote:
    Can someone PM me the IRC password?

Maybe.

:shifty eyes:

Aroduc on
    edited December 2006
    Done, I think.

Too early. :x

Allon on
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hmm. Mayhap it is time for Kayne to return to the Nexus.

Kane Red Robe on
  • MajorMajorMajorMajor Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    I really shouldn't have attacked that zombie...I guess I was curious

MajorMajor on
    edited December 2006
    Don't worry about it. :)
    Your corpse is now part of our nice little horde of brainmunchers.

Welcome back, Kayne. Good to have you around again.

Allon on
    edited December 2006
    Kayne! Welcome back!

Guys, the group is getting back together, this is awesome. Join us in IRC!

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • StaedtlerStaedtler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    It's not like neutral characters don't kill just as many good characters as evil characters do. The only difference is that they put a small degree of planning and forethought into their attacks rather than just going ape-crazy.

Anyone know of a faction besides the RRF that is full of people using Sorceror's Might? All the unaligned factions seem saturated with Myrms.

The Book Club.

The new leader is... undiplomatic, though.

Staedtler on
    Give me a hug, mofo
  • PrecursorPrecursor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Precursor on
    Quashdom.png
    edited December 2006
    Precursor wrote:
    Thanks for joining! You've been invited. If you need help getting to us, join us in the IRC room. The password wil be sent when you want it.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen