As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A few of my drawings. ^^

akashiakashi Registered User new member
edited December 2006 in Artist's Corner
So yea, hey guys ^^ been lurking here for a while now and finally got round to joining the forum and making a post. I hope I can get some constructive critiscism from you guys, as I don't really have anyone to get a decent one from while i'm not at uni. Anyway, I hope you like atleast a little of my art ^^;;

Not all of it is finished, and the styles vary a little. Oldest to newest in order.

First of all, just a random girl I drew a while ago. Sorry for the quality - I have a really crappy scanner at home :( Tried to fix it up in PS and make it look 'old'.

girl.jpg

Next two are drawings I did of my old guildies' characters in WoW - a while back ^^

loriku-finish.jpg

Humanpriest.jpg

These two were just a random character and his weapons that I created. I later used them in a project at Uni and coloured the character too.

weps.jpg

Thief.jpg

This is yet more WoW fan art (I can hear you sighing >.> lol) that was done for the GF of the original Priests as a bday present. First time using OC

lufinish.jpg

This one is just some random alien dude I did about an hour ago using my brand new Wacom tablet. Got one for christmas \o/

thing.jpg

Well thats all I have for now ^^ I hope you can give me some honest crits. I always welcome it. I apologise for the varying image sizes.

akashi on

• Options
    PootPoot Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The colors in the first one are amazing but the skin tone is bugging the shit outta me. Otherwise great first post, welcome to the forums!

Poot on
  • Options
    ph00lph00l Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Firstly, welcome to the AC.

I noticed you cut off or cover feet in your drawings. This is generally discouraged.

I dig the colors of the second picture. Very MGSish.

ph00l on
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Thanks for the welcome guys ^^ yea I know my feet and hands are a problem. Got any advice other than keep going to life drawing lessons? ;P

akashi on
  • Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    First thing that popped into my mind:
    the eyes on the first one don't follow the curve of the head. the head is round, and the eyes aren't placed straight next to eachother on a horizontal line.

The glow in your last piece was pretty nifty, 'specially for a first timer...

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    Doctor PainDoctor Pain Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    on the first one: the hair looks more like fur, i would match the length of her hairs to the size you want. isntead of making little hairs everywhere.

those weapons look pretty cool but damn to they look heavy. :wink:

Doctor Pain on
    I FUCKING HATE SIGNATURES.
  • Options
    ArisaArisa Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I really dig your WoW pieces, those are nice.

The only advise I can offer, other than life drawing, is to build from the body out, and don't worry so much about detail right now. Just get the anatomy right, and then layer the rest on afterwards.

Arisa on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think the coloring on the alien head is great, particularly the skintone. I'd like to see a full-body version.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Thanks for all your comments guys ^^

Arisa, good idea. I really need to study more anatomy and get a few sketches under my belt >.> problem with me is I tend to start sketching something and it ends up being a full blown piece of work that takes hours.

Not very good at sketching stuff :<

Golden Yak, i'd like to do a full body actually - but I can't really envision what sort of pose it would be in :/ the head seems at an awkward angle and I dunno if i'd be able to draw anything that looks ok :< I'll have a go.

Heres another little drawing I did of some random character a couple of days ago. Again, sorry about the awful scan lines - I really need to invest in a new one >.>

goggledude.jpg

akashi on
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Your anatomy seems abit wonky, especially in the pic where she is sitting down sniffing a rose the face looks weird (anatomy's abitch really, I still havent brushed up on mine)

But damn, I envy your colours and linework, reminds me off the Hellsing series (the artistalso had wonky anatomy, but the final art still rocked.

Kepp up the good work.

JCM on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Thanks man ^^ - Yea I agree about the face, tried about 50 different combinations and that was the best one :/ ah well.

Got a homework assignment to do for Uni in the next couple of weeks (20 pages of life drawing ftl -.-) so i'll post a few of them when im done.

Trying to do the alien dudes body as we speak.

Thanks again for the comments guys, keep the crits coming ^^

akashi on
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I really like the alien. I can just imagine the body as sort of a priest thingy in a long draping robe.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png