As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Phallastar Phallactica - Game Over: Colonial Fleet Wins!

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    I can't speak for the others, but it seemed to me that if we had blown off your move orders we would have started dying off sooner than we did, so we danced to your beat.

Oh, I was certainly suspicious of people that didn't follow orders, which is why until the end I thought Last Son was a thrall of some sort and Burnage was up to no good. But I really didn't follow up on mishandled orders that much, actually. There weren't that many people that didn't follow movement requests, so I didn't really feel like bothering.

I don't think I sent out very many orders on the space battle days, and there was never a day where I told everybody to move, but there were a few days where I told 1/2 to 3/4 of the playerbase to move. Yay for spreadsheets. Yay for players telling me their roles.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »
    So, what would have happened if I were the last survivor? That might have been a weird narration.

I actually thought about that in the beginning. I was thinking along the lines of you setting up some kind of a human zoo on some planet, and starting an endangered species program under the care of the Plutonium models.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Was this random, or did you think "Let's make the always evil guy a double-miller" just to be mean?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    For the record we wanted Trust and Delroland to both die from the start. Which ever didn't bite the vote was getting Martial Law'ed.

You're talking Day 9, right?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    For the record we wanted Trust and Delroland to both die from the start. Which ever didn't bite the vote was getting Martial Law'ed.

Yes. It was in response to the fact that Bliss said the Cylons would have won if it wasn't for the "last-minute" martial law kill on Trust.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Was this random, or did you think "Let's make the always evil guy a double-miller" just to be mean?

Well the seer role and the double miller role went hand in hand, but you got it randomly of course. I did get a chuckle out of it when I saw the RNG results.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Yes. It was in response to the fact that Bliss said the Cylons would have won if it wasn't for the "last-minute" martial law kill on Trust.

Yeah, I kind of expected that, but we were hoping after you seered Trust you wouldn't be thinking "Thrall!" that late in the game.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    We actually never seered Trust.

This was the plan:
    Delroland/Trust were found on Myeye's ship.
    CJ/Psyco were found on Coregoon's ship.

Seer CJ/Vig Psycho
    Vote Delro/Law Trust.

So yes if we Seer'd Trust, it could've been a different game, but bear in mind we were also very suspicious of the Trust Admiral vote.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So
    in contact with coregoon - he says Plutonium is a seer, and that he was seered by him, says plut gave correct info about who he was, Coregoon claims to be a junior scientist, who can get a cylon detector, should the senior scientist die. Also says he's a soilder as generic villager pm

*Smacks coregoon*

"Bad Junior Scientist! No telling random dudes the identity of the seer!"

Plutonium on
  • Options
    ArkasArkas Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Someday I will be networked. Someday.

Good game, though. Sorry I questioned you so many times, azn - you really did do a great job. Thanks for sharing info, too, there at the end. Keep the village involved and all. <3

And awesome job setting up the game, Bliss. The mechanics were really neat - the ships and the nerve gas concepts being my favorite.

Here's hoping Admiral B doesn't have to touch a spreadsheet for a while. Poor guy deserves a break.

Arkas on
  • Options
    OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Damn two humans left. So close.

Thanks to my fellow toasters, you guys were a great team.

I think we could have done a few things different but hindsight is always 20/20 so I'm not complaining too much.

I'm glad I came back to play this one but it looks like I may have the Phalla bug again. Bring on the next one

Osvik on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wow, that came down to the wire. Bravo on that 11th-hour cylon kill-a-thon.

We'll get you next time, humanity!

Thanks Bliss and Hyliabunny, it was a blast.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's weird. I was a mason in two games at the same time.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also:

I got ridiculously lucky. One night I got a 2 charge virus killer that would only kill Cylons. I decided to use it on Osvik just because he was only one on my ship. If he wasn't there or I didn't get that item, it would've been a whole different story.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Good game Bliss, that was a fun one. And my griping aside, the mechanics ended up being pretty balanced, considering the end game result.

delroland on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Also:

I got ridiculously lucky. One night I got a 2 charge virus killer that would only kill Cylons. I decided to use it on Osvik just because he was only one on my ship. If he wasn't there or I didn't get that item, it would've been a whole different story.

I'm pretty certain that came from my corpse...

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ...and I had a plan...

...it didn't work

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also:

If you hadnt used it the plan was for me to do a suicide run during the next battle and take out you and MrBlarney.

Osvik on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well than good thing I killed you with my mine DA :).

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Also:

Heh, if you read our proboard, that kill wasn't a moment too soon.

I'm just curious, what gave the rest of us away? You guys really pulled it together at the end. Or had you known all along, and just wanted to surprise us?

edit: god damnit osvik, the game's over, get out of my mind!

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So
    in contact with coregoon - he says Plutonium is a seer, and that he was seered by him, says plut gave correct info about who he was, Coregoon claims to be a junior scientist, who can get a cylon detector, should the senior scientist die. Also says he's a soilder as generic villager pm

*Smacks coregoon*

I now propose that the name "Shamus" now be replaced with the name "Coregoon".

At least Shamus had a good reason for selling out the network when he did.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also:

I'm just curious, what gave the rest of us away? You guys really pulled it together at the end. Or had you known all along, and just wanted to surprise us?

Great minds think alike and all that

Osvik on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also:

That damn thing

I spent two hours trying to spreadsheet out the possible contagion vectors of that fucking disease to see who all might be carriers or already infected and what their prognosis would be.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also:

Pulled together at the end.

I got you Pollo because I noticed that your voting pattern Day 1 was the same as Osvik, you both voted for Pollo as Admiral than changed to RUD.
    Gumpy I seered because he was getting position votes the day before that.
    PsychoL because he was the last of the survivors.

Than of course the next day I noticed that Coregoon/Myeye's killers were on the same ship. Leading to Trust/Delroland and PsychoC

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    When did you guys catch on to me?

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    My favorite post on the bad guy forum:

Trust wrote:
    There are 25 players left, 8 of whom are us.

17 villagers/specials.

We can make a great deal of impact -
    9 possible kills over the next 3 days from us.
    3 kills to votes.
    2 kills to ML.
    3 kills to Vig
    17 kills in total.

At some point we will have another fleet battle, killing another 2 or 3 hopefully. We're pretty much guarenteed victory here if we stay the course. Can anyone see a way that we can get fraked? They have to hit us with every attack they have left to stand a chance of beating us.

And we did hit you with every attack :).

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Trust wrote:

17 villagers/specials.

3 kills to votes.
    2 kills to ML.
    3 kills to Vig
    17 kills in total.

At some point we will have another fleet battle, killing another 2 or 3 hopefully. We're pretty much guarenteed victory here if we stay the course. Can anyone see a way that we can get fraked? They have to hit us with every attack they have left to stand a chance of beating us.

an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

That...is...Irony!

/Bender

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Trust wrote:

17 villagers/specials.

3 kills to votes.
    2 kills to ML.
    3 kills to Vig
    17 kills in total.

It was actually 5 vig kills, though, since when I inherited the power, it came with two.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I just finished reading through the Cylon proboards. I think my ego's about to burst, haha. Really, iamtheaznman put together most of the information necessary to put together that comeback victory. I just supplied the spreadsheet. One mistake in those last three days, and we would have been doomed.

Great game. It was incredibly intense being in the Admiral's seat the entire time I was able to play. I don't remember if it was mentioned by Bliss, but there were hidden mechanics for the President and Admiral. The Admiral could quarantine one ship per night; no players could move in or out of it. I exercised that privilege only once, I think, when Burnage stepped aboard before the second space battle, so iamtheaznman could hit him with the virus. I probably should've used it again the day of the battle to keep Seriously from moving aboard, but ah well. As for the President his seer result returned the player's role name as well as the special/nonspecial result. That was definitely useful for interrogating seer targets.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Seriously wrote: »
    When did you guys catch on to me?

I think it was after you shot me. (At least that's how it was for me.) I changed my avatar, title, and location in commemoration.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Holy hell not before?

I thought I'd been on The List a while when you "sent" Gumpy after me.

It was my destiny to kill you. This was basically my av-title-location even before I found out I was a cylon.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well we were debating between you and Gumpy to seer on Day 8 and we decided on Gumpy. Might as well have him kill you since you were our off target.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Was fun for as long as it lasted. Knew I should've moved off the Phallactica! D:

Congrats iamtheaznman, and well done.

Sepah on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Congrats to the fleet.

Really sorry for not being of more help. I kind of lost track, and tried to make up for it when I needed to.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CoreGoonCoreGoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So

*Smacks coregoon*

I can honestly say I have almost no clue as to how that happened. o_O

I assumed FrostMist puzzled out the only-seer-on-same-ship thingy and worked it from there. D:

Don't know why he stated that I revealed the seer since names where never mentioned. :|

CoreGoon on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Ah, thorgot, you broke your proboards!

And Plutonium! Why didn't you get in contact with me on Day 2 instead! Fuck you!

As far as RU went, if you had replied to me stating you were a(the) vig, I would've believed you and given you a night to kill somebody.

As far as a lot of specials getting killed off early on, what the hell guys.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    Ah, thorgot, you broke your proboards!

And Plutonium! Why didn't you get in contact with me on Day 2 instead! Fuck you!

As far as RU went, if you had replied to me stating you were a(the) vig, I would've believed you and given you a night to kill somebody.

As far as a lot of specials getting killed off early on, what the hell guys.

Because I got in contact with Blarney?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    but I was an elected seer! It just makes more sense to me.

Obbi on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I had fun acting crazy.

It was good times.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I wasn't playing this game but I just took a peek at the Cylon proboards. Honestly, I think those are the best proboards I've ever seen. Everything is just... perfect. As if it was made by machines.

Locus on