The First Thirty-Ninth Annual Phalla Awards
A long time ago, in a small kingdom off the coast of England called "Phalla" there lived an awards show host. This was no ordinary awards show host. Some might whisper of his magical powers, others might call him a wizard, but the king knew the man was a god. And this god traveled in time blah blah blah one fifth of the village were actually vampires blah blah blah some stuff happened and then the awards show started!
"The first award is a very special one to a lot of us, which is why the teleprompter is telling me to introduce it to you. It is entitled 'The First Thirty-Ninth Annual Phalla Award for the Most Hilarious Single Blunder or Meltdown by a Player or Team in a Single Game
', and it should be fairly self explanatory."
Here, the host stopped for a moment and squinted at the teleprompter.
"I've just been asked if I said goodbye to my wife this morning. Is this some sort of joke? I demand hurglghglhgl."
The magical unordinary immortal vampire god games host toppled over, a magical immortal-slaying vampire-killing god-destroying dart stuck in his neck. The people of Phalla were used to shenanigans like this and therefore unimpressed. They immediately began discussing nominations for the first award.Rules
(Real rules in bold.)
- Vote will close at 10 PM EST every day for a long, long time.
- Vote in lime. Nominate in red. Just don't retract in Lemon Chiffon.
- "Don't be inactive. I require two posts a day, including votes. I will not be culling the inactives on a daily basis, but I will get around to dealing with them eventually. If you can't be around on a given day, letting me know beforehand will increase your chances of avoiding my wrath. If you can't play anymore, let me know so I can find a replacement." (Note: not a real rule.)
- Role PMs may not be quoted, only paraphrased. Anonymous contact is prohibited. (Note: a real rule.)
- Any external boards that are created for the purpose of talking about this game must be posted and mocked.
- This is about roasting and toasting, not flaming and shaming.
- All actions are to be sent to thorgot. Clarification requests should be posted in the thread or PMed to the GM (thorgot). Questions about vote counts should probably be sent to MrBlarney.
- If you received a role PM, you have to participate. If you didn't receive a role PM, you have to participate. If you don't participate, you will regret it!
- I won't be able to come up with 35 narrations on my own, so various people will help me out. If you would like to be one of these people, PM or IM or post in the thread. Please.
- Games that are in progress may not be discussed. The instant a final narration is posted a game is fair game for voting, but until then pretend the current games do not exist.
Everybody who has ever played.Narrator List
- cj iwakura
I currently have 35 awards to give out. If things are going particularly badly or well, I might add awards or skip over the less important awards. I have saved the most important awards for the end. Generally, each week will have the following, plus one extra, in roughly this order:
- Action Vote (Probably a single post or action, or at most several posts.)
- Player or Team Vote (A single player or group of players.)
- Games/Hosts/Rules/Roles (A specific game, narration, host, rule or role.)
- Games/Hosts/Rules/Roles #2 (A specific game, narration, host, rule or role.)
- Saturday: Joke Vote (But the results will be deadly serious. No nominations required.)
- Sunday: Joke Vote (The results may or may not be deadly serious. No nominations required.)
On most days, there will be both !nominations
. Something must be !nominated
at least twice to be a vote option the next day. Keep discussion about what you are nominating to a minimum, to keep the focus on the voting. It is a probably a good idea to post a link to a post or two. If something wasn't nominated, but you really want to vote for it, do a write-in !vote