As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]First Thirty-Ninth Annual Phalla Awards: Game Over (Wraith Victory)

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I really enjoyed the munchkin phalla, that was some serious good times.

I don't think I'm qualified to vote for this, but I will certainly investigate each nominee and put forth my best effort, hurrah!

Marshmallow on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    What was the game where, I think it was Mr. Embarkation and Hakkekage? Where they both accused each other of bein' Mafia, only neither of them were and at the end of the day both of them had to paint their cheeks red and look really dumb for the camera?

Granted that's not a single-player blunder, but I feel like it should be allowed.

That was Ardor and Hakkekage in the game Through the Greatwood. Unforunately, the pictures are no longer there. And I don't have copies of them.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If I could vote twice I'd be voting Green for that Animorphs mess. Was still fun, to be sure, but... wow.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    thorgot wrote: »
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Damn, I got drafted into this.

Um...shit, I really don't know who to vote yet.

But I'm not evil

My role PM called you out as evil actually. Sorry dude.

no it didn't

Hey man, I have a right to paraphrase my own role PM. You can't tell me what it did or didn't say.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Obbi wrote: »
    What was the game where, I think it was Mr. Embarkation and Hakkekage? Where they both accused each other of bein' Mafia, only neither of them were and at the end of the day both of them had to paint their cheeks red and look really dumb for the camera?

Granted that's not a single-player blunder, but I feel like it should be allowed.

That was Ardor and Hakkekage in the game Through the Greatwood. Unforunately, the pictures are no longer there. And I don't have copies of them.

IIIIIIII doooooooo.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

I don't think I'm qualified to vote for this, but I will certainly investigate each nominee and put forth my best effort, hurrah!

Of course you are allowed to participate! Everyone who has ever played a game is allowed.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Of course you are allowed to participate! Everyone who has ever played a game is allowed.
    Not allowed. Required.

Locus on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I would like to nominate !Gumpy from the fresh-in-our-minds Phallastar Phallactica for helping the village turn crushing defeat into epic comeback victory. Supplemental links: Remember that Gumpy is a Cylon (baddie) and thus robotic construct and that two of his allies were on that ship that was gassed. Unrecorded are personal communications between Gumpy and myself and iamtheaznman cluing us in to the nature of the majority of Cylon attack mechanics.

For lack of anything else to come up with right now, I !Second this

Obbi on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This thread is an awesome idea.

I nominate Zot for his day 1 seer antics in Eternal Darkness.

Another good one was FunkyWaltDogg outing himself as a villain in the Phallian Phalla and getting promptly voted out before his two-day invulnerability could activate.

cheez on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hehe, yeah, that was pretty funny.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

But I'm not evil

no it didn't

Hey man, I have a right to paraphrase my own role PM. You can't tell me what it did or didn't say.
    I told you I'm not evil - why do you have to lie? Every one knows that TehSpectre or Rainfall are all ways evil.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited May 2008
    Thorgot told me that I was the anti-mason: A person who has predetermined knowledge of one evil in this phalla. That person was you. It's you that's lying, TT.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited May 2008

But I'm not evil

no it didn't

I told you I'm not evil - why do you have to lie? Every one knows that TehSpectre or Rainfall are all ways evil.

mc3.jpg

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Thorgot told me that I was the anti-mason: A person who has predetermined knowledge of one evil in this phalla. That person was you. It's you that's lying, TT.

Man, all I got was this shitty death mason role.

cheez on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    how about we vote Zot of his awesome phalla, it wasn't really that awesome.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Note: Nominations are not limited to oDaM.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wait wait wait... who ran the Phalla where everyone was a Vig?

That was sweet. And hilarious.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    Wait wait wait... who ran the Phalla where everyone was a Vig?

That was sweet. And hilarious.

That was Zot. Phallawesome was its name.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited May 2008

You're right, it was Phallawesome.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2008

I'm sure there will be plenty of other categories that will be more appropriate for that.

cheez on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay then, how about the villagers in the soviet/communism game where ElJeffe said he was going to kill us all and they still voted him for chairman or whatever the head elected dude was.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I nominate !Squashua for revealing himself as Dr. Venture even though all the baddies were networked.

durax on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I !Nominate Visiblehowl for using his 2 vig kills to knock off 4 innocents to prove himself as a village aligned role, only to be used and abused by Precisionk which resulted in a huge, lopsided win for the bad guy team in [URL="
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=2266288&postcount=1154"]Space Station 13[/URL].

Ardor on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay then, how about the villagers in the soviet/communism game where ElJeffe said he was going to kill us all and they still voted him for chairman or whatever the head elected dude was.

That was pretty sweet.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2008
    durax wrote: »
    I nominate !Squashua for revealing himself as Dr. Venture even though all the baddies were networked.

Oh man, this annoyed me so much.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Guys, I just got my role PM. Who wants to be my first target?

Locus on
  • ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    but I've only really played 3-4 games, so my votes will be pretty limited

Zellpher on
    edited May 2008

That was pretty sweet.

Oh god, my last minute shenannigans that failed to do anything because I used the wrong color. I felt like such a failure.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Ardor wrote: »
    I !Nominate Visiblehowl for using his 2 vig kills to knock off 4 innocents to prove himself as a village aligned role, only to be used and abused by Precisionk which resulted in a huge, lopsided win for the bad guy team in [URL="
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=2266288&postcount=1154"]Space Station 13[/URL].

Hahaha, there it is.

I don't know if I was the single greatest contributor to the baddies' victory in that game, but it sure didn't help. :P

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ardor wrote: »

Hahaha, there it is.

I don't know if I was the single greatest contributor to the baddies' victory in that game, but it sure didn't help. :P

It pales in comparison to other nominations, but the bad guys did successfully use you to control information and the votes for the rest of the game.

EDIT: I mean, we got to get away with this.

Ardor on
    edited May 2008
    Ok, I'm going to come clean: I'm both the seer, and the vig this game; I am: Judge Dredd.

HOWEVER, how did TT know I lied about this? Clearly http://youtube.com/watch?v=q6cyDsuNx_U

Unearthly Stew on
    edited May 2008
    Thorgot, is it a problem that I got 2 role PMs.

Becuase I totally did.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Thorgot, is it a problem that I got 2 role PMs.

Becuase I totally did.

Rinse gently with water and tell me if the problem persists.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That's nothing, I got three invitations and a special role PM as well.

Plutonium on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    thorgot wrote:
    emotpsylonab3.gif

Plutonium on
    edited May 2008
    Whoever sent out those invitations is an idiot.

Plutonium, the rules clearly state you can't quote role PMs!!!!

Alternatively: Plutonium, what gives you the right to post things after you die!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Whoever sent out those invitations is an idiot.

That or evil.

cheez on
    edited May 2008
    No one volunteered. Now I'm going to have to pick someone at random. Or whomever has the most posts in the thread. One or the other.

Locus on
    edited May 2008
    Locus wrote: »
    No one volunteered. Now I'm going to have to pick someone at random. Or whomever has the most posts in the thread. One or the other.

Oh shi-

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The best part about B:L's aura is that it's not too accurate.

My aura is a miller.

Seriously though, VH, Xevo was NOT funny in any sense of the word. He shouldn't recieve the nomination for anything except worst player ever. :|

As for hilarity, I thought the Goltana Knight was a pretty hilarious reveal, but since I'm not voting for myself...

!Robothero for getting killed as a Hellhound controller...by a Hellhound controller in Haunted House phalla. :lol:

Kovak's reveal of every Company guy in the first Heroes phalla was pretty hilarious too, although the forced reboot was interesting to say the least.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat