As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]First Thirty-Ninth Annual Phalla Awards: Game Over (Wraith Victory)

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Last Son wrote: »
    Not arguing that she wasn't batshit crazy, but does that really count as a blunder? I mean other than trusting DA she didn't really screw up.

The award is titled "Most Hilarious Single Blunder or Meltdown by a Player or Team in a Single Game."

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    Holy shit guys what are we doing?

!Retract whoever
    !LADY ERI

<sneaks away from the sleeping baby>

Seriously, !seconded.

I think she was before my time. She went crazy, right?

She was great, and then the train went off the tracks. I used to have her meltdown in my .sig.

It would be a little hard to describe the events leading up to it, but here's the payoff.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, I'd un-nominate the Richy/Shinto thing. He didn't out himself as a cultist, he was a cultist who seered clean. It was pretty smart.

I would, however, nominate Jeffe for giving one of the seers a bad result. :D

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    thorgot wrote: »
    Last Son wrote: »
    Not arguing that she wasn't batshit crazy, but does that really count as a blunder? I mean other than trusting DA she didn't really screw up.

The award is titled "Most Hilarious Single Blunder or Meltdown by a Player or Team in a Single Game."

I see what you did there.

Last Son on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    Lady Eri is the only one who deserves the biggest meltdown award (among others in my opinion), everyone else pales in comparison.

You just have to read it to believe it.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hay guyz I came in late and I didn't read anything after the OP so who we voting for tonight?!?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=42426&highlight=belarus&page=10

Rend vs Valkun. The whole fiasco was pretty hilarious.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, what happens if you retract in lemon chiffon?

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

You die.

IRL

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hmm, that would probably go better if there is an award for feudin'

Zellpher on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

HylianBunny - Eaten by a Grue.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Mac is spot-on.

Obbi on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Rygar wrote: »
    Lady Eri is the only one who deserves the biggest meltdown award (among others in my opinion), everyone else pales in comparison.

I have to agree. For those who weren't around for it, I'll try to provide a little backstory. It's been a while since it happened, so I'm not sure how accurate I'll be.

The Communist Phalla was only her second game. In her first one, the name of which I cannot recall, she made at least a couple accusations that ended up being correct. This led to a number of people, including herself, believing that she was this naturally gifted genius Phalla player. So at the start of the Communist Phalla a lot of people just said "I'll go along with whatever Eri says".

But this time around her accusations weren't quite as accurate. Furthermore, she'd rarely say why she was voting for someone, instead making just a short "!vote for blah" post. When pressed for her reasons, she'd claim to be privy to secret information that, for the safety of the network, only she was allowed to know. To top it all off, people within her network were dropping like flies.

After a few days, some minor mess happened with the moderators and an ambiguous part of the rules, and she exploded and said some nasty things about them and the way they were running things. By this point, she'd succeeded in alienating almost everyone in the game, so the unanimous reaction to her complaints was "fuck you Eri". Her response was to pick up her ball and go home, FOREVER.

Cantide on
  • Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Holy shit guys what are we doing?

!Retract whoever
    !LADY ERI

<sneaks away from the sleeping baby>

Seriously, !seconded.

I think she was before my time. She went crazy, right?

She was great, and then the train went off the tracks. I used to have her meltdown in my .sig.

It would be a little hard to describe the events leading up to it, but here's the payoff.

I remember that sig. Looks like her retirement wasn't even that permanent either.

I retract !The_Lightbringer and vote !LADY ERI

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Cantide wrote: »
    Rygar wrote: »

I have to agree. For those who weren't around for it, I'll try to provide a little backstory. It's been a while since it happened, so I'm not sure how accurate I'll be.

The Communist Phalla was only her second game. In her first one, the name of which I cannot recall, she made at least a couple accusations that ended up being correct. This led to a number of people, including herself, believing that she was this naturally gifted genius Phalla player. So at the start of the Communist Phalla a lot of people just said "I'll go along with whatever Eri says".

But this time around her accusations weren't quite as accurate. Furthermore, she'd rarely say why she was voting for someone, instead making just a short "!vote for blah" post. When pressed for her reasons, she'd claim to be privy to secret information that, for the safety of the network, only she was allowed to know. To top it all off, people within her network were dropping like flies.

After a few days, some minor mess happened with the moderators and an ambiguous part of the rules, and she exploded and said some nasty things about them and the way they were running things. By this point, she'd succeeded in alienating almost everyone in the game, so the unanimous reaction to her complaints was "fuck you Eri". Her response was to pick up her ball and go home, FOREVER.

Seriously, the best part was the expletive-ridden rant she later deleted in favor of the "I quit" post.

It was pretty scary.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    FOREVER.

She's been back here and there for phalla, like a spectre.

Don't knock her ability. I learned quite a few things about phalla from her.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey, somebody from SE++ tell them about how she took pictures of herself and posted them in a thread, each picture showing her with less clothing.

I forget what she wanted, but whatever it was must've been important.

She's actually pretty cute. I should have PMed her to try to get the "final picture". :winky:

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What in tarnation

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    FOREVER.

Oh no, she definitely is very good at rooting out bad guys.

She just happens to be batshit crazy.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I. . .don't know.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey, somebody from SE++ tell them about how she took pictures of herself and posted them in a thread, each picture showing her with less clothing.

I forget what she wanted, but whatever it was must've been important.

She's actually pretty cute. I should have PMed her to try to get the "final picture". :winky:

It was like she was raping us.

or whatever the analogue of rape is when it comes to wanting to look at pictures of girls.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    FOREVER.

Oh no, she definitely is very good at rooting out bad guys.

She just happens to be batshit crazy.

I see what you did there.

And I agree with you about the pictures, but I feel that it crosses the fine line between pretty cute and smoking hot. The way her eyes sparkled with a fierce intelligence, and that shy but oh so beckoning smile that brightens my sky, and the way...

OHGODI'MALADYERIFANBOY

• Options
    edited May 2008
    You would be.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I hate to say it but women are bat shit crazy. And smarter then males. I think there is something linking the two.

But I can only vote for games I've played.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    You would be.

You cut to the quick, sir.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Meltdown, huh? Wouldn't !Drez win that award? The guy got banned for a few weeks over a game. I'd try looking for the angry rants in [chat], but if it isn't in the chat-log then it is probably impossible to find.

Lady Eri is also a good one, but that was from before my time.

--

Also, I haven't been in a phalla in ages, after I found more joy in 3D games. I don't think I'll be very active in this one, cause I found a 16hrs/week job to do next to my ~40hrs/week uni.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    I, Zot, hereby nominate Zot for phallawesome

in every category

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    In a more serious note, I nominate Xevo for being an absolute idiot in PhalLOST

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    To be fair to Lady Eri, from her perspective it was rather inexplicable how everyone in the network kept dying.

I have to admit though, as a bady guy her reaction was rather entertaining.

Smasher on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay then, how about the villagers in the soviet/communism game where ElJeffe said he was going to kill us all and they still voted him for chairman or whatever the head elected dude was.

That was pretty sweet.

Oh god, my last minute shenannigans that failed to do anything because I used the wrong color. I felt like such a failure.

Oh, that's what you meant to do when you voted for me? Suddenly that makes a lot more sense.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Meltdown, huh? Wouldn't !Drez win that award? The guy got banned for a few weeks over a game. I'd try looking for the angry rants in [chat], but if it isn't in the chat-log then it is probably impossible to find.
    Yeah, but he was right.

tuxkamen on

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, but he was right.

Right or wrong is besides the point, really. Getting yourself banned over phalla scores a 10/10 on the meltdown scale.

Aldo on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, those two (Drez and Eri) seem neck and neck for the meltdown... I really don't know, though, how I should vote.

Anyone have a count??

LaOs on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I would like to nominate !Gumpy from the fresh-in-our-minds Phallastar Phallactica for helping the village turn crushing defeat into epic comeback victory. Supplemental link: and that two of his allies were on that ship that was gassed. Unrecorded are personal communications between Gumpy and myself and iamtheaznman cluing us in to the nature of the majority of Cylon attack mechanics.

But the cylons are Robots

and it is gas

Did no good guys seriously come to that conclusion on their own?

Gumpy on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It appears I'm late to the party. Meltdowns and blunders you say?

Obviously, Xevo comes to mind, mainly because of his loss of all semblance of logic after Zot and I were playing tug-of-war with him, especially towards the end. But this is a matter that must be given solid consideration.

Hmmm....

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, but he was right.

Right or wrong is besides the point, really. Getting yourself banned over phalla scores a 10/10 on the meltdown scale.

I firmly believe that righteous anger should cap out at 9.

tuxkamen on

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'M THIRSTY

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Smasher wrote: »
    Okay then, how about the villagers in the soviet/communism game where ElJeffe said he was going to kill us all and they still voted him for chairman or whatever the head elected dude was.

That was pretty sweet.

Oh god, my last minute shenannigans that failed to do anything because I used the wrong color. I felt like such a failure.

Oh, that's what you meant to do when you voted for me? Suddenly that makes a lot more sense.

The game would have continued another day had I not been an idiot.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I thought when Drez got banned he asked for it though?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Drez is pretty much that way all the time. I think in that case, Phalla just happened to be the subject that set him off. If it hadn't been that, it probably would have been something else further down the line.

He's mellowed out a bit since then, though.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png