As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]First Thirty-Ninth Annual Phalla Awards: Game Over (Wraith Victory)

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I also got multiple PMs, I think that's the norm, getting triply-drafted?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Infidel wrote: »
    I also got multiple PMs, I think that's the norm, getting triply-drafted?
    It comes with the territory.

You know, being the pretties princess and all?

Aldo on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Infidel wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    delroland wrote: »
    I nominate the entire !Transformers PHALLA for having the worst player networks ever leading to not just one dramatic turn around, but three.

Edit: as far as my vote goes, it's going to be a tough call between WWI James and the Phallout carebears.
    Except that the Decepticons had an awesome "true" network that lead the team to victory.

Lead by Mixmaster, of course.

Yeah, the Decepticons were doing great behind the scenes, most of it occured in my PM box. God that was a tedious game, but fun still. Getting caught between B:L and Squashua fire was fun let me tell you. D:

Vote Megatron.

I was doing pretty good before the whole Autobot network thing. On the first day I contacted Squashua and cj iwakura because I had no powers and figured I should live dangerously. Sure Squashua was a Decepticon, but he straight up told me that, cj turned out to be the seer and we both managed to ride out the rest of the game.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, if I hadn't already made a nomination, I'd have seconded the "Do-nothings in Phallout". Fortunately, someone else did. Wow, that was bad.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Green wrote: »
    I !retract my nomination for Zot in the Eternal Darkness Phalla

Instead, I nominate !Zot for the Secret Phalla where he practically handed the Archon team into Teserack hands
    !second. Or !nominate Zot, however I'm supposed to do it.

Although, really, that game was as much my fault as anyone else's. I failed to make good recruitment choices.

Buzz Buzz on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Buss Buss is here!

Now the party starts.

Oats on
    edited May 2008
    Was I demoted again? I thought I was still at least Butt Butt.

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2008
    You didn't hear?

Oats on
    edited May 2008
    Oh...

Oh god...

Oats on
    edited May 2008
    For those of you not familiar with the Secret Phalla and Zot's screwup, I'll post a little summary, as I remember it.

I was the head of the Archons, ChicoBlue was the head of the Teseracks. Zot and...was it Plutonium, can't recall...were my first two recruits, while I'm pretty sure Green was one of ChicoBlue's first. We tried to recruit Green at some point. While Zot was talking to Green to try and convince him to join us (which wasn't going to happen, since switching sides wasn't possible, at least with the powers we saw), he dropped my name as leader of the Archons. I died shortly afterwards.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    delroland wrote: »
    I nominate the entire !Transformers PHALLA for having the worst player networks ever leading to not just one dramatic turn around, but three.

Edit: as far as my vote goes, it's going to be a tough call between WWI James and the Phallout carebears.
    Except that the Decepticons had an awesome "true" network that lead the team to victory.

Lead by Mixmaster, of course.

Are you forgetting that it was Starscream that lead the Decepticons to victory? Because I did win that one for the Decepticons and myself.

starscreamov7.jpg

BTW - how did I not die in that game even thought I was so asking for it?

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Because the Autobutts were saturated with juicy targets to kill, that's why. They ran out of bullets in their mad endgame killing spree, and you were left standing.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Transformers Phalla gave me such a headache.

Shamus on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My fake Unicron reveal in Transformers was hilarious solely for the number of people who believed me and sent PMs declaring their alleigance to me.

But God, that phalla as a whole was not the greatest. Splitting the two teams 50/50 might have worked out okay if Lightbringer hadn't got it in the neck.

Burnage on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I am Bluestreak.

durax on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Transformers Phalla?

1 person died in the night!
    2 people died in the night!
    1 person died in the night!
    5 people were brought back to life!

Gumpy on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, doing nothing on the second-to-last day in Phallout was not stupid. Assuming one survived, you could see which win condition was more likely on the second day and go for that one. I seriously doubt that I, a ghoul with a knife, would have a serious effect on the outcome of the battle anyway.

If you ask me the silly thing was all the people abandoning all of us in favor of some fake people, but I know some people get defensive about that, so whatever.

Actually, when I think about it, lots of people made decisions in that phalla that lots of other people didn't agree with. Honestly I think it's better to just stay away from that phalla altogether.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited May 2008
    If you ask me the silly thing was all the people abandoning all of us in favor of some fake people, but I know some people get defensive about that, so whatever.

Oh god

The Robots

They have morals

Gumpy on
    edited May 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »

Oh god

The Robots

They have morals
    Beep boop blorp

Oats on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, doing nothing on the second-to-last day in Phallout was not stupid.

Doing nothing on the last day, however, was.

Burnage on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Burnage wrote: »
    Man, doing nothing on the second-to-last day in Phallout was not stupid.

Doing nothing on the last day, however, was.

Depends on your motivation. If your motivation was "I just can't bear to contribute to the slaughter of fake people, but I don't want to turn on my teammates either" then it's no worse than the people who defended the Vault because they sympathized with fake people.

But like I said, people made all kinds of decisions in that game that lots of other people disagreed with. I think it's best to avoid the whole phalla altogether for this category.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited May 2008
    No one can say it was not amazing

and from what I know of Fallout

Just like fallout

Gumpy on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I have to disagree. If you didn't do anything the last 2 days of Phallout you hurt every one. The goal was to get into a vault, the final choice was get in to the vault by killing your friends or the people living there. You had to make a choice to get the win - if you didn't you boned every one else.

Those people are the care-bears that should get the award, I love every one and will loose to make sure every one gets a hug.

Toxic Toys on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I figured that I had the best chance of surviving if I helped the people with 4 minigun turrets or whatever.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I decided murderin' kids was the best option in Phallout. It summed up my dissastification with everyone else.

Shamus on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    For those of you not familiar with the Secret Phalla and Zot's screwup, I'll post a little summary, as I remember it.

I was the head of the Archons, ChicoBlue was the head of the Teseracks. Zot and...was it Plutonium, can't recall...were my first two recruits, while I'm pretty sure Green was one of ChicoBlue's first. We tried to recruit Green at some point. While Zot was talking to Green to try and convince him to join us (which wasn't going to happen, since switching sides wasn't possible, at least with the powers we saw), he dropped my name as leader of the Archons. I died shortly afterwards.

YOU AM FORGETTING ONE THING

At the very start of it, when me delivered the PM, me had no idea what it was

so me tell Green about it, even copy and pasting this PM from him asking why the fuck it was

3 days earlier me not alive yet so me don't assume Green is not one of the friends

me tell him me not going to say the name of our leader, but it slips in just once

me didn't even not notice it had slipped out

me was just being illogical when me contacted Green

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't remember what I did on the last day of Phallout, I do however, remember that Buzz Buzz gunned me down.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I figured that I had the best chance of surviving if I helped the people with 4 minigun turrets or whatever.

Did you attempt to kill other players in order to side with the vault's citizens? If yes then you aren't whom they are talking about, if no then you didn't really help them anyway.
    Shamus wrote: »
    I decided murderin' kids was the best option in Phallout. It summed up my dissastification with everyone else.

Hi5!

Last Son on
    edited May 2008
    Shamus wrote: »
    Hi5!

Screw the kids, I wanted the win and the in. I took that path as died by it.

Toxic Toys on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Eh... I still count that one as a win. The caravan didn't make it into the vault because there were two people too many. Had it been clear that "no vote" == "keep doNothing's alive" We would have won easily, no matter which choice was made.

durax on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'll catch up on this later, but I'll !vote Grundlterror for almost getting the whole village to vote out the seer (Digger Dude) on day 1 of CJ's Vampire phalla. It was so rediculous, I had thought there would be only one seer, not one seer per faction (IIRC) so I called on the village to kill him minutes before vote close... and then I think I got them to switch back so they didn't kill them.

Also, my letting the Giovanni (shamus) onto the network was pretty fucking crazy as well.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, If you ask me the silly thing was all the people abandoning all of us in favor of some fake people, but I know some people get defensive about that, so whatever.

In a way what I did was just as silly and idealistic, in the face of what I knew was going to happen. I knew everyone was going to fucking turn. I was better equipped than half of them (I had power armor and a mess of stimpacks) I'm sure I would have survived if I had turned also.

But I fought

for the dream

of a more inclusive win condition

:cry:

AND I REGRET NOTHING

Seriously on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've never been able to say no to flowery invitations.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Basically Phallout is the war in Iraq.

Seriously on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Seriously wrote: »
    Basically Phallout is the war in Iraq.

mission_accomplished.jpg

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

At the very start of it, when me delivered the PM, I had no idea what it was

so me tell Green about it, even copy and pasting this PM from him asking why the fuck it was

3 days earlier me not alive yet so me don't assume Green is not one of the friends

me tell him me not going to say the name of our leader, but it slips in just once

Sorry, we don't understand Bizarro-speak.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited May 2008

At the very start of it, when me delivered the PM, me had no idea what it was

Ah, yes, I suppose you do have a point. Still, drunkenly telling him my name... *shakes fist*

As I said though, I sucked at choosing other people to recruit that game. I was probably in an apathetic period at that point, so I didn't put as much thought into my actions as I should have, as the noble leader of the Archons.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    me had no phalla experience then

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    me had no phalla experience then
    English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

Aldo on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh shit, I've been drafted... ok.

!Romantic Undead for being the sexiest lover ever in Battle Royale 1

I know I got here late, but <3 ya scrotum. In turn, I shall nominate Shorn Scrotum Man for most dastardly double-cross in the Shape Phalla from a while back, though I must admit that double-cross would have been even dastardlier if you had actually not also screwed yourself over with it. :P

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531