As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stupid shit people do with their kids

1111213141517»

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wait.

Hold the fucking phone.

The Dutch have a navy?

they're coastal

why wouldn't they

Because they've got a shitty country. Who would attack the dutch? I mean seriously.

All they're good for is... a lot of stuff Germany does better.

Oh, and they also from time to time poke the hornet's nest of Islam with a Muhammad cartoon.

I mean, hell, if Farside is to be believed they made a penguin an officer. My list of "reasons the dutch deserve a navy" is coming up short.

1. That was the Danes.

2. Yes, it was there fault. Not the people who would threaten to behead a cartoonist for making a cartoon they don't like.
    I see you do not get sarcasm

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    who here has honestly not threatened to behead a cartoonist once or twice in their lifetime

satansfingers on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It doesn't carry over through text very well.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    who here has honestly not threatened to behead a cartoonist once or twice in their lifetime

buckley etc...

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    i woke up, and there is lotion next to my computer

i think someone is planting evidence

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    PiptheFair wrote: »

buckley etc...

buckley.png

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008

buckley etc...

buckley.png

you're a beautiful man

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    KingAgamemnonKingAgamemnon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Projeck wrote: »
    i woke up, and there is lotion next to my computer

i think someone is planting evidence

it was your junk

he's taken your abuse lone enough

he's been a readin' and gots all these fancy new ideas

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Projeck doesn't need lotion to diddle her pooter.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    buttface

Projeck on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

buckley etc...

buckley.png

Laughed so fucking hard at this.

Oh my god my face feels hot to the touch it was so red.

:^: :^: ::^:

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well, I try.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    No Projeck, you're just a heavy sleeper.

Just let that sink in a little bit.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Apparently a lot of the things my parents, especially my father, taught me and the way in which they taught me these things count as "abuse" these days.

Example:
    I was 3. I liked to play with lighters. This was stupid, and dangerous. It was innocent, really. They were colorful and fire looked pretty. So I kept swiping my parents' lighters and playing with them, and when they kept taking them from me, I started hiding to play with them.
    This is stupidly motherfucking dangerous, of course, it means when I finally get the actual lighter to work I'll be in a closet or something and burn the whole house down. Plus I had no concept that fire was bad or could hurt anyone.

My grandfather suggested to my parents that I simply needed "a good crack on the ass" (hitting was his solution to most problems with children) but my parents were very much against that idea. My mother didn't want to ever have to hit her children, and my father (rightly) understood that would just make me fear getting caught instead of making me stop doing it, I'd just get sneakier.

So, instead, one day my father takes one of those Bic lighters and, with me out of sight, lights it and turns it upside down so the metal tip of it heats up to motherfucking hot. He then leaves it on the kitchen table, and goes to start cooking.

I enter the kitchen a little bit later, and I see an unattended pretty blue lighter on the table. I reach for it, and my dad sees me and is like "No. Don't touch that. It is hot."

I look at him, watch to see if he's gonna stop me, and then try to grab it anyway.

I burn my hand. For the first time in my tiny life, I experience the fucking pain of burning. Naturally, being a new and unexpected pain, it is the most painful thing ever and I scream and cry. My father scoops me up, checks the burn (it's extremely minor), runs it under water, calms me down.

He picks up the lighter, shows it to me and says "See? Hot! Don't touch!"

He then walks over to the stove and shows me the orange burner "This is hot. Do you want to touch it?"
    I am like no way!

So he puts me down and says "So, when we tell you it is hot, do not touch it, okay?" and I said okay.

The fact that I have vivid memories of this event when I was 3 years old means it was a pretty effective lesson, I'd say.

But apparently, some people see that as abusive parenting.

On my first day of grade one (I had moved to a new school), my dad drove me to school. Just before I got out of the car, he leans in close to me and says in a very low tone "If I ever catch you smoking, I'll disown you."

I never started smoking. I guess it worked. lol

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    knowing how to say hamburguesa, cerveza and baño does not mean you can talk about them

"DONDE ESTA FUCKING BANO."

YO QUIERO UNA CERVEZA DICKWEED

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wait.

Hold the fucking phone.

The Dutch have a navy?

they're coastal

why wouldn't they

Because they've got a shitty country. Who would attack the dutch? I mean seriously.

Oh, and they also from time to time poke the hornet's nest of Islam with a Muhammad cartoon.

I mean, hell, if Farside is to be believed they made a penguin an officer. My list of "reasons the dutch deserve a navy" is coming up short.

The Dutch are the foremost innovators in water-related technology. We had god damn fucking better be, since half the fucking country is situated below sea level.

But yeah, if you need antyhign big having to do with water built, like a series of canals or fancy sluice gates or a way to stop Venice from sinking, you come to the Dutch. We build shit to last, motherfucker.

Also we've got it pretty good as far as human rights go here. Much better than in America, for instance.

We've also been renowned explorers and traders in centuries past, and we helped lay the foundations of today's economy.

We've also got the second-busiest port in the world, that being Rotterdam. Shanghai is the busiest now, but Rotterdam is still the busiest in Europe.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This could be Rotterdam or anywhere
    Liverpool or Rome
    'Cause Rotterdam is anywhere
    I am so sorry

Janson on
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    oh dear me

Prolegomena on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Wait.

Hold the fucking phone.

The Dutch have a navy?

they're coastal

why wouldn't they

The Dutch are the foremost innovators in water-related technology. We had god damn fucking better be, since half the fucking country is situated below sea level.

But yeah, if you need antyhign big having to do with water built, like a series of canals or fancy sluice gates or a way to stop Venice from sinking, you come to the Dutch. We build shit to last, motherfucker.

Also we've got it pretty good as far as human rights go here. Much better than in America, for instance.

We've also been renowned explorers and traders in centuries past, and we helped lay the foundations of today's economy.

We've also got the second-busiest port in the world, that being Rotterdam. Shanghai is the busiest now, but Rotterdam is still the busiest in Europe.

faggots and women don't matter so we still win

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    l'autobus?

That's french

It's also italian. I've been taking the class since september, I don't see why people complain so much about it, it's easy (especially if you speak spanish, which many of the failing students in the class do).

I intend to take a second language next year, it'll either be Japanese or Cambodian.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Autobus is also Spanish for bus

Me Too! on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    l'autobus?

That's french

It's also italian. I've been taking the class since september, I don't see why people complain so much about it, it's easy (especially if you speak spanish, which many of the failing students in the class do).

I intend to take a second language next year, it'll either be Japanese or Cambodian.

your school teaches khmer?

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Huh

I had no idea

We don't even have a spanish class at my school

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    l'autobus?

That's french

your school teaches khmer?

As of now there is only Italian and Spanish. Next year they are bringing in Japanese. The year after, French, Latin, and German.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    so you would be taking classes for cambodian outside of school?

edit: I'm sort of curious why you would want to be learning khmer

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    No I just got confused at to wether it would be Japanese or Cambodian.

Muse Among Men on