As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone else less than impressed with the...

SuperFlyTNTSuperFlyTNT Registered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
event? I didnt think it was all that great to be honest. Oh well.

"Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
-Helem Boesch-
SuperFlyTNT on

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    This is the first PAX. There will be another one next year, bigger and better. And it'll keep getting better.

Maybe you had different expectations but I thought it was fun. Remember that this isn't really a corporation event even if it was sponsored by a bunch of corporations. It's really an extension of the Penny Arcade family and it's more about game play than showing off new cool stuff like E3. Keep those expectations in mind.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    I know I kinda am, I barely saw Mike and Jerry. Why do they close the exhibition areas so early? Also they need a bigger place to hold it, especially for the console and PC gaming areas, no room for spectators.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Kato_ArabelKato_Arabel Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Are you dumber than two bags of bricks? This is just my first event. And it has gone beyond my expectations. I'm actually typing this on my dinky sidekick mobile (the same kind Tycho has, coincidentially enough), and he was shorter than me, though he was easy to spot at most times.

Fable was good looking, but seeing NCSoft at the event made my gut wrench at the thought of their terrible customer service in Lineage 2.

on top of that, I met a lot of PA forum junkies.

Kato_Arabel on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Also they need a bigger place to hold it, especially for the console and PC gaming areas, no room for spectators.

According to the program guide, next year they intend to use more space in the center.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    pndmnmpndmnm Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I thought it was alright, but it'll be great once it's set up for the number of people attending. Definitely bringing my own box next year, though. It would be nice to have a home base to return to.

pndmnm on
    "that psycho with the zapper, controller, and Power Glove."
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2004
    i had uit a bt iof fih already tghis is super fun actly

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    JaytanJaytan Registered User new member
    edited August 2004
    I agree with the orginal posted. The event was fun, but there was a decided lack of gaming. The console room had no space to watch, and no one could play if they weren't in a tournament till way too late at night. The PC room didn't have enough computers to support more than 1-2 games (of an fps, obviously more could play WC3), and no internet connection to play on an outside server.

Jaytan on
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2004
    whine whine whne

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    lokimantislokimantis Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Bullshizzle...

We went there (pre-registered) hoping to check out the minibosses... they fucked up the band venue... I'm thoroughly pissed....

Granted its the first expo for the folks but shit dood... fucking up a music venue in seattle is like fucking up the konami code...

argh......

Thanks for ruining 2 years of waiting to see these fellas....

In the meantime...I hope they post some videos....

I preregistered....they came up with the music session bullshit while most people were at dinner... I sat there listening to Jerry speaking to a little kid on how everything started.... while in the back of my mind I was ready to frag his ass...

I pre-registered... didn't get my bag of goodies... didn't get to enter the soul cal tourney... and didn't get to see the band I've been waiting to see for years.....

I'm a little bit miffed at this point...the muffings gone to the way side....

but as I said before... PAX 1 - learning ..... hopefully they'll be able to handle the crowds next round (gat damn u farks... u should've known you were so fucking popular... (*tosses a rocket up tycho/gabes ass)) ...

Word to your mothers.... and to those of you that missed the expo... uh... shux for you...

In the worst case scenario of the event...I saw some hella cool tshirts.... (I went to the Pax....and didn't even get a lousy t-shirt)...

grr....

word...

£0kì/\/\ån7ì§ - http://www.karmalawchance.com

On a lighter note... the red vs. blue forum was sweet..

lokimantis on
    £0kì/\/\ån7ì§ :
    As long as I don't do, what I'm planning on doing, everything will work out perfectly.
  • Options
    RedBeastMageRedBeastMage Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Wow....you guys are a bunch of fucking whiny bitches. I think the event went off nicely. Yea, there are some things wrong, like the theatre not being big enough to accomodate the number of people. But you know what, they didn't expect to have this many people, over 2000.

Two years? Fuck you. This event has only been planned for about 6-8 months, your full of shit. And if you really wanted to see them, you could have watched on one of the tvs on the main floor that were showing the show live. Or you could have bought a ticket off someone. I payed 10 for mine and other people payed more. If you really wanted to see them, you could have. But your just a whining bitch.

Sorry for the anger here, but I think these guys did a great job. They never ran a convention before, and considering that its way bigger then they expected, give them some fucking credit. "OH, i couldn't see the minibosses....booo, i couldn;t get freeplay on a console, booo, the Q&A is fulll, Oh no, the line to play halo 2 is 1000 people long(because its gonna happen)." You all suck for whining like little shits. I flew out here from new fucking jersey, im paying for my own hotel, and im a college student on a small budget. I spent my whole summer savings on this trip, and i couldn't be happier.

So all of you, quit your bitching.

RedBeastMage on
    I swear, I'm retiring from any game with the word 'Revolution" in the title. I must be the only person who breathed a sigh of relief at not being called for the Omegathon this year.
  • Options
    PhoticsPhotics Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I haven't posted here in a while. I have been lurking for quite a while though. I was wondering if PAX was a good event. I particularly interested in this because my pals from ArenaNet are there. It seems the thread was split evenly down the middle. Some said the event reached their expectations, yet it didn't for others.

Heh... but "RedBeastMage" settled that debate! :D

It's a serious undertaking to get from Jersey to Washington. If someone from Jersey says the Penny Arcade guys did a great job, I believe it! I mean really... they did get more people than expected. This is a tremendous first showing for PAX. So as long as you weren't expecting a second E3, I don't see where the problem is.

Photics on
    Michael Garofalo - App Developer and author of [URL="http://photics.com/books/gamesalad-textbook]The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook[/URL]
  • Options
    pndmnmpndmnm Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Heh, glad to see you got a ticket, RedBeastMage. (You being a 'naut and all. I was one of the people who wouldn't sell you mine.)

pndmnm on
    "that psycho with the zapper, controller, and Power Glove."
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    The number of resources (consoles, PCs, square feet of carpet space) were way too low for the number of attendees, but it was still a good time.

The resource shortage was disappointing, but at least the entrance fee was so cheap that you don't feel ripped off. :)

Hopefully they'll learn from this experience. Multiply everything (except the number of attendees) by, say, 3 times and this could be a great recurring event.

In future years as we're all sitting around playing games we'll laugh about how we all spent the first PAX jocking for a view of someone else playing.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Wow....you guys are a bunch of fucking whiny bitches. I think the event went off nicely. Yea, there are some things wrong, like the theatre not being big enough to accomodate the number of people. But you know what, they didn't expect to have this many people, over 2000.

Two years? Fuck you. This event has only been planned for about 6-8 months, your full of shit. And if you really wanted to see them, you could have watched on one of the tvs on the main floor that were showing the show live. Or you could have bought a ticket off someone. I payed 10 for mine and other people payed more. If you really wanted to see them, you could have. But your just a whining bitch.

Sorry for the anger here, but I think these guys did a great job. They never ran a convention before, and considering that its way bigger then they expected, give them some fucking credit. "OH, i couldn't see the minibosses....booo, i couldn;t get freeplay on a console, booo, the Q&A is fulll, Oh no, the line to play halo 2 is 1000 people long(because its gonna happen)." You all suck for whining like little shits. I flew out here from new fucking jersey, im paying for my own hotel, and im a college student on a small budget. I spent my whole summer savings on this trip, and i couldn't be happier.

So all of you, quit your bitching.

:lol: Anger much? Anyway It wasnt a bad event all in all, I just thought it would be different. This thread is for constructive crtisizm not bitching about what you did or did not get to do, and its not for you to come in here and bitch about how were all a bunch of l337tis ass holes for pointing out things we didnt like about PAX. Oh and of course your gonna be impressed your from Jersey.

SuperFlyTNT on
    "Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
    -Helem Boesch-
  • Options
    Anubis09Anubis09 Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    No we're impressed coming from NJ because we know how hard it is to organize something likes this and have it go over well...even alittle bit. Not because the west coast has E3 and we never get to go so we don't know how "Great" those are. ;) We're also impressed because having that many people in one place and no fights/shadiness/bad vibe is something that doesnt happen often around here :P Plus we're impressed because we just know how to have a good time when other people aren't. :D I personally wanted to go so i could meet a bunch of coolass people, maybe play some games and just make it a social thing and have fun, but obviously people forgot what its like to do that when you play too many games and become to l33t a h4><or ;) so in closing ninjas and pirates are natural enemies.

Anubis09 on
    "We never discuss the positive or negative cultural aspects the distinctive type of music has on todays youth or the sexual intricacies of deep bass rythms as accompanies by strong guitar accords" - N_O
    WetbackMcMoneyfingers. Or a Mexi-Jew. - awesome!
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Two years? Fuck you. This event has only been planned for about 6-8 months, your full of shit. And if you really wanted to see them, you could have watched on one of the tvs on the main floor that were showing the show live.

Watch them on the tv's? You don't get out to see bands often do you? Anyways, I dug the event... I was just bummed I didn't get a chance to see what I came there to see.
    Ghazgkull wrote:
    The number of resources (consoles, PCs, square feet of carpet space) were way too low for the number of attendees, but it was still a good time.

The resource shortage was disappointing, but at least the entrance fee was so cheap that you don't feel ripped off. :)

Hopefully they'll learn from this experience. Multiply everything (except the number of attendees) by, say, 3 times and this could be a great recurring event.

In future years as we're all sitting around playing games we'll laugh about how we all spent the first PAX jocking for a view of someone else playing.

There's absolutely no reason why this shouldn't become a recurring event. As others have pointed out in the thread..they didn't expect the numbers they received.
    When I showed up at registration and asked for my bag of goodies, dood behind the counter said "we're out" then looked over at another dood behind the counter "we're out? we filled 2000 of those things..how could we be out... wait...that must mean over 2000 people showed up" with a stunned look on his face. So I pretty much gathered from that, that there were going to be some "line" rides, and events missed. All in all it was pretty kewl... definately blew the socks off of the IVGF tourney.

Next year they'll just have to hold it at Seahawk Stadium. :)

Speaking of IVGF... does anyone know if IVGF actually paid out their winners? I went to check out who won (which seemed to be like a week later) and their site was down :D

lokimantis on
    £0kì/\/\ån7ì§ :
    As long as I don't do, what I'm planning on doing, everything will work out perfectly.
  • Options
    tristamtristam Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I had tons of fun but there were way too many people there. I didnt get to play very much until 2am, and didnt get into a single theatre event. Oh well, it was still worth the price. Next year they should try and make it bigger and more open, probly less tabletop games cause they were never full. Ill be back, thats for sure.

tristam on
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I had a total blast, thanks a ton to Gabe and Tycho for putting it on, it was incredible. The exhibition hall was awesome, I loved getting to play all the unreleased games, and I had a lot of fun at the CS tourny, and the RvB showing and the PA Q&A (the second one, JESUS IS FUCKING METAL!). Also, when I playing Halo 2, I was the one on the big screen everywhere, plus I kicked ass, taking down two warthogs and two ghosts with the rocket launcher, plus making a flag cap. I was pretty dissapointed about missing the Minibosses, but I was glad to be there, and I'm looking forward to the next PAX! One thing that might be good at the next PAX tho is to have a bunch of arcade machines, like how the DDR machine was out htere on free play. It's just something to do when waiting for your your tourney to start.

PAX Ruled!

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    BentunitBentunit Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Ya i thought the think was fucking horrible. Don't get me wrong, playing Fable, Conker, mechassault, DDR and the rest of the stuff was awsome but it was the big things that they did wrong. All we had planned to do Sat night was attend the concert but when we showed up at 7 (an hour early) it was sold out, now were were confused by this because we paid $$ for the PAX ticket which included the concert. So we thought what the hell this is gay but at least we can play Halo 2 tomorrow. We stayed at the center until 3 am, thinking we might get a head start on the Halo 2 line, when one of the "ENFORCERS" explained to us that we dont need to worry and just to show up at around 2pm because there would be a line on a first come first serve basis. Much to our suprise when we arrived at 11am (3hrs prior) it was sold out, again playing halo 2 was part of the ticket we paid for!!! We ended up paying an additional $20 a piece for Halo 2 tickets. We also really wanted to bring our own PC's but were assured that all the spots were full in the BYOC and there would be no room, WTF not even 1/3 of that room was ever full. And most of the staff were fucking rude as hell, they offered no help and usually made us feel unwanted, I am talking about the ENFORCERS, not the execubition staff.Another thing that was disorganized was the tournaments, half the time the console and LAN rooms were full wil tournaments leaving nothing to do for those were not entering a tournament. Needless to say the event was FUCKING GAY!!!! poor organization and lack of help and politness from employes/volenteers was the main downfall, Gabe and Tyco I hope you are reading this so you can try to improve the event next year.

Bentunit on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Here's an idea.

You people that didn't like it? How about you stop being giant fucking cockbites and give constructive suggestions instead of saying "omg it wuz ghey."

For example: I would suggest that there be more free play time on the consoles, or have a seperate console room that isn't used for tournament play at all. That way, people can bring their own games/systems and play with a bunch of friends or random strangers during the middle of the day and not have to wait for late at night.

Have you ever tried to organize an event? Shit, son, it's hard fucking work.

If it really pissed you off so much, do us all a favor and stay home next year.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    The only thing that I was slightly disappointed with was the Omegathon. I pictured a HUGGGEEE event with confetti and streamers and it wouldn't be possible to miss it!

But yeah, I didn't even watch any of the rounds (except Diceland when I wasn't playing DDR Extreme....with my binoculars from the 4th floor).

However, twas an amazing experience.

Oh! And I remember that we couldn't hook up our PS2 in our room at Doubletree. But that's not really anybody's fault here.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    DrakenulDrakenul Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I liked it all. I got to meet Jerry and his mom during the first round of the Omegathon, after being three people ahead in line of Jerry and Mike at the theater to see Hero (didn't go to the same showing, my group had to wait for someone who got delayed) on Friday. And during the Pitch Your Game Ideas panel, I sat two seat directly ahead of Mike, and got to have a mini-conversation with him. They're both cool guys, and although the event could've used more space (and better predictions of the number of attendees), it was pretty cool. Watching the Halo 2 games makes me want to skip ahead to November so I can get it, come back in time and taunt everyone, and I now have to reserve Conker for the multiplayer when I get home. All in all, I'm glad I came here, and I can't wait for next year, so much so that I'm going to volunteer when I get back to my permanent computer at home (I'm in the Doubletree paying an obscene amount of money for Internet access to post this).

Drakenul on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    I'm with Quizmaster (but also because I hung out with him the whole time), PAX was great, met lots of new people, got lots of free swag ... but as we said on the car ride back to Canada, it's like the Omegathon wasn't that big of a deal. Other then the prize, it was just like any normal tournament.

Though, I am impressed about how well it was for the first one, I seriously wasn't expecting much.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Zoxx wrote:
    I'm with Quizmaster (but also because I hung out with him the whole time), PAX was great, met lots of new people, got lots of free swag ... but as we said on the car ride back to Canada, it's like the Omegathon wasn't that big of a deal. Other then the prize, it was just like any normal tournament.

Though, I am impressed about how well it was for the first one, I seriously wasn't expecting much.

There was more excitement around the final SSBM tourny round than there was for the Omegathon rounds.

I think that they should have used the pa system a lot more to announce events starting etc.

Ninto on
  • Options
    TheMountieTheMountie Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    oh god, the PA system interrupted so many important announcements in the console room :lol:

cpt jack is top teir.

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
  • Options
    GnarTotheNthGnarTotheNth Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Hey loki whatever with you're gay little blah blah "this is a learning experience" bullshit. How bout you do something better, ever, in your life at all. I mean shit, how bout you do anything, ever, in your life at all. Period. I mean fuck man, you're probably the biggest bleeding cunt i've ever even read, and the fact that you like the mini bosses that much (and this goes to all you people actually) is sad. They're not that good. In fact, they're not good period. They're bad. Boring, unoriginal, gimmicky, and bad. You like them cause they're fucking nerds like you. Get a life, get laid, get out of your mothers basement and your sisters panty drawer, and stop complaining unless you can one up it. Fuck you.

GnarTotheNth on
    warcraft 3 is the best game ever!
  • Options
    NightingaleNightingale Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I think this just goes to show you that you can't please everyone. There was a lot offered to draw a great crowd and a crowd they certainly got, far more than they expected :D

For being a first convention, it went amazingly well and despite lines, limited seating for panels, and sometimes hallways congested to the point of being reminiscent of highschool, most people appeared to be enjoying themselves as well.

I'm certain that next year, we shall see changes. And be sure that some of those changes come from you as well - now that you've been to one, you know what to expect at worse. Be prepared for the upsetting aspects and suck it up ^^

Nightingale on
    finalnightsig.jpg
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Hey loki whatever with you're gay little blah blah "this is a learning experience" bullshit. How bout you do something better, ever, in your life at all. I mean shit, how bout you do anything, ever, in your life at all. Period. I mean fuck man, you're probably the biggest bleeding cunt i've ever even read, and the fact that you like the mini bosses that much (and this goes to all you people actually) is sad. They're not that good. In fact, they're not good period. They're bad. Boring, unoriginal, gimmicky, and bad. You like them cause they're fucking nerds like you. Get a life, get laid, get out of your mothers basement and your sisters panty drawer, and stop complaining unless you can one up it. Fuck you.

:roll:

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited August 2004

haha.... :lol:

lokimantis on
    £0kì/\/\ån7ì§ :
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2004
    Hi, everyone- it's Robert. I just got back from the center a few minutes ago, and I just wanted to say we do appreciate all the criticism, both contructive and otherwise. As it's been pointed out, this was a first year show so we're constantly learning. We've got a pretty good idea of what we want the experience to be like for everyone, so as long as we keep that in mind, the expertise will come with time.

For those of you that think PAX 2004 was awesome, thank you. It was a blast for us as well and your support is appreciated. For those of you that thought it sucked for you, yes- I'm not one to deny that... if you didn't have an incredible experience then something is broken and we're going to try to fix it for 2005 and beyond.

Okay, I really need sleep. Please keep this thread and threads like this going. You guys rock.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    The only thing I was really 'disappointed' with was the lack of badges. :( I mean, they didn't even check the info for me on Sun when we came back in, they just stamped my hand and let me in. Badges would be awesome.

That, and the whole concert thing. But I'll be alright with that if the concert's on the DVD. Which it is. Right?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2004
    Oh trust me, the first thing I thought when I saw the lineup on Saturday morning was "okay, lesson #1 learned... mailed badges or wristbands or SOMETHING." You can expect pre-regs to actually get in before the general regs this time!

Yes, and we knew immediately we could never use that theatre for anything ever again... we were super upset that a ton of people weren't able to get in. Oh, and yes, musical performances on dvd, check.

i can't stop reading these threads...

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited August 2004

This is the best post I've ever read on PA

SuperFlyTNT on
    -Helem Boesch-
  • Options
    mojomonkeemojomonkee Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    i guess it's because i didn't spend more then 8 hours at the whole thing (over two days) or because i don't go to events like this that often but i thought the whole thing was really fun. sure they had some problems they couldn't foresee such as a whole fuckton of people showing up but they did the best they could with what they had.

my only suggestions are this:

1) louder PA speakers announcing "hey lady, your baby is locked in your car" and the like. they were too quiet and you couldn't really hear what the person was saying over the "hey douchebag, i want to play men of valor so move it!"

2) different color stamps for the different days. i paid for both days (about five months ago) but my friend cody only paid at the gate on saturday. on sunday he didn't want to pay again so he just got restamped and said "my stamp kinda wore off" and the dude just restamped him. that's no good for business, ya know?

3) bigger space.

mojomonkee on
    Q: Mac or PC?

A: Um, we like to play games.
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    My only complaint is that, next year, they should have dedicated free play areas so I don't have to plan to be there at 3AM so the consoles will be open. Because when every room is being taken up in tourneys you don't care about, well, that can get a bit boring.

Otherwise, this thing was a blast and I look forward to going to it next year.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    There were different color stamps for the one and two day passes.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    mojomonkeemojomonkee Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    but see: if you have a one day pass on and don't wash it off completely that night, you can come back the next day and just get it re-inked.

mojomonkee on
    Q: Mac or PC?

A: Um, we like to play games.
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    chrysoula wrote:
    There were different color stamps for the one and two day passes.

Not all nerds refuse to bathe.

SuperFlyTNT on
    -Helem Boesch-
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Yes, this is true. Badges are a better option, as Khoo indicated. Somebody just suggested there be different ink colors, and I was pointing out that there was, for what little good that did. I'm sure some people got in who shouldn't have technically been let in. I know other people were stopped from getting in for free. *shrug* In the end, staff priorities had to be set, and since we were stuck with the stamp option, it seemed better to give some people the benefit of the doubt rather than make them go deal with registration again.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I'll just copy my post in another thread into here...

First of all, I just want to say thank you to everyone who put this on, it was incredible. The one thing that I will remember for a long time to come is when I played Halo 2, on the Xbox that was being piped to the projector and to the two live stream tv's downstairs, and when I took out that first warthog with the RL and used the tracking thing to take him down (I knew what to do, I've been in the beta), and the crowd started yelling and shit, and then later when I capped the flag, it was like the fucking E3 video, it was just awesome, and afterwards, I got to stay and take pics, and I even got to talk to frankie for a few seconds :shock: It was incredible, and I just want to thank you all for putting it on. The idea for PAX is utterly cool, get a bunch of people together who like games and PA, and give them a ton of unreleased games to play, tourneys, and a massive LAN, then throw in a bunch of cool panels and stuff. My suggestions for next time are pretty much just...

-More arcade machines, they are great when you want to have something to do while waiting for your tourney or something

-Have a section for the next concert just for people who were at PAX04, since almost none of us were at the concert this time

-More real security, when I checked my bag before going into the console room, when I came back out 10 minutes later I just went over, grabbed my bag, and went, and the guy watching it didn’t even glance up, it was 3 o clock, and I totally understand it, but the bag area needs to be sectioned off with one little entrance, like at a ski-check in place

-Lockers to store your bags, so that you can bring your stuff along for overnight, but not have to haul it around.

-An area for people to sleep in, maybe with a bunch of foam mattresses or something

-More deathmatch games in the PC room, I understand that Lanwerx didn’t have Ut2k4, and the Atari shipment just didn’t make it in time, but some good DM games would be great for next time, it seemed like all the games were strategic team games and shit

-More everything, more consoles, more computers, bigger areas for stuff, more air conditioning, and most of all, MORE BAWLS!!! That shit totally ruled, try to get them to come back next time too ;)

Thanks again to everyone that ran this, and I can’t wait until PAX05!

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1