As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2007 DVD - ON SALE NOW (Trailer on Page 4!)

• MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wombat!! wrote: »
    So, the trailer for the PAX DVD is up. Just thought I'd let you know.

AWESOME

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Ty1012Ty1012 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wombat!! wrote: »
    So, the trailer for the PAX DVD is up. Just thought I'd let you know.

AWESOME

I second that

Ty1012 on
  • RoccoRocco Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I was just about to come post that myself! You guys are fast.

I hope you guys like the teaser trailer, and I hope, even moreso, that you enjoy the DVD when it comes out.

Rocco on
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    that was amazing cand i cant wait to buy it!

Nephirij on
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That is such a torturous tease. I take comfort in the fact that its not long until the DVD is released!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • SoulFurySoulFury Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Yes you can see me at 0:28. I am playing Rock band with Doublehawk.

SoulFury on
  • SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, there's a guy in the video, playing Wii in the first 20 seconds or so, and he looks remarkably like a guy who is in my English class... This is strange.

YAY PAX DVD!

SergeantAuberie on
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Can one get blue balls from a trailer? I think so.

Seriously, glad to see 2007's dvd being released ;)

Kyanilis on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    *bump*

any updates?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Sequential_ComboSequential_Combo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, guys, guess what's for sale today? :3

Sequential_Combo on
  • SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I managed to buy it before it sold out!

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The news about the dvd being on sale just went out in the mailing

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I bought mine just now after reading the announcement Tycho wrote on the front page.

Hurray!

I am going to use these DVDs to convince my wishy-washy friend to go with me this year.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    yea i bought it the second i heard about it. And even though I was all over PAX07 like a fat kid on a cupcake, I still wanna see it all over again! ;)

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DVD purchased! Yay!!!!

This will give me the warm fuzzies knowing I can't be at PAX this year. I suppose if I have to mix PAX, missing it to get married to the love of your life is a good reason.

Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    You'll have to PAX extra hard next year...wait a minute. Did you consider the ramifications of getting married in the last weekend of August? If that's your anniversary, how will you come to PAX?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2008
    I'm actually getting married before PAX and going on a honeymoon closer to PAX. The main reason I can't go is I'm using up all my vacation and money getting married.

Thus I can PAX twice as hard next year to make up for it :)

Phanman on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    You'd better join the CCST, in order to maximize your ability to PAX harder

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2008
    Woo, ordered. This is going to be great when I get it.

And one thing, not a gripe really, just a... statement maybe?

Shipping charges were EXPENSIVE!!!

That is all.

Snickers on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    sweet! . . bought it this morning before i left for work .. . it also gave me an excuse to order a couple shirts i wanted anyway

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bought'ed! I await reliving the ridiculousness that was 07. All I really want, to tell you the truth, is to see the camera's perspective of JoCo's hilarious crane-cam love-in antics. My greatest fear is seeing myself in the footage... heh!

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It says it has four concerts, and freezepop isn't one of them :( Did they get cut?

xxhennersxx on
    edited May 2008
    It says it has four concerts, and freezepop isn't one of them :( Did they get cut?

Good question, that's who I was looking forward to seeing [again] the most, so I hope they didn't get cut!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »

Good question, that's who I was looking forward to seeing [again] the most, so I hope they didn't get cut!
    Four.

Coulton, Front, Minibosses, OneUps.

Sadly Optimus, Neskimos and FP were just... unrecoupable.

It will be a Five-DVD set, however.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Legacy wrote: »

Four.

Coulton, Front, Minibosses, OneUps.

Sadly Optimus, Neskimos and FP were just... unrecoupable.

It will be a Five-DVD set, however.

what do you mean by that? :( Makes me sad...their cover of the final countdown was....epic.

xxhennersxx on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Tapes running out, bad camera setups, technical difficulties, who knows.

I do remember seeing the cameras vibrating like crazy on the first night, due to all the bass, so that may be a part of it. Oh well.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited May 2008
    man... even if they had to cut them for whatever reason, It would be nice to still at least see clips of them, especially Freezepop. Their cover of The Final Countdown was indeed epic, but I also wanted to see a good view of everybody holding up their DS's (even though I got a good shot with my camera), because that was truly epic!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • defaultprophetdefaultprophet Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    man... even if they had to cut them for whatever reason, It would be nice to still at least see clips of them, especially Freezepop. Their cover of The Final Countdown was indeed epic, but I also wanted to see a good view of everybody holding up their DS's (even though I got a good shot with my camera), because that was truly epic!

There was at least one song from JoCo's set where we did that. I think it was either You Ruined Everything or I Crush Everything. It was one of the more mellow songs.

defaultprophet on
    edited May 2008
    We held up DS's for just about everyone, including Mr. Front.

Also I will try my best to make CCST next year Moe in order to increase my PAX'ing.

Phanman on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Legacy wrote: »
    Tapes running out, bad camera setups, technical difficulties, who knows.

I do remember seeing the cameras vibrating like crazy on the first night, due to all the bass, so that may be a part of it. Oh well.

would it be reasonable to hire professionals for 08? i understand hiring jerry's kids makes a great statement for the community, but it's about time we get a complete dvd set. atleast 07 was better than 06, though.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited May 2008
    I think it would be cool to get more media coverage, like from Gamespot, Gametrailers, G4, and the many others that happen to be around. Maybe they can setup their own special cameras especially for the concerts just in case things happen that would force parts to be cut out like this. I know some of the smaller online media groups did that last year, but were mostly on the concert floors and didn't always get the best angles. They should setup some sort of "booth" in the back for different groups/people to film from.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    PIMP SUPREME!

I got my PAX 2007 DVD box set today! Mine arrived undamaged in a truly resilient white paper/plastic covering.

The DVD case is of good quality. I would like to point out the extra feature that can be found on the inner spine of the DVD box. When all 5 of your disks are in the box, this piece of plastic on the spine holds the discs onto the spindle gently... yet sturdily.

Also, when opened the DVD case smells like "new car smell". And who does not enjoy "new car smell"?

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited May 2008
    I must join with you in the act of joyful celebration! For I, too, have received my DVD's! It is glorious!!

Snickers on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mine showed up earlier this morning so I can have breakfast while watching the one-ups.
    And then choke on some bacon when I got to see myself acting total [strike]goofy[/strike] awesome in front of the camera.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Is that borfase that mega64 was messing with?

Shade on
  • PetrovPetrov Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    Been enjoying the DVDs this weekend and its great reliving PAX 07 but there was one BIG disappointment for me.

The Minibosses concert omits 'Mega Man 2', and it appears to be the ONLY thing cut from the included concerts. (Don't know about MC Frontalot, haven't watched that yet)

The thing that gets me is that there's a point on the DVD where they come up to the mic and say 'Don't worry, Mega Man's coming.'

It was the performance I was MOST looking forward to having on disc. And I guess I'm just slightly peeved that there was no mention that any of the included concerts was not complete.

So, what happened? Why was the Minibosses arguably best performance cut from the DVD?

Petrov on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Now, I as well have been reliving '07 via the DVDs during this weekend as well--when I should be doing homework.

Anywho! I, unfortunately, was not there for either of the concerts. ...I was nerding out on the laptop and stealing all the folks music. But what I found strange was that they did not go in chronological order.

Babbling now! I too heard of their MM2 before the concert and I was filled with antici-say it-pation to watch it on the DVD. But alas, nothing.

...Edited due to allotted time?

And thanks to the DVD, I now HEART every single band/artist.

...Downloaded ALL of JoCo's songs within a span of 26 hours.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    edited May 2008
    I noticed the cut too. I also noticed a rather good part of the OneUps missing as well. I think it's after Street Fighter, and before Final Fantasy, you can see it fade in/out. Two of my favorite tunes from them were cut...

Either way, what I hate the most is that Freezepop got cut... but hopefully they'll be back this year

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • TYarbreauxTYarbreaux Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, we got Punchout! cut and I think Zelda maybe? I haven't had a chance to watch it too many times but there were a couple songs missing from our set.

No worries though!

edit: The OneUps I mean.

TYarbreaux on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Was wondering why I couldn't find Punchout!

Megaman 2 is one of the Minibosses most popular songs it will be back in 08.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.