As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Let's Play] American McGee's Alice-Nightmare Boss Rush-Final

1235»

• HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Yea don't blame you on that, that's true. So it'll end up being a two parter like the other bigger stages most likely.

Yeah. Although it's going to take me an age to record. after about 15gigs of video the PC complains, which means i have to stop. Convert. Delete. Retry. D:

That should be an epic fight in itself :P

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I noticed in that last video you get slightly West Country under pressure.

This has been great fun to watch, and I'm looking forward to the last boss fight as I really don't remember this stuff at all.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    edited May 2008
    I noticed in that last video you get slightly West Country under pressure.

This has been great fun to watch, and I'm looking forward to the last boss fight as I really don't remember this stuff at all.

I do? Hahaha...well you never can tell yourself i suppose. Yup im a Wiltshire boy, oo arrr and such.

The last fight is going to be epic I tell ye. Best bit of the game in my opinion.

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
    edited May 2008
    And so we come to the end.

Thanks so much for the people who followed this let's play, i hope you all enjoyed doing this as much as I have.

Being my first Let's Play i hope it went to your liking. The commentary, the recording style etc.

I would love to do another let's play and do have something in mind, but do let me know if this one was so bad that the next wouldn't be worth starting up eh :p

Anyway enough jibber. I hope you like freaky shit...Green Alice was pale in compared to whats to come.

Stage 37
    Final Boss
    The End

Thanks for watching!

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh what ya have in mind? I liked this LP and would like another, I need a recording software and I'll get started on Undying after I play through it again.

SkutSkut on
    edited May 2008
    Oh what ya have in mind? I liked this LP and would like another, I need a recording software and I'll get started on Undying after I play through it again.

I got an RPG in mind for the next one. I'll let you know what it is if the bugger records ok, but It's one of my favourite games from my childhood so i should be able to play it well :p

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Enjoyed going through it Hello, nicely done : D

Junpei on
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Good Let's Play! The ending seemed a bit quick, but I guess it did all it needed to.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Excellent - most enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to SkutSkut's Undying LP and whatever game you're doing next.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    edited May 2008
    Excellent - most enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to SkutSkut's Undying LP and whatever game you're doing next.

That will be sometime, 2 weeks I want to say? I need to play through it again unless you want to watch me fumble about lol.

That and that horrible bug that doesn't let you save in the mansion until you go through Onerios the first time, so I have to figure out how to record that, make it a 2 parter I guess.

SkutSkut on
    edited May 2008
    Thanks very much guys :D

What would you all think of me farting about on nightmare, like do a video hitting up all the bosses, that sorta thing?

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
    edited May 2008
    Helloween wrote: »

What would you all think of me farting about on nightmare, like do a video hitting up all the bosses, that sorta thing?

Nightmare boss rush? I'd watch that.

I've just got the gold key and scythe in Undying and entered the gold key room. I got lost in the Past Monostary(SP) for about an hour though lol.

SkutSkut on
    edited May 2008

I've just got the gold key and scythe in Undying and entered the gold key room. I got lost in the Past Monostary(SP) for about an hour though lol.

I went and had a look at Undying. It looks quality, much better than his current game :x

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Awesome. Well done.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2008

I went and had a look at Undying. It looks quality, much better than his current game :x

Oh it is :lol:, unfortunately. I was looking forward to Jericho too.

SkutSkut on
    edited May 2008
    Hello there!

Tried to the Bosses on the nightmare difficulty setting...it was HARD...so hard :(

Hell even getting the boss was a bitch. Bah.

Anyway for your viewing pleasure is me attempting Boss 1, the Dutchess.

I die. Alot.

Boss 1 on Nightmare

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
    edited May 2008
    "I die. Alot."

Understatement lol, good job though.

SkutSkut on
    edited May 2008
    "I die. Alot."

Understatement lol, good job though.

Hah yeah well. It's so very hard :'(

I really really tried to get another one done tonite...but the second boss didn't want it.

Any tips for Centipede on nightmare folks?

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
    edited May 2008
    Huzzah! After days of failed attempts Centipede, boss of the cheap kicks it.

Again this Boss 'rush' isn't that fast and contains whining :P

Boss rush 2-Centipede

Enjoy!

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey, I'm watching these now, and Stage 7 seems to be down. Any chance of a re-uploading?

Very nice, by the way. I wish the voices were louder, but at least the Cat is pretty clear.

EDIT: Seems to be working again. That was quick!

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2008
    YesNoMu wrote: »
    Hey, I'm watching these now, and Stage 7 seems to be down. Any chance of a re-uploading?

Very nice, by the way. I wish the voices were louder, but at least the Cat is pretty clear.

EDIT: Seems to be working again. That was quick!

As much as I would love to claim credit, it wasn't me. Must have been youtube's end and they fixed it.

Yeah sorry about some of the voices and sounds, my computer doesn't like me recording it seems, hopefully you can just jimmy your volume up a bit, irritating but untill i can fix it for any future stuff its going to stay like that.

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
    edited May 2008
    Easy this time!
    Well easier anyway. 2 Bosses here, the red King and the Tweedles.

Seems like Nightmare setting is being kind during these.

Boss rush 3

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
    edited May 2008
    Right. Univeristy work load has pissed off, i can do more videos :)

Boss rush number 4. The Mad Hatter.

I die a fair bit, but he went down fairly easy. Mainly due to the fact ive done the shitty video 5 times. Fuck you FRAPS, fuck you Hypercam and fuck you pink socket which dont reckon my mic is in...sigh

Annnyway:

Hatter on Nightmare

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
    edited May 2008
    One of these days maybe i'll record a video smoothly, make 2 seperate parts that fit together well etc.

My Love/hate relationship with FRAPS continues

Boss rush 5-Jabberwock

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
    edited May 2008
    Pffft, its a stupid boss anyway...

D:

Boss rush 6-Jabberwock second fight

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
    edited June 2008
    Last update, thats it for this Let's play. Hope you all enjoyed it.

I got another planned, just need the time to do it. It's on the youtube channel if you wanna see.

Annnyway:

Final part 1 part 2

Thanks!

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Good job man, I really enjoyed it.

joshofalltrades on
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, Helloween. Quality posts all round! Really enjoyable.

I want to do an LP, but I'm not funny, suck at games and have an accent. So I live vicariously through yours! More!

And on the topic of Undying a few posts back: Undying on high volume, in a dark room and with a big screen is one hell of a gaming experience. I haven't played any other Barker games, but it seemed better adapted to his writing style than even his movies.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Aw man, this game rocks. I have it somewhere. You inspired me to find it and install it again. I never did finish it.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Somewhat old news, maybe a week or two? But Alice 2 has been announced for PC and the consoles for anyone who hasn't heard. Can't freaking wait.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday