As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls (An Indie Comic)

TravisLeggeTravisLegge Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Graphic Violence
After an amazingly successful release party and a SOLD OUT showing at New York Comic Con, I wanted to bring everyone up to speed about Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls!
Issues 1 and 2 are now available at Indyplanet.com!
2286_6266B.jpg
Boredom strikes at Christie's house, prompting a trip to the Coffee Shop. Unfortunately getting Purple out the door could be an issue. Necromantic wards on the remote control? The city's mayor in a zipperhead mask?? Will Christie and the girls ever get caffineated? Guess you'll have to read to find out...

Order Issue 1 for only 2.95 USD http://www.indyplanet.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=878&osCsid=91a380d7e39bb0cfd5a62885eab046e0 HERE!
2286_7984B.jpg
Things take a turn for the weird as Christie is suddenly and inexplicably altered into a flesh eating savage zombie! Can Squeak and Purple discern the cause of Christie's changes before she eats them? What role does Brad play in this mysterious transformation? Guess you'll have to read it to find out...

Order Issue 2 for only 2.95 USD http://www.indyplanet.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=942&osCsid=91a380d7e39bb0cfd5a62885eab046e0

Issue 3 is due to be available on Indyplanet by June!
Also available at this time: Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls apparel! Available online at Cafepress

Once you have checked out the books, gotten your tragically hip t-shirt, and realized how much you love Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls, add her on myspace, and let us know what you think!
http://www.myspace.com/corpuschristiecomic
Keep an eye on this space for more news, previews, and updates about Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls!

Written By Travis Legge

Art By Franco Viglino

Cover Colors by Shadowgirls artist Dave Reynolds!

www.aegisstudios.net
Home to the Contagion Role-Playing Game! News about Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls.
TravisLegge on

• TravisLeggeTravisLegge Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    More News!

Shadowgirls artist, and Corpus Christie cover colorist Dave Reynolds has created this alternate cover for Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls issue 2!

Corpus_Christie_2_alt_cover__by_TravisLegge.jpg

The alternate cover will be available on Indyplanet.com, as well as at Wizard World Chicago!

More news to come! In the meantime, pick up Corpus Christie on Indyplanet.com!

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
    Home to the Contagion Role-Playing Game! News about Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What's the content like of these books? Like is it a mature rated book, or is it safe for younger audiences?

Lucascraft on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Is the girl on the right pregnant, or just fat?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So your cast consists of a pregnant girl, a zombie and a tired hooker?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    The content is PG-13 I would say. You can view some sample pages on indyplanet.

Purple is just chunky.

And the cast is a girl who's so goth she's dead, a dominatrix with a speech impediment, and an overwieght ubergeek mallgoth, but you were pretty close :P

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2008
    she's pregnant, not fat in that last picture

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2008
    Fortunately it's an "alternate cover" In the regular art she's just chunky.

Though maybe I could go the Whedonesque route and have her get knocked up by some strange demon critter...

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
    edited May 2008
    Ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to announce the release of Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls issue 1 on WOWIO.COM!

Click here to download Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls issue 1 for FREE!

It's a .pdf file, so make sure you've got Acrobat Reader, eh?

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Is Wowio the one that only US residents can use?

Wildcat on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    maybe she's just morbidly obese

that would sort of fit in with the rest of the book

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I bet she's pregnant with an evil baby, and when she finds out the book turns into a coming of age road trip story as the girls hit the highway and make way for the Land of Oxymorons and the only man who can possibly eradicate this evil, Pope Abortion.

Robos A Go Go on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Purple is just chunky.

And the cast is a girl who's so goth she's dead, a dominatrix with a speech impediment, and an overwieght ubergeek mallgoth, but you were pretty close :P

No offence but that sounds fucking awful.

ben0207 on
    edited May 2008
    Pope Abortion would be the best pope

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ben0207 wrote: »

Purple is just chunky.

No offence but that sounds fucking awful.

oh come on, you meant some offense.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Can't decide whether I love or hate the art

It's one of those, though

INeedNoSalt on
    edited May 2008
    maybe she's just morbidly obese

that would sort of fit in with the rest of the book

I prefer the term gothicly rotund...

Wildcat-Sadly, I do believe only U.S. residents can use WOWIO.

Robos- Thanks for wrecking it for everyone. Jeez, you shoulda spoiler'd that!

Ben-So don't read it.

INeedNoSalt-Let me know when you figure it out! I wait with bated breath.

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
    edited May 2008
    For your downloading pleasure, Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls issue 2 is now available for FREE at WOWIO.COM

And, of course, in case you missed it, you can get a copy of issue 1 for free as well!

Going forward we will be releasing Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls in simultaneous release on WOWIO as well as print. Ask your Local Comic shop how to get a print copy, or visit INDYPLANET.COM to order online.

And as an extra special treat, I'd like to show off the latest pinup from the indescribably talented Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls artist Franco Viglino.
    Purple_pin_up_by_MIRRORMASTER.jpg

You can check out more from Franco at his Deviant Art Gallery

ISSUE 3 IS COMING SOON!

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
    edited May 2008
    I guess I'll have to check this one out now, given that it's free and all.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Pope Abortion would be the best pope

You take that back.

Battle Pope would be the best pope.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
    edited May 2008
    What if Battle Pope was pregnant, though

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    edited May 2008
    Wowio makes me want to stab things in the face.

wwtMask on
    edited May 2008
    mask after you read it tell me what you think

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited May 2008
    I'm not going to read it because fuck Wowio's sign up process. I'm not giving them a credit card or a scan of my driver's license, and I only have a free email account, which they disallow.

wwtMask on
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It doesn't have to be a credit card it can just be a debit card as long as its got a Master Card or Visa logo. I gave them mine when I signed up months ago and never had any trouble out of it. Plus they just let me use my Yahoo e-mail and thats a free e-mail address. Something changed?

ZombieAsuma on
    edited May 2008
    The account verification is either with a cc, a scan of a photo id, or a non-anonymous email address.

wwtMask on
    edited May 2008
    Gotta be honest: I'm not feeling this at all. The characters are stereotypes, the jokes are flat and fairly crass, and there's no real hook to keep me reading. The story needs more background info, a more focused plot, and something needs to happen to make me care about the characters. As it is now, they're essentially exactly as they're portrayed, stereotypes to be mocked and maligned and not taken seriously.

wwtMask on
    edited May 2008
    mask pretty much says what I'd like to say only much nicer.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited May 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Gotta be honest: I'm not feeling this at all. The characters are stereotypes, the jokes are flat and fairly crass, and there's no real hook to keep me reading. The story needs more background info, a more focused plot, and something needs to happen to make me care about the characters. As it is now, they're essentially exactly as they're portrayed, stereotypes to be mocked and maligned and not taken seriously.

Can I use this quote for the back cover of the first collection?

That would be awesome.

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
    edited May 2008
    Sure, knock yourself out. It'll be the oddest dust jacket review I've ever seen. I was always under the impression that you put positive quotes there so as to entice a browsing customer to buy the book.

wwtMask on
    edited May 2008
    Right, see it's ironical, and therefore amusing...

Well, at least I find it amusing.

And come on, what's negative about THAT post, I mean, really...

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
    edited May 2008
    Basically everything? I guess I'll admit that the concept isn't bad, but the execution doesn't do it for me.

wwtMask on
    edited May 2008
    I'm sorry to hear that. Just might not be your particular cup of overpriced Starbucks. Hopefully since you went to all that trouble to get your wowio account set up, you can get SOME use out of it.

Check out Starkweather and Shadowgirls by David A. Rodriguez you might enjoy those.

I'd also encourage you to give Christie a couple of issues. Partially, because I think the upcoming issues will surprise you, but mostly because I'm a self-promoting whore.

Edit: Just checked the standings on WOWIO and Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls #1 is in their top ten comics!

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Right, see it's ironical, and therefore amusing...

Well, at least I find it amusing.

And come on, what's negative about THAT post, I mean, really...

How is a bad review "ironical"?

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited May 2008
    It's not.

Putting it on a dust jacket is.

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Putting a bad review on a dust jacket is pretty cool actually.

edit: And unlikely to affect sales. They've already picked up your book and can flick through it. A funny joke they'll hopefully get won't change anything.

ben0207 on
    edited May 2008
    Man, if you want a bad review for the dust jacket...

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited May 2008
    TLB, tell us how you really feel. :P

wwtMask on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I hope the dust is as repelled by this book as I was!

Robos A Go Go on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    hmm I have to agree with Mask on this. Its got a solid idea, but the presentation is lacking. And the jokes leave much to desire. Like the art a lot though. Try adding more tits like the Battle Pope and Tarot people, that seems to work well for them.

Bucketman on
    edited May 2008
    I'll just copy paste the thing I wrote you you Mask:

As a writer, I can tell why it fails from the very beginning: it takes the low road at every turn. From the characters, to the "plot," to the "jokes." Not once is any more thought put into it than "look at the fat girl" jokes or "goths hate jocks" jokes. That bothered me. Furthermore that absurd level of stereotyping going on makes Jim Crow comics look quaint and emotionally deep.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg