As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's thank Zig21 and his staff, you savages

BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
edited September 2004 in PAX Archive
i was at the MKDD tournament, and Zig looked like he was about to fucking murder everyone

the stress was getting to him, understandibly so

so zig, even though it was very hectic, you did a fantastic job with the tournaments and the times you lashed out at people were perfectly understandable

hurrayyyyyyyyyyy

duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
Borfase on

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    Here here!! I feel for all the staff for having to deal with all the children (ages 10-30) who attended and whined and bitched and moaned and caused trouble. Well, we all learn from what we do, as I'm sure next year's PAX will be 1000% improved! See ya'll next year!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    TheMountieTheMountie Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    word, i was the little dude behind the desk telling rob to say NOW, and doing the brackets.

MKDD was actually funny to work with.
    so much random shit

congrats to the top 4.
    westcoast supah trip.
    EJ.
    EGAN!!! forgot your last name, you my brotha.
    and...the other team i forgot about...good job.

Rob, youre a machine.

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
  • Options
    aeolistaeolist Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    My partner and I finished 5th. Damn.

aeolist on
  • Options
    Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    gahugoahguaohniuahtaiuhgaiughaiuthautgha

Holy shit I'm tired.

Expect my uber post-PAX thread of l33tness to come tomorrow.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Zig21 wrote:
    gahugoahguaohniuahtaiuhgaiughaiuthautgha

Holy shit I'm tired.

Expect my uber post-PAX thread of l33tness to come tomorrow.

If I were you I would have abandoned the console room to chaos and destruction some time around mid-Saturday.

Kudos.

aeolist on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    ...which would have left me to the sharks :(

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    TheMountie wrote:
    ...which would have left me to the sharks :(

I'd have lured you away with some Pocky and gone to a bar or something.

aeolist on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    indeed

TheMountie on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2004
    I do need to say that Zig is incredible. In my post mortem report, he's no doubt one of the heroes to the con, and we owe him BIG TIME for it.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    I hear he loves PT...

Stop with the beasting, Ploomermoverson.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Optimus WangOptimus Wang Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Zig, thanks. But... my fuckin star...

Optimus Wang on
    Din wrote:
    I'd be Optimus Wang, and come out with just a bathrobe on and drink maple syrup out of a coffee mug.
    ani-me.jpg
  • Options
    Bat-Winged BoyBat-Winged Boy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    I think it's cute that he refers endearingly to the hulk from Guilty Gear as "Pot."

He practically had little hearts floating over his head!

Bat-Winged Boy on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Ya, zig plays all the beefy characters in fighting games.
    astaroth in soul calibur 2. the purple bunny that enjoys touching 15 year old talim with a sharpened axe.

good thing i dont play talim, but i do play large breasted taki. 2P costume only. The 1P costume makes her uncomfortable cuz her boobs keep hitting her face. and the 3P outfit is difficult for her, cuz she just got back from a hunting party, and she hasnt showered and is very hungry, cant fight on an empty stomach.

TheMountie on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Well Rob, I have to hand it to you, GOOD FUCKING GAME!

Seriously dude, you did my job from the 200 ML with about 500000000 more people and problems. You were about to go nuts, so its a good thing we went to Jack in the Crack before you had a breakdown. I'll submit an application for helping you out in the console room next year.

Looking forward to a friendly challenge from you in Tekken 5 next summer (most people will still be relatively new to it).

gg

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    i never even took the chance to touch a controller other than my gba and borfase's but YAAAAAAY anyway

futility on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Thanks for getting the free play all set on saturday. It was still chaos in there but alot lsee thinks to you.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    MK:DD was amazing. I was shocked at how great the other teams were. Too bad my teammate and I had to embarass you so badly in the final race. By the way, Egan is my last night, Bryan is my first name, I just gave my last name cause there were so many Bri/yans competing.
    Also, the driver's name was Chris Dellinger, or to those who know him well, ChuckD.
    It sucked that no one was there to witness the last couple of rounds, and that the prizes we got were quite subpar. But nonetheless, being MK:DD champion is reward enough in and of itself

TheMountie wrote:
    word, i was the little dude behind the desk telling rob to say NOW, and doing the brackets.

MKDD was actually funny to work with.
    so much random shit

congrats to the top 4.
    westcoast supah trip.
    EJ.
    EGAN!!! forgot your last name, you my brotha.
    and...the other team i forgot about...good job.

Rob, youre a machine.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Thanks Zig, you were awsome. :P

-Annie

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    <3

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    lol, sorry, you are right tho, lots of brians

and ....Egan is the best damn team name ever.

TheMountie on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Errrrrr (not caught up on sleep yet).. want to thank both Marks, Andrew, Tyler, and Steven? (guy who won SC2 tournament and loaned me Bushido Blade to play) also. You guys definately made being awake all that time and trying to organize stuff a lot easier.

-Annie

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    I'm glad that I contained my rage at the way the MKDD It tournament was being handled to actually play in it. It was probably one of the funnest things I did at PAX.

It took nearly 40 minutes just to get through the list of people on the day-of sign up sheets... then they got to the PRE-registered. I know I'm not the only one that was more than a little irrate at that. Some guy yelled out, 'Why did we bother pre-registering'.

I got over it though once I started playing.

I certainly have to give props to Zig and Tyler who were trying so very hard to add a sense of structure to the chaos inside the console room. You guys did a great job considering the situation. I liked how everytime Zig would get to a point where everyone would shut their mouths long enough for him to be heard the chick on the center wide announcement wide would jump in and drown everyone out.

The best one was where we were all trying to get the MKDD tourney together and she interrupted it with an announcement about the MKDD tourney... seemed a little stupid.

Next year there needs to be about 10 times more organization for all tournaments being run... also, it was cool not only to get to watch all the tourneys but to have spectators as well while youre playing, but they were probably half the problem. There was absolutly no room in there.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    lol, people are too touchy if they complained just 'cause I started with the day-of signups. Shit, a lot of them didn't even check in with me before hand, so I didn't know if they were on a team yet or not. Next year will be better to say the least. Shit, it's a miracle we made things work as-is.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Yes, the important thing is that it did work. And how. Ultimatly the day-of signups thing didnt even matter mainly because more than half of them werent even there and then another 3/4ths of them got elimintated before you even got onto assigning more teams to tables.

I think alot of the touchiness came mainly from the overall lack of sleep that alot of people were experiencing. Too much balls not enough sleep. I didnt want to sound like a dick or anything, you guys really did do a great job.

btw Playing MKDD just doesnt do anything for me now... Nothing compares now to playing with 15 other people on a lan. Oh well. I'm sure I could throw together at least an 8 person lan at my house.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Zig surely is a miracle worker. How he managed to pull off that of which he pulled off without exploding and taking out hundreds of people is beyond me.

Like I remember when they said over the PA system "If you're going to be in the Soul Caliber tournament , even if you pre-registered, head over to the console room" right after I heard Zig reassure people that pre-registered players didn't have to come.

I think each of us owes him a round of beers, eh?

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Zig, you seriously are the man. B:L is definitely going be a full time volunteer for you next year, I dunno about myself yet.

Thanks for everything man. Don't let anyone bitch at you. You were awesome in a literal battlefield.

Binkley on
    A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    <3z_astaroth2.gif

UBER props to Zig! Shiet man I didn't know you had all that coolness in you :shock:

Seriously we need to get totally involved next year and make it the BEST RUN TOURNAMENTS EVAH!!! 8)

But for now...get your rest and "enjoy" the Shi :lol:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    terrixterrix Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    My friends enjoyed the console room immensely and fun in the tournaments they were in. I had fun the times I was in there(which were a lot less), so props to you guys and the staff. Also, whose PS2 and stuff was stolen, maybe we should donate a couple of bucks each to replacing it for that guy. Also, if the thief is reading this forum, don't ever show your face at a PAX again, your not welcome.

terrix on
  • Options
    QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Yeah, thanks Zig; the Enforcers were awesome. You guys were the glue what held together the PAX.

-Kyle

Quethal on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    for zig.

i never got to play him at SC2 though. i guess that will have to come next year

Grath on
  • Options
    Bat-Winged BoyBat-Winged Boy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Zig, maybe next year if I'm not so damn poor I'll bring you some whiskey.

Partially because you looked like you could use some and partially because I think it would be fucking funny.

Bat-Winged Boy on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Thanks, but I prefer Tequila.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004
    i drank quite a bit of tequila saturday night at dario's little hotel room suaree.

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Zig21 wrote:
    Thanks, but I prefer Tequila.

ur fucking dead the next time i see you.

TheMountie on
This discussion has been closed.