As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2005 (Atlanta, GA?)

AmatsuuAmatsuu Registered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
It is just wishful thinking on my part really considering I live there. Although it would certainly be an excellent spot. There are plenty of places that could be rented out that would easily fit several thousand people (and won't rape your pocket too much). I guess it is a little early to be thinking about the next PAX though eh?

Well, I'll certainlly be at the next expo wherever it is. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Just makes me wish I could have made it even more. Bastards.... ^.^

I keep hearing complaints about the expo, but it was the first expo for goodness sake! From what I've heard it was well run for being their first expo.

So to Gabe, Tycho, and the rest of the pax staff.......Excellent Job. Kudos! Salud! So on and so forth...

:Sidenote: Did "The Matrix Online" really and truly suck? I expected it to, but I secretly hoped that I would be proved wrong.

Amatsuu on

• Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2004
    it didnt really look that interesting to me

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    TheMountieTheMountie Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    all i saw from MO was people shooting eachother.
    pretty sure pax 2005 will be in seattle again.
    i think they posted that...somewhere...
    i love that 2 story escalator. anyone slide a penny down that thing?

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    MO sucked balls, it was like a fucking card game, you pick your attack, the other guy picks his, then the two attacks are shown on screen as the attack power of one of them vs the other, then your shitty animation plays. Compare this to Jade Empire where all the animations are smooth as silk and the RPG stuff is all behind the scenes to let you focus on actually having fun, and MO just sucks.

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    The Matrix Online really was a big disappointment. :(

I was hoping Sega would show something really innovative with it, something other MMORPGs haven't done yet, but... it just looks like another shitty MMO.

Now Guild Wars, on the other hand, god damn - I REALLY fucking wanted a t-shirt.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    The Matrix Online really was a big disappointment. :(

I was hoping Sega would show something really innovative with it, something other MMORPGs haven't done yet, but... it just looks like another shitty MMO.

Now Guild Wars, on the other hand, god damn - I REALLY fucking wanted a t-shirt.

Heh, one of the WCST guys crashed Guild Wars. It was fucking helarious.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    ThaiboxerThaiboxer Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Why would anyone want to go to atlanta?

Thaiboxer on
    Playing WoW "only when you are bored" is like smoking "only when you are drinking".
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Thaiboxer wrote:
    Why would anyone want to go to atlanta?

This occured to me as well. I mean, I thought the people living there were just cursed by wizards and unable to leave or something.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I watched some folks playing MO. I thought it looked ok, but it was hard to judge since it looked to be a small, tight area inside some city. But all I could see were two people standing at most 10 virtual feet from another swapping blows with shotguns. <yawn> I'll stick with CoH.

Guild Wars didn't intrest me much until I saw it at PAX. It's gorgeous and looks really fun. I didn't get to play it, but someone I was playing Civs with got to try it. They walked her through fighting some monsters, then they started a PvP match between her and some of the alpha testers. Her team won quite handily, and largely in part due to her. It was cool. Looks like PvP in that game may actually be a lot of fun.

Yoshua on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    yeah, i was hopeing MO would be more...interesting???

i got a beta for JTL from the con...umm...
    a beta for a game that is still in beta...this is going to hurt my head.

i realllllly wanted like...beta's for games coming next year...like middle earth online.

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
  • Options
    Thug LifeThug Life Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Hmmm, Georgia? I don't know, we can't have all the black people hung.

Thug Life on
    gretzky_cup1984.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Thug Life wrote:
    Hmmm, Georgia? I don't know, we can't have all the black people hung.

:shock:

what the fuck just happened.

TheMountie on
  • Options
    Kato_ArabelKato_Arabel Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Agreed. WTF? Are they still lynching blacks in Georgia?

Kato_Arabel on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    No, of course not Kato. Thug Life just seems to be cracking a bad joke or is just a plain jackass. I'm not quite sure which.

Why not have it in Atlanta? Downtown is a nice area for such a thing. Considering we already have expos out the ass here on a fairly regular basis. If Atl, Ga is good enough for the olympics (past of course) its good enough for pax. It doesn't have to be in Georgia though. I'd just like to see it move around the the US. It seems like using the same state, same hotel, same town every year would become kind of...boring eventually. Maybe it is just me though.

MO sounds pretty crappy indeed. So much for the game proving me wrong.

Amatsuu on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    um, Atlanta is very far away from WA. And I think a good chunk of the PA fan base (or at least the majority of those in attendance) come from WA. Not to mention the gaming companies are pretty much situated in CA, IL, & WA. So it might be hard to get a lot of panalests and such to come out if they had to pay money to fly out and attend.

futility on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    futility wrote:
    um, Atlanta is very far away from WA. And I think a good chunk of the PA fan base (or at least the majority of those in attendance) come from WA. Not to mention the gaming companies are pretty much situated in CA, IL, & WA. So it might be hard to get a lot of panalests and such to come out if they had to pay money to fly out and attend.

Touche.

Like I said though, it was just wishful thinking. I know it'd never happen. I have family I'm overdue to visit in Tacoma, so maybe I can "kill two birds with one stone" so to speak...next pax.

Amatsuu on