As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post Your Alias(es).

Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
edited September 2004 in PAX Archive
I had no fucking clue who people were at the convention, but I had one fucking awesome time, so I figured, hmm... chances are I met quite a few people who post here, so I decided to make a thread.

I'm Skyler/Dantaar. I played in the CS and CoD tournament...

also... go ahead and post how long you stayed there, would like to see how many pulled the whole 39 hours - I myself only did 35 hours, got 4 hours of sleep at about 3:30 AM after the CS tournament.

edit: I only saw one person that I recognized off the bat - and that was Red Machine D. You fucking rock, man.

i wanted love, i needed love
most of all, most of all
someone said true love was dead
but i'm bound to fall
bound to fall for you
oh what can i do
Xenocide Geek on

• TheMountieTheMountie Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Tyler Stephens
    The Mountie

umm..played Soul Calibur 2 tourny.

and spent my whole time at the help desk in the console room.

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
  • Gortek MoradinsonGortek Moradinson Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    umm... Webster. I'm the guy in the black Fedora in the Raindow Six Tourny. Was there on Sat @ 10am till 4:50am sun, left for rest till 10am, left again at 7pm for good.

Gortek Moradinson on
    singmk2point2.jpgGifLupin_15.gif
  • NightingaleNightingale Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Er.. I didn't run under an alias but I was the one dressed up as Kasumi from DoA3? ^-^;

So I suppose that was alias enough.

Nightingale on
    finalnightsig.jpg
  • YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Doubt I stood out really, just wore black pants and a plain dark blue tee shirt.

Strangely enough, Yoshua is actually my name (pronounced Joshua). Bulk of my time was playing Civilization down at the table top area (didn't get to finish either game, but Civs can take a LONG time to finish).

Yoshua on
  • TinMan1997TinMan1997 Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Er.. I didn't run under an alias but I was the one dressed up as Kasumi from DoA3? ^-^;

Were you with the guy in the grey robe with silver trim, and if so- who was he supposed to be?

The guy sitting next to me in the first PA Q&A (where I got to ask the question I'd prepped, yay) was suprised that there weren't more people in costume. I guess he figured that even at PAX, people needed to make it more clear that we're geeks. :)

TinMan1997 on
    logo_top.gif
  • SuperFlyTNTSuperFlyTNT Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    TinMan1997 wrote:

Were you with the guy in the grey robe with silver trim, and if so- who was he supposed to be?

The guy sitting next to me in the first PA Q&A (where I got to ask the question I'd prepped, yay) was suprised that there weren't more people in costume. I guess he figured that even at PAX, people needed to make it more clear that we're geeks. :)

I saw that guy and red machine d, he was talkign to the frag dolls. His sister loves them or something. Who was the chick dressed up like Talim? She was a hottie.

SuperFlyTNT on
    "Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
    -Helem Boesch-
  • NightingaleNightingale Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    TinMan1997 wrote:

I was indeed. None of my friends are from the forums so I guess I'll be the spokesgirl right now.

The big guy in the robe with the awesome staff was a thrown together costume a few weeks before the convention when he realized he wanted to cosplay but didn't have a character. He had a very good time having other people guess what he was. Originally, the idea was to go as a wavemaster from .hack// but the silver marker was lost on the way up - so no identifiable markings were given to him. he eventually came up with the idea that he was the bastard child of the white mage and the black mage from ff1.

Nightingale on
    finalnightsig.jpg
  • coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    coolp/Colin, I was on team G-UNIT for CS, we ruled up until we played the CAL guys, then we got creamed.

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    BigRed. I was the boyc room guy who is a master of teh bawls cap art :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Ahh. You were the guy who ridiculed my friend for not reading Penny Arcade, right?

He deserved it!

Xenocide Geek on
    most of all, most of all
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Ahh. You were the guy who ridiculed my friend for not reading Penny Arcade, right?

He deserved it!

Whoever asked what fruit fucker was AT PAX deserves to be flamed for it :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • SphyxSphyx Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I'm Sphyx, the girl with the short black-blue hair, mostly in the BYOC room showing movies from time to time. I was also spectating a little DDR, exhibition room games (esp. Dungeon Siege II @_@), and wandering around, soaking it all in and buying myself a new Penny Arcade wardrobe. I was there from 1pm Saturday to 7am Sunday, slept for a bit and dragged my ass and the asses of the five boys I was staying with off the floor and back in from 12pm to 10:30pm. At that point I was just the tiny, tired girl hauling two complete systems and four bags of gear around on one of those carts.

Sphyx on
    I was the blue-haired girl at PAX 2005.
    edited August 2004
    did you play soul calibur 2 in the console room ever? cuz there was a girl that fits that description you gave there.

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
  • SphyxSphyx Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    TheMountie wrote:
    did you play soul calibur 2 in the console room ever? cuz there was a girl that fits that description you gave there.

Ugh. I wish. D:<

All six of us collectively missed every single tournament we'd signed up for (nine). And there was never free play when I was around to participate.

More details: I was selling Bawls in the BYOC after they ran out, I played Hero at 3am, and was in the exhibition room with two guys playing the "which box weighs the most, and thus has the rarest collective figurine" game for a half-hour.

Sphyx on
    I was the blue-haired girl at PAX 2005.
    edited August 2004
    shrug, i was in the console room 24-7.

i only went into the PC room like..once to laugh at ROC.

TheMountie on
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    alias: sPider

I was the guy in the Red/white jersey tee that said "Team-Killing Smack Tard" on the back of it, with a NES messenger bag. I'm also the guy that did the reference sketches the BYOC table used for the BAWLS bottle cap art. To all the new ppl I met this weekend, thanks for making it a great event. And to the people that think stealing shit is cool, I'm going to find you some day and pull your heart out through your dick.

As for how long I lasted? I had to bail around 11 pm on Sunday, but I didn't sleep until about 4 am Monday. Still didn't sleep for more than an hour, and I'm still going. Gotta scan some shit from the con before I crash.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
    edited August 2004
    sPider817 wrote:

I was the guy in the Red/white jersey tee that said "Team-Killing Smack Tard" on the back of it, with a NES messenger bag. I'm also the guy that did the reference sketches the BYOC table used for the BAWLS bottle cap art. To all the new ppl I met this weekend, thanks for making it a great event. And to the people that think stealing shit is cool, I'm going to find you some day and pull your heart out through your dick.

As for how long I lasted? I had to bail around 11 pm on Sunday, but I didn't sleep until about 4 am Monday. Still didn't sleep for more than an hour, and I'm still going. Gotta scan some shit from the con before I crash.

Yeah, I think I remember you. We were chatting in the wee hours of saturday night/sunday morning about comic books and stuff. You didn't like my filterless American Spirit cigarettes.

Yoshua on
  • coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    sPider817 wrote:

lmfao, I remember you, that was an awesome shirt :P

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
    edited August 2004
    Yoshua wrote:
    Yeah, I think I remember you. We were chatting in the wee hours of saturday night/sunday morning about comic books and stuff. You didn't like my filterless American Spirit cigarettes.

Yep, and I never caught your name. Know it now, though! and that means I can find you, and steal your soul!!!! bwahahaha!!!! Naw, even if you had told me your name, I probably wouldn't have remembered. It's not that I don't care, it's just that my brain doesn't process information on that little amount of sleep. Like I said, "I was running on safe mode". Did you check out the comic yet?

sPider817 on
    edited August 2004
    sPider817 wrote:
    Yoshua wrote:

Yep, and I never caught your name. Know it now, though! and that means I can find you, and steal your soul!!!! bwahahaha!!!! Naw, even if you had told me your name, I probably wouldn't have remembered. It's not that I don't care, it's just that my brain doesn't process information on that little amount of sleep. Like I said, "I was running on safe mode". Did you check out the comic yet?

I will be very soon. I was at PAX till 9 pm yesterday, and so exhausted when I got home I just wanted to sleep. I spent this afternnon in recovery mostly, logged into CoH to check on things and play a bit. And the last couple hours checking up on forums I missed.

I don't blame you one bit for not remembering my name, I was in the same state, honestly don't remember your name either (but then I had the comic you gave me to help me remember). I'm bad enough at remembering names when I am fully awake, sleep deprivation doesn't help.

Anyways, do plan to check out your site tonight.

Yoshua on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    I had no alias, but I was Annie, the girl with the "I love Geeks" shirt on in the console room helping run things. I went about 38 hours and then had to bail due to pending lack of conciousness.
    Mounty- aha! I was trying to figure out who you were... thanks for helping to keep me awake!

Unknown User on
    edited August 2004
    my pleasure.

thanks for not kicking my ass for all the lewd comments i made. sleep and bawls makes me not care.

TheMountie on
    edited August 2004
    lack of sleep and bawls made me not care. besides, I like to imagine I gave as good as I got this weekend ;)

Unknown User on
    edited August 2004
    lol too good.

i wouldnt mind volunteering with you again next year, this year was some funny shit.

hit me up on aim if you want.
    fuck i dont care, everyone hit me up on aim and say hi.

TheMountie on
  • digitalodindigitalodin IowaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Jesse Thompson here. I had the red hair with blonde highlights and I was wearing the Yellow Stewie shirt.

digitalodin on
    Boogle Boogle Bear...
  • ginryu42ginryu42 United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Gin Ryu or ginryu42 (or some other variant)

Doubletree Room#: 119

Where you might know me from: The Fable exhibit, the hot tub @ the Doubletree, the party in 117 where I became horribly inebriated, various Magic The Gathering games, a D&D game, and I'm the guy that pitched the idea for the game based on Frank Herbert's Dune universe.

Look for another post from me about that game-pitch idea. The bastard from Nintendo was a real prick who wasn't even fucking trying to understand what I was saying. He just wanted to rip on someone to make himself look cool or whatever. I mean, honestly, he was ripping on the other panelists- said they should "play more games," or whatever. total dick.

btw- I'm totally not bitter. :evil:

ginryu42 on
    "He who has relied least on fortune is established the strongest." -Niccolo Machiavelli
    edited August 2004
    Landreth

I was on battlefield1942 DC almost all of sunday

Unknown User on
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I was the guy who tried to make sure people knew I was Canadian. Ending most of my half-sentences, half-questions with "eh" (much more than usual) and making some accent....good times.

I was also the guy who flew out of the stage in the Soul Caliber II tournament, if anyone else remembers bracket #28 (or was it 20? Nah, couldn't have been...or could it?), whilst chanting "Pirate! Pirate! Pirate! Pirate!" . Heh, go Cervantes.

The name was "Kerry", by the way.

QuizMaster on
  • HellSapHellSap Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    My name is Mark, I was the tall guy bugging Zig all the time, heh.
    Also referred to as "HellSap" due to the other Mark running things in the BYOC room.

I was helping around with shit where I could and was the one edging in on the volunteer's Bawls stash.

mountie, izanobu - yeah, you were cool people, hopefully next year will have more control on stuff, but I'll definitely try to volunteer 'officially' I guess next time.

HellSap on
    Always and forever, conspiring with the devil, conquering together.
    D/L Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/
    PSU Megagamers Club - www.megagamers.com
    edited August 2004
    coolp wrote:
    lmfao, I remember you, that was an awesome shirt :P
    Glad you liked it. You can get one at http://www.cafeshops.com/TKST

sPider817 on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Name: Steven
    Alias: B:L
    Description: Asian dude with black GameCrazy cap. Kicks uber ass at Soul Calibur II.
    Saturday: Beige-ish shirt with Hot Shots Golf logo and GameCrazy insignia.
    Sunday: Black shirt with yellow dragon and red Japanese kanji which translates to "Confident in my Sexual Power" (don't ask...)

Hey, Annie! It was great chatting and helping out along with ya!

Maybe next year Zig and I can work something out where the volunteers don't get so beat on. Hey, maybe we might even make time for a Bushido Blade tournament 8)

Hope to catch you next year :D

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • MegapuppyMegapuppy Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Name: Lumboo

I bought some tickets for Hero on Friday nite, Had a great time in the CS tourney even though we got 3rd/4th place by losing to a bunch of what looked to be 16 year olds from team pwny :wink:

Me and mildewproduction blasted through the MKDD tourney too, though we kinda burned out in the end there too.

I was with Yoshua at the second civilisation game, and pretty much just wandered about, managed to stay up the entire 39 hours.

Megapuppy on
  • terrixterrix Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Went by my real life nickname: Serge or Surge however you want to spell it.

Most of you would recognize me as the tall guy who wore the Naruto forehead protector.

terrix on
    edited August 2004
    I spent some time watching things happen elsewhere, but I spent most of my time on the bottom floor playing magic the gathering. My name is Chris, and I was playing green decks...one of which had a lot of forests and Uktabi Wildcats, the other of which was a thalliad/saproling deck. My email is ckhrysze at hotmail dot com.

Unknown User on
  • Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Landreth wrote:
    Landreth

I was on battlefield1942 DC almost all of sunday

Ahh. I remember you, we played Call of Duty on Sunday morning before the Halo tournament. I went under the alias Nemesis.

Xenocide Geek on
    most of all, most of all
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
    edited August 2004
    Andrew- Yeah... um... apparently I am in charge of the console room next year? That is what I was told by my friend who knows Tycho and Gabe. Wee...
    but for now, time to recover. And next year damnit, I am so going to enter some of the tournaments. I didn't get to show off my l33t gamer skillz (or whatever).

mmm...bushido blade.

Unknown User on
    edited August 2004
    yes, we must work together again.

we are a sexy team.

i dunno how i would work with steven tho, i can barely understand the shit he says cuz YOU TALK SO DAMN FAST.

im like, so..whats up.
    and you say, "ohnotmuchjustwaitingforroberttofuckinghurryupsothaticanlethimknowweareleavingrightnow.

and im like... *nod and smile*

TheMountie on
  • Sigma_100Sigma_100 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I went around using Sigma_100, Sigma-WCST, or It Don't (dont ask about this last one, its kind of an inside joke that has stuck with me for years). you may remember me as one of the guys from the super trip, playing halo at 6:00 am in the console room (went to bed early and woke up at 5:00 am :P ), playing halo PC at 10:00 PM in the computer room on sunday, playing risk 2210, warhammer 40k as the 'nids with a lone wraithguard watching over them, asking mike and jerry if they liked Tenacious D and if they had considered somehow getting them to play at PAX '05 (that was during the first Q+A. i really should have gone to the second one so i could ask them a second time. just in case).
    you may have heard my actual name at some point, which was Kyle.

EDIT: you may ALSO remember me as being the guy who killed a guy in halo 2, took his energy sword, corpse humped him, and killed two other guys with it, corpse humping them as well.

Sigma_100 on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I was the tall guy in the West Coast Super Trip shirt, Our team in Halo didnt have an opponent in the first round, and got slaughtered in the second round 50 to 16, but at least I had the most points on my team...heh. I also signed up for the Black Arrow tournament but didnt show since it was taking too long, and I got a ticket for the concert anyways. Was playing some Double Dash in the console room between 3am and 5am, also got a couple rounds of Halo in(with Gus from RvB) and some Super Smash Bros. Melee, Went to my room at about 5am, and slept way to late and woke up at 1pm and headed back, only to find out the Halo 2 tickets had been handed out... Seriously, whos idea was it to only have 12 people playing at a time? They needed more Xboxes, doing split screen, to accomidate those that wanted to play damnit.

Then there was the Double Dash tournament, me and my partner were doing awesome(mainly my partner, since he was driving and kicks ass at it, I was just bringing the blue sparks and shooting people), First round on the desert course we had a half lap lead at the end of the 2nd Lap, My partner decided to jinx us and say "We could get hit by a blue shell and still get first"... We got hit by one alright, then another, then a red shell, and then lightning. But he was right, no one passed us. 2nd round everyone started bitching when it turned out to by Baby Park, which we got lucky and stayed in 2nd on at least. Third round was a bit crazy, we ended up getting Bowser on the Ice Level, which didnt work out too well. Right off the bat we were in last, but a couple stars and we pulled upto 2nd and made it in to the top 8.

Holy shit that last match was insane, with that many good Mario Kart players, shit gets crazy. It was a constant battle for the top 4 spots. The people in 1st seemed to have a damn nice lead from what I remember, but we managed to squeeze into 2nd again for the last match, which was the best damn round of Mario Kart ive ever played. Its a shame that it was the last tournament of the event, so the good prizes had all been claimed the day before. Hopfully something will get worked out so that shouldnt be a problem next year, but Im still happy that we did good and I got a 12 month Xbox Live subscription out of it(and a shitty Lineage 2 strategy guide, which will become Store Credit somewhere).

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited September 2004
    woah woah, are you the guys i was like, west coast supah TRIIIP

tall guy?

TheMountie on