As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Was this anyone elses first Con?

chef_socrateschef_socrates Registered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
I've got such mixed emotions about it. I mean, i think i had the most fun playing games with random strangers who actually KNEW what they were doing...even i got my ass kicked again, and again, and again. :P the exhibition room was awesome, I'm thinking about getting and xbox just for fable. But man, the console room, though filled with fun, had that crazy funk that just sort of...sank into your skin if you didn't shower soon. Does it really take that much time to put on some deodarant? :roll: The people there were great, i got to meet a bunch of great people, even in the line when i got tired of sitting around and managed to meet some cosplayers who were from Vancouver as well. I just wish it was actually in Seatle, i mean, i just left the place when things slowed down and explored the town and... i've had more interesting things come out of my ass than Belleview.

chef_socrates on

• Options
    NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I've got such mixed emotions about it. I mean, i think i had the most fun playing games with random strangers who actually KNEW what they were doing...even i got my ass kicked again, and again, and again. :P the exhibition room was awesome, I'm thinking about getting and xbox just for fable. But man, the console room, though filled with fun, had that crazy funk that just sort of...sank into your skin if you didn't shower soon. Does it really take that much time to put on some deodarant? :roll: The people there were great, i got to meet a bunch of great people, even in the line when i got tired of sitting around and managed to meet some cosplayers who were from Vancouver as well. I just wish it was actually in Seatle, i mean, i just left the place when things slowed down and explored the town and... i've had more interesting things come out of my ass than Belleview.

Well, I've been to some more business-related stuff, including ComDex, and this was way better.

Like they said, this was the event that you always wished someone would do, but hasn't happened till now.

Bellevue is fine, all I really cared about was the hotel and the con.

Ninto on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    It was my first, but not my last. I hope to attend next year and as soon as I am able to get a job, I will be attending other cons.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    it was my first too

futility on
  • Options
    MegapuppyMegapuppy Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    It was my first con as well. I loved every second of it, I met alot of the fun guys from the boards, and basically got to be among exactly the kind of people I would want to be among during this kind of event. Thanks Gabe and Tycho!

Megapuppy on
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I was going to say it was my first convention, but I remembered that I went to GameStorm here in Portland. Grrr.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    I was at the NecrowombiCon last year (that's when it was my first.) I fondly remember it because I got to play Mario Golf before it's release date and we talked a lot with Gabe and Tycho. This year it was a lot bigger and we only briefly saw them.

It was my first huge convention though.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Yep, this was my first convention of any kind as well. I really didnt' know what to expect going in, but I gotta say I had a good time this weekend. Looking fwd to more cons in the future!

-MC

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ginryu42ginryu42 United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    This was my first, but I'll be back next year!

ginryu42 on
    "He who has relied least on fortune is established the strongest." -Niccolo Machiavelli
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    <-- first here, probably wouldn't have even gone to it had it not been in Bellevue.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    digitalodindigitalodin IowaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Yeah, it was my first con and I had a great fucking time too!

digitalodin on
    Boogle Boogle Bear...
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Twas my first as well. But after that experience...this week is going to be really boring (comparitively). All of Summer, I was looking forward to PAX...now I can look forward to school (boooo).

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    1st here too. But think of next year its gonna be Bitchin. Once Gabe and Tycho fix what happened this year, Bigger building=less lines, I think most poeple were surprised to see that many people come. But I think it was GREAT anyways. First time ive gotten my ass kicked so much on games.

Thanks again to Gabe, Tycho, Robert, Everyone that helped bring all of it together and running as smoothly as possible. GREAT JOB!!

Unknown User on