As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

1575859606163»

• rizriz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Heh perhaps. I did console myself with the thought that I'm probably a better tank than most of the 70s he'd find in LFG anyway since epic-drenched tanks who aren't retarded generally do not have to pug.

riz on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Well there hasn't been a stealth change to his beams, I just did them the other night. So the issue is something you're doing.

No, i know... im just frustrated. I mean what are the odds that i've killed him 12ish or more times and never seen it before.

It is an insanely frustrating fight for the P2 tanks if something is going wrong. To be honest, I'm trying to figure out how you got anywhere near the beam spawning point, you should have broken the tether with room to spare. Do you have someone calling out what side he's going to?

Thomamelas on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Varethius wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    MORE HATE (god I'm full of hate today): Hitting the not-so-sweet spot of being level 69/70 but not decked out in epic tanking gear, so stupid five-man pugs don't want to let me tank for them. Some guy was "LFM tank and DPS!" for Black Morass last night for a good 45 minutes. I had offered myself and my mage friend, and he was not interested, I assume because we're 69 and thus not in full badge gear. IT'S NON-HEROIC BLACK MORASS. Christ.

Just think about it though. He probably went for so long trying to find whatever it was that he was looking for that he decided "sod it" and took the next tank to come along. I'm more than willing to be he phailed epicly in the instance.

It's better to be rejected by a fuck-tard than to die alongside one.

This is happening to me a lot lately. I was in LFG for normal Arcatraz because I want to get my second half of the kara key fragment, and I get a whisper. Mind you, I have the Heroic MrT tanking trinket, some Kara tanking gear, and around 12k unbuffed HP in my tanking gear:

Chodemonkey whispers: R u a tank?
    /r No, i'm DPS, but I can easily tank if necessary.
    Chodemonkey whispers: Will u respec?
    /r Um. No. It's normal Arcatraz, and I can easily tank that place with my gear and spec.
    Chodemonkey whispers: Nevermind.

This has happened to me 3 times in the last week, in fact I can't remember the last time I tanked something. I must have missed the memo that Blizzard sent out saying that it was absolutely impossible to tank instances if you are not Protection.

Wavechaser on
  • VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Heh perhaps. I did console myself with the thought that I'm probably a better tank than most of the 70s he'd find in LFG anyway since epic-drenched tanks who aren't retarded generally do not have to pug.

And if they are epic drenched tanks looking for pugs you can bet they're either a) Drunk. or b) got carried throughout everything

Most likely to be the former...

*flashbacks of me monk-tanking the elite areas in guild wars* good times =p

Varethius on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »

This is happening to me a lot lately. I was in LFG for normal Arcatraz because I want to get my second half of the kara key fragment, and I get a whisper. Mind you, I have the Heroic MrT tanking trinket, some Kara tanking gear, and around 12k unbuffed HP in my tanking gear:

/r Um. No. It's normal Arcatraz, and I can easily tank that place with my gear and spec.

This has happened to me 3 times in the last week, in fact I can't remember the last time I tanked something. I must have missed the memo that Blizzard sent out saying that it was absolutely impossible to tank instances if you are not Protection.

It all becomes clear if you remember one thing:

People are retarded sheep who don't dare to take chances.

Thomamelas on
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Varethius wrote: »
    MORE HATE (god I'm full of hate today): Hitting the not-so-sweet spot of being level 69/70 but not decked out in epic tanking gear, so stupid five-man pugs don't want to let me tank for them. Some guy was "LFM tank and DPS!" for Black Morass last night for a good 45 minutes. I had offered myself and my mage friend, and he was not interested, I assume because we're 69 and thus not in full badge gear. IT'S NON-HEROIC BLACK MORASS. Christ.

Just think about it though. He probably went for so long trying to find whatever it was that he was looking for that he decided "sod it" and took the next tank to come along. I'm more than willing to be he phailed epicly in the instance.

It's better to be rejected by a fuck-tard than to die alongside one.

When this happened to my Fury warrior while leveling in Outlands, I just started lying and saying I was prot. It would probably be more difficult now with the talent-inspection that has since been added, but I would imagine the kind of person who asks that in the first place isn't likely to bother checking. Bonus points if you tell them off at the end of the run while revealing your spec.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    yeah, i remember the good old days when it was just "do you have a shield?" "do you have a 1h?" Do you have a basic understanding of aggro? OK, goferit. Of course, it is distressing to remember how many answers of "no" we got, and yet we went ahead anyway...

Also, there is still a sizable number of people still levelling up. New to the game, never having reached 70, or even 60. Ran into quite a few while working on my rogue in ramparts and blood furnace.

dojango on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Akira wrote: »
    When this happened to my Fury warrior while leveling in Outlands, I just started lying and saying I was prot. It would probably be more difficult now with the talent-inspection that has since been added, but I would imagine the kind of person who asks that in the first place isn't likely to bother checking. Bonus points if you tell them off at the end of the run while revealing your spec.

I am SO doing this.

Wavechaser on
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    meanwhile I just did ramparts with a level 70 warlock, a 58 rogue, a 58 warlock, a 60 enh shammy, and a 60 retadin. we did just fine. closest thing we had to a tank was the level 70 felguard, and we offspec healers ran out of mana pretty much every pull, but we still did fine =P I guess that's no real feat though. a skilled 70 lock could probably solo the place.

DiscoZombie on
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You should /gkick Charus

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Arsenic CanaryArsenic Canary A Whirlwind of Joy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I get this sort of behavior a lot as a shaman. People assume that, since I'm not Resto., it's impossible for me to heal through a five-man, which is of course a ridiculous assumption. I carry a set of healing gear with me wherever I go, just in case.

Of course, I try to avoid PUGs if at all possible, as I have had all of one (okay, maybe two) good PUG runs in my entire WoW career. I seem to attract retards and overbearing assholes like a goddamn magnet.

I'm not bitter. Honest.

Happy: More Kara this weekend! 'course, reading through this thread makes that accomplisment seem very small in comparison, but hey! I'm enjoying the hell outta that place!

Arsenic Canary on
    Steam: arsenic_canary
  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Amused: according to the new WotLK info making its rounds on the web (see the Death Knight topic), none of the new raid bosses have even been *designed* yet.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Considering they have the level 60 Naxx to work with as a template for the first 25 man (and then tweak again for the first 10 man), they might not've started, but it's not like they don't already have a significant amount of work done for the initial level of raiding.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    Amused: according to the new WotLK info making its rounds on the web (see the Death Knight topic), none of the new raid bosses have even been *designed* yet.

they have time

release is 6 months away, then people will be leveling to 70 and then you pop a nice cockblock attunement requirement on the first raid instance and that buys you even more time

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Didn't they say no attunement? Also I wouldn't want them to design 25-man encounters until DKs are fleshed out.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    how many months after initial release did it take before people were even able to summon Ragnaros

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    They did, indeed, say no attunements.

Though I think it was just 'no attunements to raids', so we may see some more attunements to 5 mans, similar to Old Hillsbrad/Black Morass? (which I hate, but y'know, whatever)

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
This discussion has been closed.