As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] The internet is jerks

1414243444547»

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    There is no sex in humanimals. Only white-collar friendship and good times.

tynic on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So I'm going to head out, folks.

It's late, I'm tired.

I clearly bit off more than I could chew in that Saddam Hussein thread, which I should've realized when there was people saying how stupid it was getting I probably should've stayed away.

There's a vibe to this forum I just haven't really grasped yet. There's some nuanced, unspoken level between just saying something you believe in or agree with or think is right, and writing a multi-page Wikipedia article in a thread detailing the how's and why's of everything leaving nothing to question. A middle ground there. I think I strike that middle ground, and the way people react, clearly I don't, and that I tend to err on the side of not slamming my shit in people's faces or being pushy.

People seem to interpret that as being weak or illogical or not supporting my arguement or whatever, but the reality is I'm not trying to be offensive or a jerk or bludgeoning people with huge essays on shit they won't even read.

So I still don't really get how this place rolls. I'm just going to let it slide in this instance, because I figure it'll be pointless on that specific subject. But it's something I'll note for the future.

Pony on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Also, I have noticed myself using "Dinger" very frequently lately, as in a negative with sympathy, kind of.

Your friends ditched you and went to the movies without you? Dinger. You probably would have enjoyed that.

That hootchie you hooked up with at the bar last night gave you the happies? Dinger. Was she any fun, at least?

Ya follow?

Where and why would I have picked this up?

[Edit]
    Oh, and Pony? Here, people will read your essays. If you write them.

LaOs on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pony wrote:
    So I'm going to head out, folks.

It's late, I'm tired.

I clearly bit off more than I could chew in that Saddam Hussein thread, which I should've realized when there was people saying how stupid it was getting I probably should've stayed away.

There's a vibe to this forum I just haven't really grasped yet. There's some nuanced, unspoken level between just saying something you believe in or agree with or think is right, and writing a multi-page Wikipedia article in a thread detailing the how's and why's of everything leaving nothing to question. A middle ground there. I think I strike that middle ground, and the way people react, clearly I don't, and that I tend to err on the side of not slamming my shit in people's faces or being pushy.

People seem to interpret that as being weak or illogical or not supporting my arguement or whatever, but the reality is I'm not trying to be offensive or a jerk or bludgeoning people with huge essays on shit they won't even read.

So I still don't really get how this place rolls. I'm just going to let it slide in this instance, because I figure it'll be pointless on that specific subject. But it's something I'll note for the future.
    That's probably a reasonably accurate self assessment.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    S_O has the most fucked up sense of humor evar

didn't he used to mod AC?

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The stupidity of threads is a useful indicator of whether or not to post in there. Although there are also threads which get steamrolled into a particular POV fairly quickly that it's not worth the effort to argue in either.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:

Yeah, good times.

The admins hated him. But the forum loved him.

tynic on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:

I believe so.

My favourite AC Mod was Grifter. Next was DMAC. Grif was funny and cool enough, and MAC was amazingly talented. They both are awesome still, so far as I know. I loved Gibs' gift of art this year.

[Edit]
    tynic knows all.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    y hullo there

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Too late, sorry.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    tynic wrote:
    Man, fuck unconditional love.

I am conditional as all hells about that shit.
    Even with me?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.