As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Invincible Iron Thread: The Movies, The Comics, The Ephemera

• Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    alright, fuck it, i'll grab the first trade when i go back to the shop to get the new fraction iron man

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    munch, really? because i just got livewires without realizing it was by the same guy that wrote hypervelocity, and i liked both of them a lot. if empowered is as good as those two, maybe i'll check it out.

Yeah, if you enjoy some cute relationship drama and a good superhero/superhero culture satire, you should like it. scans_daily has a ton of scans up for it, so check some out before you rush out and buy it.

Munch on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fin Fang Foom would be a great way to tie the Iron Man and Hulk movies together.

"HULK WANT PANTS BACK!"

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, it was weird as hell seeing Tony drinking again in Viva Las Vegas

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bogart wrote: »
    His Dirty Pair books follow the same pattern of T&A, jokes, awesome action, actually funny jokes and technobabble, and are worth picking up also.

Oh, that's where I've seen his name before! I got Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal free with a UK manga magazine years and years ago.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, it was weird as hell seeing Tony drinking again in Viva Las Vegas

WHAT?!

EDIT: oh wait...that is suppose to be like a movie spin-off right? sorry, i just got really surprised there for a second

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah it's not in regular continuity

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Did it seem to anyone else that Viva Las Vegas only had like 20 word in it total? I mean I love the art but it just seemed like there wasn't much text

smokmnky on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    His Dirty Pair books follow the same pattern of T&A, jokes, awesome action, actually funny jokes and technobabble, and are worth picking up also.

Oh, that's where I've seen his name before! I got Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal free with a UK manga magazine years and years ago.

I bought four issues of that just to make sure I got all four free graphic novels. That magazine was how I read Akira as well.

Bogart on
  • Options
    DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    A little cool bonus for those interested in yet another reason to pick up Iron Man Hypervelocity: Due to the way it was colored, with intense red/yellow on cold blue backgrounds, this issue works very well with the old Valiant Vision glasses that came with many of the 90's era Valiant comics.
    So basically, Oh yes, hypervelocity in quasi-3D!!!!!

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If Elsa Bloodstone goes all Nextwave-y in Viva Las Vegas I will be so happy

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    alright, wait do we know when this is supposed to be taking place? i guess before secret invasion? dum-dum is hanging around

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    alright, wait do we know when this is supposed to be taking place? i guess before secret invasion? dum-dum is hanging around

Was that Dum Dum? He didn't have his hat!

Also, it could be after Secret Invasion as well.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

it was dum-dum (you could tell by the mustache), PLUS stark was trying to fuck the contessa, who is also a skrull

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What comic are you guys talking about? If you are talking about Viva Las Vegas that comic is set in the movie universe.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    What comic are you guys talking about? If you are talking about Viva Las Vegas that comic is set in the movie universe.

Invincible Iron Man.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ohh my bad I thought folks were talking about the Viva Las Vegas comic....don't mind me.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I bought four issues of that just to make sure I got all four free graphic novels. That magazine was how I read Akira as well.

Ah, I hadn't realised they gave away other titles - what were they?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Matt Fraction said in an interview that the first arc takes place before Secret Invasion

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    iron man was an awesome movie

and the scene with rhodes drunk along with the flight attendants dancing around the stripper poles was awesome

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2008

AD Police, the first Appleseed and a couple of Dirty Pair books. That's what's on my shelf, anyway.

Bogart on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, I have always liked Iron Man since I realized how awesome I was with him in MvC. Then I grew to love his concept and his character. I am tired of only knowing what I know of him from reading him and his canon's wiki.

Now I am interested in buying one of those big hardback or paperback collections of his exploits, I think the cool kids call them Tradewinds.

Are there any certain Iron Man tradewinds(is there only one?) that I should look into? What do you fine folks recommend?

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So guys...

Brad Pitt as Thor?

devoir on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2008
    that article doesn't even know that marvel already locked down a director for thor so

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Matthew Vaughan's holding contract ended, he's no longer attached to the project.

devoir on
  • Options
    RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, I have always liked Iron Man since I realized how awesome I was with him in MvC. Then I grew to love his concept and his character. I am tired of only knowing what I know of him from reading him and his canon's wiki.

Now I am interested in buying one of those big hardback or paperback collections of his exploits, I think the cool kids call them Tradewinds.

Are there any certain Iron Man tradewinds(is there only one?) that I should look into? What do you fine folks recommend?
    http://www.amazon.com/Invincible-Iron-Man-Omnibus-HC/dp/0785129006

I'm pretty sure thats what you're looking for. If not, I'm sorry.

Ruins on
    ach.png
  • Options
    SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Iron Man destroyed Speed Racer this weekend. All is right in the world.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/11/boxoffice.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I got the Iron Man trade Demon in a Bottle lately and just finished reading it.

:^: good stuff.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    devoir wrote: »
    Matthew Vaughan's holding contract ended, he's no longer attached to the project.

well as of right now my interest in this project has pretty sharply dropped

but at least there aren't still "TRIPLE H SHOULD PLAY HIM" demands and shit floating around anymore

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

AD Police, the first Appleseed and a couple of Dirty Pair books. That's what's on my shelf, anyway.

Damn, wish I'd noticed that! Thanks.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SAW776 wrote: »
    Iron Man destroyed Speed Racer this weekend. All is right in the world.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/11/boxoffice.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

I had time to go see one movie this weekend and I had to pick between Speed Racer and seeing Iron Man AGAIN.

I chose to see Iron Man a second time, and dragged more people with me. So I guess I help support the trend.

This weekend Prince Caspian comes out and that will probably drop Iron Man to 2nd or 3rd considering it'll be on it's 3rd weekend.

Then NEXT weekend is Indiana Jones...

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So this movie was a pretty great way to kick off the best summer ever for comic movies, in my opinion.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    CNN wrote:
    "'Iron Man' is basically pulling everybody's audience. It's really dominating the marketplace," he said.

Considering Marvel has already declared when the sequel is going to come out, I suspect that the week or two afterwards are going to be barren of new releases that want to make any money.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    CNN wrote:
    "'Iron Man' is basically pulling everybody's audience. It's really dominating the marketplace," he said.

Considering Marvel has already declared when the sequel is going to come out, I suspect that the week or two afterwards are going to be barren of new releases that want to make any money.

This brought a chuckle to my lips.

It'll be interesting to see whether Narnia does topple Iron Man. Considering it copped a lot of flack from the adult portion of the audience, it may not do as well the second time around. But then again, I could be entirely wrong.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    If Narnia 2 doesn't beat Iron Man at the box office this weekend I will buy a hat and eat it.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    there's no way Narnia isn't the #1 movie this weekend

and there's no way Indy isn't #1 the week after

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm pretty confident that Indy is going to end up being the top-grossing movie of the year if it's even half decent. I think the only big movie the week after it comes out is the Sex and the City movie.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm pretty confident that Indy is going to end up being the top-grossing movie of the year if it's even half decent. I think the only big movie the week after it comes out is the Sex and the City movie.

I don't know, man.

I'm not sure how hot the nostalgia train is for Indiana Jones anymore, compared to Star Wars or Spider-Man or whathaveyou.

It probably still will be, but I don't expect it to near any records for some reason...

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    When the majority of the movie-going public saw and adored Indiana Jones during the formative years of their lives, I think you'd be hard-pressed to come up with any justification for betting against a sequel.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Batman, I just have this feeling that the movie is going to play huge.

smokmnky on