As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Flood of gmail threads

TripMachineTripMachine Registered User regular
What's going on with the conga? Is it actually empty? If so, since people are still getting tons of invites, maybe it should be made more visible, as in, a link at thet op of G&T or something. I was just thinking that because there have been like 4 or 5 "make me laugh/beat me in doom 3/reply first and get a gmail invite" threads, and people keep replying to them, so obviously they don't know about the conga, and I think a more visible link would help. But yeah, just a suggestion.

TripMachine on

• Options
    HokageNarutoHokageNaruto Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I have a question on g-mail. How do you send an invite? I have an account but I don't know how to invite. Do you just get mail saying you can invite.

HokageNaruto on
    bleach.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    The purpose of the conga was to make it easier to do the conga, compared to the original thread.

Everyone who was waiting got their invites, so people looking to give their codes away have just been holding contests.

If people want an invite without entering contests, they can go in the conga and they'll be taken care of.. personally I see no problem with these threads.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    SabreSabre Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I've heard people mentioning that the conga seems to be broken, but then again it could be people who can't work it properly when sending out invites. I just put the notice in my sig, so I don't inadvertantly send out doubles.

Sabre on
    PAsig.jpg
    SteamID : Harbinger EVE-O: Jarek Dryayen
  • Options
    TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004
    I just realized I have 6 invites.

TDL on
    Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2004
    TDL wrote:
    I just realized I have 6 invites.

Everyone got 6 invites.

Everyone.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TripMachineTripMachine Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    FyreWulff wrote:
    The purpose of the conga was to make it easier to do the conga, compared to the original thread.

Everyone who was waiting got their invites, so people looking to give their codes away have just been holding contests.

If people want an invite without entering contests, they can go in the conga and they'll be taken care of.. personally I see no problem with these threads.
    My only problem is not really with the actualy contests, but more with the reply first and get an invite/free gmail threads. I think there should be one thread for that, or people should use the conga.

TripMachine on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I figured I'd post this here:
    Whoa! Dude, we are all done with the invites! Go tell alphamonkey the following phrase and recieve your postcount : <editied out>
    I'm curious about my post count but this is a joke, right?

Anyway I think putting a sticky in G&T with the conga URL would be a capital idea. Right now what happens is people make a thread and start giving out gmails, then someone posts the URL but it's too late.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    ExoVarkExoVark Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I knew, eventually, G&T would come up with something more irritating than Doom 3 and HL2 threads.

ExoVark on