As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Aircard Bandwidth Usage

SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
I've got a Verizon aircard. I want to be able to update Twitter as many as 20 times a day and log in to hotmail and shoot about 5 emails out a day. I've got the 5GB/month plan and would like to leave the card on all the time for the Twitter updates Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for about 3 to 5 weeks.

Will I be in danger of going over my cap?

There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
Slapnuts on

• Options
    NibbleNibble Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Text is nothing. I'd be surprised if you went over 100MB in a month.

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Loading all the graphics for Hotmail and Twitter is a consideration, but that shouldn't suck bandwidth right?

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • Options
    CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Just make sure you cache images and you shouldn't have a problem there either.

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I do tech support for AT&T Aircards, and I know you can check your data usage from a log in the connection client. You can also check from your online account. You can even call in and check the latest data usage. I would assume Verizon has the same sort of features. Unless you are torrenting over their 3g network and downloading large movies, you will be hard pressed to go over 5GB. Again, not sure about Verizon, but AT&T's "5gb limit" is a soft limit, meaning you are not going to rack up overages and you will be well warned before getting cut off.

That_Guy on