As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Printable game inserts

ChaosandQuietChaosandQuiet Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Games and Technology
I am looking for a website with printable copies of game inserts. There are some games I have lost the cases to and would like to remake them.

Also, I am looking for a custom made game insert for my copy of Link's Crossbow Training. Anyone know where I could find something like this? A while back I came across a custom made insert for Wii Sports and it looks a lot better in an official looking case rather than a sleeve.

Any help on either of these would be greatly appreciated.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0772-1797
ChaosandQuiet on

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I didn't think these sites existed for anything other than nefarious deeds, but you could check http://www.cdcovers.cc

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Willeth wrote: »

Awesome, this is the site I used a long time ago. Thanks!

ChaosandQuiet on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've been trying to get that exact cover from that site lately, but all I'm getting are empty downloads from them. I mean zero bytes with nothing to them. Any idea what's going on?

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    On a related note, does anyone know where I can get white game cases so that my custom Wii cases don't stand out like a sore thumb?

I've been checking out the local used DVD places looking for any cheap ones that might have white cases, but no luck so far.

Taximes on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You can order directly from Nintendo, I think. Play-Asia might have them, as well.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I love thecoverproject - my initial searches for these things brought me to a bunch of well-populated sites with people designing custom inserts for their favorite games. "I don't want your artistic photoshopping of a bunch of officially released images! I want the original fucking cover - and the back!"

Thanks to thecoverproject I was able to get rid of the 'previously played' inserts that came with a couple old EB purchases, and even get the original Japanese art for my copy of ICO. Very sweet!

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    cdcovers.cc is a piece of shit. I say that because it encourages its users to rip off other websites, and most of their covers are of crap quality AND the wrong DPI anyway.

The Cover Project
    is 10 million times better because it is devoted to games and has not only official inserts but also custom covers - and they are all at 300 beautiful DPI and print at the right size. Plus the site doesn't bombard you with shitty web banners and ads and the Cover Project is a million times better organized and faster.

I also have a vested interest in the Cover Project because I was a major supporter of the project when it was new and submitted several hundred covers for GBA/GB/GBC and N64 games.

slash000 on
  • Options
    CarolinaBBQCarolinaBBQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    White cases have become kinda scarce but they are all around. I've gutted Tron, Homeward Bound the Longest Journey, and Shrek 3D to quench my hunger.

Could I also suggest picking up a used game at Gamestop, swapping out the case with a dvd, and returning the product to a different Gamestop?

Is evil, but so are they.

CarolinaBBQ on
    Scri33le.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, gutting white cases from DVD movies is always a good option. That's what I did for my Wii Sports dvd case.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, if you are looking for white cases, some video rental stores could be of help. I use to work at a Movie Gallery and when we got new games for rent they came with a separate that was made to fit our locks. That case is what the game ends up going in. I would assume all Movie Gallerys do this, but ours kept all of the original game cases in the back. Whenever I needed another white case, I just used one of those. So depending on how friendly your neighborhood movie rental place is, they may be able to hook you up.

ChaosandQuiet on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    blaknyello2blaknyello2 Registered User new member
    White cases have become kinda scarce but they are all around. I've gutted Tron, Homeward Bound the Longest Journey, and Shrek 3D to quench my hunger.

Could I also suggest picking up a used game at Gamestop, swapping out the case with a dvd, and returning the product to a different Gamestop?

Is evil, but so are they.

i usually just take the case off the shelf and leave like nothing happened because they try selling us crappy hand made cases that don't look good at all so i give them sweet revenge in return

• Options
    blaknyello2blaknyello2 Registered User new member
    slash000 wrote: »
    cdcovers.cc is a piece of shit. I say that because it encourages its users to rip off other websites, and most of their covers are of crap quality AND the wrong DPI anyway.

The Cover Project
    is 10 million times better because it is devoted to games and has not only official inserts but also custom covers - and they are all at 300 beautiful DPI and print at the right size. Plus the site doesn't bombard you with shitty web banners and ads and the Cover Project is a million times better organized and faster.

I also have a vested interest in the Cover Project because I was a major supporter of the project when it was new and submitted several hundred covers for GBA/GB/GBC and N64 games.

That is really cool of you thanks for the support

Do you think you could sumbit a gameboy color version of f1 world grand prix 2 they only have the n64 version and I need the gameboy color version