As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: Legacy (OOC)

gredavingredavin Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Critical Failures
What do the history books say about the fall of the Jedi? Was it a ceremonial sacrifice, or a bloodied battle to the death?

I could write the true version, I was there. There was nothing glorious about it.

I haven't heard from my brothers and sisters in more than a year, isolated, cut off on this barren rock of a planet. I can leave, for certain, but I am afraid. I worry that it might consume me, make the flow of the force twisted. Will I eventually succumb to the fear? Become like that which surrounds me, a desolate wasteland that even the Force cannot save?

All that keeps me alive is my desire for revenge, and this alone is evidence that I have already fallen. Best I never return.

Excerpt from the journal of Brutus Mar'rahi, discovered on the planet Hondo three years after the Sith Invasion of Ossus.

CURRENT MAPS:
shipfm1.jpg

Play Aids

DICE ROLLERZ!

http://invisiblecastle.com/rolldice.py

Ships
rh-starfighter.png

Name: RH-Wing
Type: Republic Hybrid Wing Starfighter
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 11 Meters
Skill: Starfighter Piloting - RH-Wing
Crew: 1
Crew Skill: by crewperson
Consumables: 1 Week
Cost: 200,000
Cargo Capacity: 30 Kg
Hyperdrive Multiplier: X1
Hyperdrive Backup: N/A
Nav Computer: Limited to Two Jumps
Space: 12
Atmosphere: 450; 1300km/h
Maneuverability: 3D+2
Hull: 3D+1
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 30/0D
Scan: 50/1D
Search: 75/2D
Focus: 4/4D+1

Weapons:
4 Laser Cannons (Fire-Linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Fire Control: 3D
Space: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5km
Damage: 6D

Enemy Targetting Jammer
Fire Arc: All
Skill: Sensors (works on all Starfighters within range)
Space: 1-3/7/15
Atmosphere Range 100-300/700/1.5km
Damage: -3D from Fire Control

ghtroc720.gif

Craft: Magnificent Bastard
Type: Stock light freighter
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 28 meters
Skill: Space transports: Gthroc Freighter
Crew: 1 to 2 (can coordinate)
Crew Skill: Varies videly
Passengers: 8
Cargo Capacity: 120 metric tons
Consumables: 2 months
Cost: 18,500 (used)
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x3
Hyperdrive Backup: x15
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 1D
Space: 5
Atmosphere: 280; 800 kmh
Hull: 4D
Shields: 1D

Sensors:

Passive: 12/0D
Scan: 25/1D
Search: 35/2D
Focus: 3/3D

Weapons:

Laser Cannon

Fire Arc: Turret
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 1D+2
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 4D

gredavin on

• gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Characters

Character Name: Krema Metyr
    Player: jdarksun
    Species: Human
    Height: 185 cm
    Weight: 80 kg
    Physical Description: Tall and slightly ungainly, like he isn't quite comfortable inside his body. Has a habit of knocking things over when he's nervous. He keeps his light brown hair cropped short and a little disheveled. His skin is fair, and his eyes are a distinct green-flecked blue ("like the oceans of Kalarba", as his mother used to say). He prefers to wear flight suits, mechanic overalls, and Jedi robes to other attire.

Background: Though the galaxy has largely been at an uneasy peace for nearly a century, the Metyr family still feels the effects of the Yuuzhan Vong War. Forced to evacuate their ancestral home on Kalarba, the Metyrs wandered the galaxy for nearly a generation looking for a non-devastated world that shared the dramatic beauty of Kalarba. While the family's memories of the planet have faded over time, their hatred and mistrust of the Vong have not. When Krema was found to be force-sensitive, and decided to join the "new" Jedi Order, his parents Erian and Nithu were devastated. His father disowned him, and this shook the young Krema to his core. He developed a shadow of doubt in himself that even his blossoming Jedi abilities could not dispel, and it lurks in the back of his heart. This began a slow withdrawal into himself, and stunted his social growth. Though it did not slow his studies, it focused them into areas where he wouldn't have to interact with people, and he has grown to almost prefer the company of machines.
    The one exception is lightsaber practice. Building his lightsaber was a spiritual experience for Krema, and he feels a deeper connection to it than almost anything else in the galaxy. When it is by his side, Krema's nerves calm and his stutter virtually disappears - he acts with the confidence he otherwise rarely feels.
    Personality: Quiet, a little unsure of himself around other people. Confident around machines and when holding his lightsaber. He also has a bit of a mischievous streak, and secretly enjoys small pranks that elicit laughter from other Padawans.
    Objectives: While he wouldn't admit it, what he really wants is to prove his self-worth. Krema is driven in his mechanical, technical, and lightsaber studies because of his natural aptitude; he believed that honing these skills will somehow regain his father's love. Recently, however, this desire began to be replaced with a need to prove his worth to himself - despite all that he's accomplished, he doesn't quite believe that he's "good enough" to be a Jedi.
    A Quote: "Hi, I'm K-K-K-Krema. Have we met? You lo-" he extends a handshake a little too quickly, and knocks a nearby hydrospanner to the floor with a clatter. "S-s-sorry."

Dexterity 2d: Dodge 1d, Lightsaber 2d
    Knowledge 2d: (none)
    Mechanical 3d: Astrogation 1d, Starfighter Piloting 2d+2, Starship Gunnery 2d+1, Starship Shields 1d+1.
    Perception 2d: (none)
    Strength 2d: (none)
    Technical 3d: Lightsaber Repair 1d+2, Starfighter Repair 2d, Starship Weapon Repair 1d+2

Control 1d: Accelerate Healing, Concentration, Control Pain
    Sense 1d: Life Detection, Life Sense, Sense Force
    Alter 2d: Telekinesis, Force Lightning

Equipment: Lightsaber, vacuum suit, pocket computer, coveralls, Jedi robes, assorted mechanical and diagnostic tools.

Move: 10m
    Force Points: 2
    Dark Side Points: 0
    Character Points: 5

Character Name: Vii'let
    Player: Infidel
    Species: Twi'lek
    Height: 182 cm
    Weight: 55 kg

viilek.jpg

Physical Description: Tall and well-toned, with purple skin and dark reddish-purple eyes. Inherited much of her mother's physical grace. Wears simple tops and pants accomodating for movement and fighting, and dons her Jedi robe except when it is too restrictive for the more extreme moves. Lekku are carefully wrapped and tied.

Background: Born to an indebted dancer, Vii'let spent her childhood in misery. While left unharmed physically (most of the time), she witnessed the abuse of her mother throughout the years. Her mother's inability to do anything about her situation, just submitting, infuriated Vii'let and earned her most of the disciplining she received. When she was nine years, their owner got involved in business that he very much wished he hadn't, and was destroyed by the Jedi. One of the Jedi recognized the force potential in the young girl, and she was taken to the academy for training, her mother insisting that she go as it was a better life than she could ever give for her. Anger fueled her drive to improve herself. Anger at the owner, the bondage, her mother for abandoning her, for not ever standing against what was wrong. She lost herself in the training, especially the physical, focusing that anger into a fine edge with which to change her destiny. Refusing the fate of a slave, Vii'let studied and practiced and protected herself so that she would never be weak and unable to act like her mother. Over the years her skills sharpened, and the teachings of the Jedi also soothed her soul. The anger that forged her ability was eased and forgotten as time and meditation passed, but it still remains the cancerous root, and Vii'let is vigilantly watching that it does not take hold of her again.

Personality: Confident and disciplined in her physical ability, Vii'let attempts to hold up that appearance. Consciously avoiding any action or words that would show weakness, she can be overwhelming to strangers but is more and more reserved as you get to know her, protecting herself from those who get close. However, she can change gears abruptly when she is after something she wants. Is fond of her nickname, "V".

Objectives: Building her body and will, Vii'let desires nothing else than to be strong. She will stubbornly work her way to this goal to prove to everyone and herself that she is not the slave so many of her people are. She respects and serves the Jedi adamantly for their help and direction in changing her life and will defend them to the last.

A Quote: "Is that it?" grinning sweetly to another padawan during lightsaber practice.

Dexterity 3d: Acrobatics 1d, Dancing 1d, Dodge 1d, Lightsaber 2d
    Knowledge 2d: Languages 1d, Willpower 1d
    Mechanical 1d: Starship Gunnery +1
    Perception 4d: Combat Awareness 1d, Hide 1d, Persuasion 1d, Sneak 1d
    Strength 3d: Brawling 1d, Climbing/Jumping 1d, Stamina 1d
    Technical 1d: (none)

Control 1d+1: Accelerate Healing, Concentration, Control Pain, Force of Will
    Sense 2d: Life Detection, Life Sense, Receptive Telepathy, Sense Force
    Alter 1d: Telekinesis
    Control+Sense: Lightsaber Combat, Projective Telepathy

Equipment: Lightsaber, Jedi robes

Character Points: 7

Character Sheet
    Name: Waric Bendix
    Player: snowin
    Sex: M
    Height: 182cm
    Weight: 85 kg

Physical Description: Medium athletic build, wears his dark hair short to lessen the effect of premature hair loss. He has an ugly scar across his left eye and wears an eye patch to cover the effect. Most often seen wearing combat cut clothes or a black flight suit. Normally he moves like a man who knows what he’s about and what he’s doing, but knows how to slide into other roles as the situation dictates.

Background: If there were corners to the universe, he’s been to them: A one time pirate sometimes smuggler turned Jedi Wannabe. Growing up he loved hearing stories about the Heroes of the Republic, especially Han Solo. Idolizing the man, he too took to the spaceways hoping to follow in his legendary footsteps. “A” led to “B” and through a series of misfortunes and with no other choice but death by Vibroblade he ended up as part of a pirate crew looting small systems and ships. Fighting was a common recreation among the crew members, and he found that he had almost a sixth sense reflex to avoid getting his head creamed. He also found that when he did get hit if he could concentrate hard enough he could somehow shunt the pain aside and keep going where others fell. Several gruesome wounds that would’ve killed most people left him still alive and patched with various cybernetic replacement parts. He never enjoyed pirating and always felt empty and sick after a raid so he saved his share of the loot till he could buy his way out of the pirate business by way of his own vessel. In the footsteps of his idol he somehow found and bought, you guessed it, an ancient, antique, hunk of junk, barely serviceable YT-1300. He sold it to a museum for a tidy little sum, and bought a slightly less antique/ancient/junky Ghtroc Light Freighter, putting his surplus profit into an array of handy upgrades. least his dream was still alive, if he felt dead. He took to smuggling to pay the bills and searching for a Wookie co-pilot (and got pummeled by each Wookie he met). Smuggling didn’t sit right with him either so he went freighter. He was recruited by the order on his first legitimate delivery; a shipment of lightsaber crystals to the temple. When the master Smoow Walsc detected him using some rudimentary force abilities he asked him if he was interested in joining the order as an adviser and freight runner in exchange for further training to develop his latent abilities. Although this meant giving up his search for a Wookie companion, he decided Master Skywalker was a worthy idol also, and decided that might be the best of both worlds.

Quote: “You can do things the right way, or the wrong way…or you can do things my way, which is like the wrong way, only faster.”:

Personality: Waric is onfident in himself and his abilities (except with a lightsaber but he won’t admit it). He’s a bit of a history buff, who enjoys a good laugh after a good drink. He knows a lot about the galaxy, but doesn’t talk much about how he learned it. Hopes to redeem his past misdeeds through dedication to the values of the Jedi Code.

Dexterity: 3d Blaster 2d, Dodge 1d, Lightsaber 1d

Knowledge: 2d Cultures 1d, Streetwise 1d, Value 1d

Mechanical: 2d Shields +1, Sensors +1, Space Transports 2d+1, Starship Gunnery 1d

Perception: 2d Con 1d Combat Awareness 1d Persuasion 1d

Strength: 3d Brawling 1d

Technical: 2d

Force Skills:

Control: 2d Accelerate Healing/Concentration/Control Pain
    Sense: 1d Life Detection/Life Sense/Sense Force
    Control & Sense:Lightsaber Combat

Equipment:
    Lightsaber, Blaster, “lightly used” Jedi Robe, Black Flightsuit, DataPad, Ghtroc Light

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Eralia deCause of Antar
    Player: Reynolds
    Sex: F
    Height: ?
    Weight: ?

Background : Eralia is the latest in a long line of Antarian royalty sent to the Jedi for training. This tradition originated when a Jedi-in-training fled, and his adventures led to the formation of the current Antarian government, with him as its king. In order to maintain peaceful relations with the Jedi, he agreed to return and finish his training before continuing his rule, and would send all his children, all who might inherit the throne, to them for training.

Although at first several children showed prowess, and some even left the royalty to become Jedi themselves, soon the training was merely a formality. The princes and princesses would learn humility, hard work, peace, and other commendable traits. Eralia was prepared to train her body and mind and accept a few years of humbleness before returning to her empire to await her throne. Surprisingly, she discovered she was much more talented than any Antarian royalty in recent memory.

Her father died earlier in her life, but her mother was recently assassinated, in order to allow her Aunt to rise to power, and shift the line of succession to her own daughter. Her Aunt had trained for a very breif period of time, and hated the Jedi. She was quite willing to sever the relationship in exchange for her newfound position within the Empire. There are still many within the Antarian royalty that respect the Jedi and would assist Eralia, but they are forced to hold their tounges, fearing for their own lives.

Personality : Eralia is a good person, but tends to be a bit too proud of her family. She was accused of being 'snooty' by many of the other girls in training. She might respond rudely, but she usually wishes no harm. However, the more she is pushed, the more serious she becomes. Her kind heart has been further strengthened by her training, but the murder of her mother has continued to push her towards feelings of anger and hate. She's determined to return home to free her people. If she fails...it would be better to die as a princess than live as a pauper, she believes.

Description : She's very short, only about 5'2" or maybe 5'3" at the most, although most of her height is in her long legs. She seems to be able to draw herself up to tower over anyone she's having to deal with. Her skin was rather pale, but has tanned a bit due to the work she's been doing. She was a bit pudgy and spoiled when she first arrived, but has slimmed over the years. She's quite impressed with her toned condition, and is very proud of her looks, even if she's not as strong or tough as most of the other student. Although it's quite small and perhaps even pretty, most people she meets would describe her nose as upturned, because of her tendancy to glare down at them.

Her dark, glossy, black hair is kept mid-lenth, following the line of her chin and jaw around the back of her head. A lock of hair on either side frames her face, kept almost twice as long as the rest of her hair. These pieces are dyed a shockingly deep, bright purple that matches her distinctive eyes. The hair was actually altered at a young age to permanantly grow this color. Traditionally, the color of her eyes and hair sets her royal colors, and purple is considered to be a very rare, ominous shade. Her standard is a purple Antarian flower on a black backdrop, while her mother's was a pale, blue crescent moon on the same dark background. She adopted purple as the color for her lightsaber as well, and seems almost obsessed with it.

Objective : She wants to return to her home planet, take her rightful place on the throne, and use her influence to fight off the Sith and rescue the Jedi. She's also secretly planning the revenge slaying of her Aunt.

Quote : "Such disrespect! A thousand deaths would still be too merciful."

Dexterity 2d : Dodge 1d, Lightsaber 1d
    Knowledge 3d : Alien Species 1d, Bureauracy 1d, Cultures 1d, Law Enforcement 1d, Planetary Systems 1d, Scholar 1d, Willpower 1d
    Mechanical 2d :
    Perception 3d : Command 1d, Hide 1d, Persuasion 1d, Sneak 1d
    Strength 2d :
    Technical 2d : First Aid 1d

Alter 1d: Telekinesis
    Control 1d: Accelerate Healing, Concentration, Control Pain,
    Sense 2d: Life Detection, Life Sense, Lightsaber Combat, Sense Force, Telepathy (Receive and Send)

Equipment : Royal jewelery/clothing, disguised clothing, lightsaber

Force Points : 2
    Dark Side Points : 0
    Character Points : 5

gredavin on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jedi you say?

Can I get in on this, too?

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2006
    If you can stick to my requirements to play, yes you can. Also, life would be much easier if you had access to the books.

gredavin on
    edited December 2006
    gredavin wrote:
    If you can stick to my requirements to play, yes you can. Also, life would be much easier if you had access to the books.

We, I'll can definitely do more than four post a week. I'm sort of worried that my posts won't be verbose enough, though.

Have my post in your [Learn On] game been verbose enough for your taste?

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2006
    I would be looking for something more in depth than the learn on game, I want this game to be for players who can develop interesting characters, dialogue and make the game lively.

If you think you can do that (take a look at jdarksun's posts in the Life after the bomb for a sample of what I'm looking for), then let me know.

gredavin on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    :^: I will be following your progress intently!

INeedNoSalt on
    edited December 2006
    gredavin wrote:
    If you think you can do that (take a look at jdarksun's posts in the Life after the bomb for a sample of what I'm looking for), then let me know.

Ok. I see what you want. I'll try to be interesting, lively, etc.

Also, what edition was the last WE book? 2nd?

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2006
    The one pictured is 2nd edition, revised and expanded. PRetty similiar to 2nd ed., just a few combat tweaks. (like adding the ability to reactive dodge.)

I have a document that I'll also be using for the game, a sort of skill tree that allows you to gain abilities in certain skills when you reach a specified ability level.

I don't have it at home, so we'll have to wait until Tuesday to get it.

Alright, so Al Baron is in, I'll create a thread here over the weekend on PA for IC stuff. All OOC can go here.

Please discuss character concepts, and lets flesh out some interesting PC's shall we?

gredavin on
  • DraugDraug Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Are will still enforcing maximum 2D in skills?

Anyway, I'm going to be playing an arabian-style space-nomad teenager turned jedi apprentice. Very philosophical and poetic trainee. :P

Draug on
    edited December 2006
    Draug,

I believe jdarksun just added his skill and attribute together for the skill total.

(3d Dex + 2d Blaster = 5d, so he puts 5d for blaster)

For ease of readability, can you please post the numbers before adding them together, like so:

Attribute#1 3d

Skill #1 2d
    Skill #2 1d

When you gain character points, its easier to remember how much it costs to raise the individual skill that way. (If your base Blaster skill is 2d, it only costs 2 Character Points to raise it a pip, rather than 5 CP, even though that is your total all added together)

gredavin on
    edited December 2006
    Hm. The system looks easy enough.

Anyway, my character is going to be really diligent about developing his understanding of the Force and is pretty unforgiving with himself in that aspect. Think workaholic. Surprisingly enough, this doesn't extend toward his peers' progress.

He's not sure why he's so driven, to be honest.
    [spoiler:4542c91876]Could be that, unbeknownst to him, one of his ancestors was a Jedi (Prequel era.) Who also happen to fall to the Dark Side. D:
    Since he's the first one since then, he unconsciously making up for that.
    Yeah, unconsciously. I'm sure the Force can explain that.[/spoiler:4542c91876]

This is still rough and I haven't look into my stats yet, but hey, it's a start. :D

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Alexan DriteAlexan Drite Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You know, I've never played a successful Starwars RPG campaign. Can you play as a droid or is it Jedi only?

Alexan Drite on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You know, I've never played a successful Starwars RPG campaign. Can you play as a droid or is it Jedi only?
    You will be playing Jedi characters...

I was sorta interested in the last SW game that popped up here. But I don't think it went anywhere. A bit slower pace of PbP might be good. But I'm not a SW lore geek and I don't have the books. Oh well. Interesting, though.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited December 2006
    I should also add that if you are playing a human your minimum/maximum for Attributes is 2d/4d.

darksun, you'll have to make a few changes.

gredavin on
  • Alexan DriteAlexan Drite Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Reynolds wrote:

I was sorta interested in the last SW game that popped up here. But I don't think it went anywhere. A bit slower pace of PbP might be good. But I'm not a SW lore geek and I don't have the books. Oh well. Interesting, though.
    Now to impress you with my knowledge of the Force.
    Skippy

No seriously, Droids are cool, and an essential part of Star Warsness and one of the few books for weg I own is the droid one (Excellent book btw) (and 2nd edition of course).
    I don't even know if I want to play, I was just seeing if it was possible to play a droid, or if this was going to be a Jedi only campaign.

Alexan Drite on
    edited December 2006
    Reynolds wrote:

Now to impress you with my knowledge of the Force.
    Skippy

No seriously, Droids are cool, and an essential part of Star Warsness and one of the few books for weg I own is the droid one (Excellent book btw) (and 2nd edition of course).
    I don't even know if I want to play, I was just seeing if it was possible to play a droid, or if this was going to be a Jedi only campaign.

I suppose then that I should point out that I ignore the explanation of the force and how it works from the prequels.

The force is not dna, its a spiritual energy.

So, droids cannot be Jedi. ;)

gredavin on
  • DeVryGuyDeVryGuy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh man, in so hard if you're not already full up. I just got this source book from my uncle a week ago.

DeVryGuy on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5369 6910 9799
    FFTSig.jpg
    edited January 2007
    Da stat spread:

Dexterity: 2D
    Blaster: 2D
    Lightsaber: 2D
    Melee Parry: 2D

Mechanical: 2D

Technical: 3D
    Lightsaber Repair: 1D
    First Aid: 1D
    Medicine: 1D

Knowledge: 2D
    Law Enforcement: 1D
    Streetwise: 1D
    Bureaucracy: 1D

Perception: 3D
    Persuasion: 1D
    Investigation: 1D

Strength: 2D

Control: 2D
    Sense: 1D

I'm thinking something of a hybrid Doctor/Detective.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2007
    For those who haven't played this system, it's very very simple.

Like d20, the GM assigns difficulties for tasks, ranging from 1 (easy as apple pie) to 40 or higher (Good Luck, biatch).

You add your base Attribute to the required skill and roll that number of six sided dice. One of those dice is a wild die, and in table top games is often a different colour from the other dice. Should this come up a 1, either you lose that dice, plus the highest other dice rolled, OR the GM creates a complication. (You manage to steal the information from the computer, but trigger a silent alarm by accident.) If it comes up a 6, add it normally, roll it again and add that number to the total as well. If you keep rolling 6's, keep adding and keep rolling until it comes up as something else.

When you come up against an opponent or some other task that has a chance of 'fighting back' (a stormtrooper or an IC program on a computer.) all difficulties are based on opposed rolls.

Bob fires his blaster at Stormtrooper Gil.

Bob- Blaster 4d
    Gil- Dodge 3d.

They roll off. The higher wins. Should Bob hit Gil, his weapon will also have a damage dice code. Gil rolls his base Strength attribute to resist damage.

Bob - Blaster Rifle 5d
    Gil - Strength 2d

The difference is the damage done, consulting the chart below.

0-3: Stunned (lose 1d on all checks for current and next round)
    4-8: Wounded(lose 1d on all checks until healed. Can take up to two wounds before falling into next category)
    9-12: Incapacitated(Fall unconscious for 10d6 minutes)
    13-15: Mortally Wounded(Every round you are MW, you 2d6. If that number comes up less than the number of rounds you are MW, you die.)
    16: Dead.

Combat rounds are simple as well. Each round is broken up into 4 actions, should the players choose to take that many. Both 'sides' in the conflict roll their highest Perception (or Combat Awareness) skill and the higher decides who goes first.

If the winner decides to go first, he and all his allies declare their actions for the round. If they let the other side go first, the other side declares their actions for the round, followed by the winner's side.

You may declare up to four actions in a single round, however, each action after the first constitutes a -1d penalty to ALL actions for the entire round. (So, taking 4 Blaster shots means you would suffer -3d to all shots.)

The round goes down like this:

All players take their first action. If some characters declared more than one action, then proceed to second actions. Once all second actions are finished, you move onto the third and fourth if necessary.

That's enough tutorial for now. Get those characters up. (Look at the character sheet link and fill those in on your posted characters. Backgrounds, personality, etc)

gredavin on
  • snowinsnowin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hey all,
    I am here so don't fret about the non-poster...yet. Still contemplating what I want to do with my PC I should have it sorted by tomorrow. I'm thinking skilled pilot/combat jedi agile/melee/tech spec(I know I know, what can I say I'm a pilot) tempted to be a wookie too though. As for character, depends. Open to input.

snowin on
    edited January 2007
    snowin wrote:
    ...tempted to be a wookie too though.
    If my 'shop-fu was greater, you'd have a picture of Lucas saying 'No!' here.

Anyway, seems like jdarksun is rocking the pilot thing, so your PC might be redundant. I'm going the hybrid doctor/detective route. I don't know what Draug's role will be. No one declared themselves a full-on fighter yet. You could also be the diplomat of the group.

Character-wise, I don't know.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2007
    My guy's going to be a telepath and warrior type.

With Gred as the GM though, I doubt we'll have the need for any "tanks". Also, it's not a really Star Wars-y role to fill...

Draug on
    edited January 2007
    Hmmm...Draug's Poetic Philosopher Telepathic Warrior sounds pretty diplomatic! :wink:
    arabian-style space-nomad teenager turned jedi apprentice. Very philosophical and poetic trainee.

No, jdarksun can stay as is :)

I'll go more combat oriented/fighter. Very disciplined mind/body, very long slow-burning fuse as far as his temper is concerned. More of a tactful strategic fighter than a tank blunderer, or at least tries to be. Speaks when needed, but otherwise tries to make his actions speak louder.

This is only my second PbP RPG so any suggestions/advice/comments re:character creation would be cool.

Stats Forthcoming....

snowin on
    edited January 2007
    Gred,

What are the age limits/character creation profile guides you had in mind?
    Young Apprentice types? (someone kinda asked this question but it wasn't answered yet I don't think)
    Doesn't matter?
    Your powers are weak old man?

snowin on
    edited January 2007
    A few notes about how I run this system:

Many force powers have required rolls necessary to activate them. I ignore this rule, figuring if you have been trained enough to get the skill, you can always get it to work. (Unless the situation is overtly stressful). Any Force Power that is not directly affecting another entity other than yourself can be used without any dice rolling.

Also, I really simplify the powers as well. Telekinesis for example is a rather restricted skill in the regular game. In my game, you can use it for anything really, force choking someone, force push, helping you jump higher, etc. Telepathy is broken up into numerous categories in the normal rulesset, but I make it one skill under Sense.

Using Force Powers will mainly be for story flavour, and if you have any questions just ask. For the most part, just go with whatever and if I feel you are taking too much liberty, I'll let you know.

Also, I'll need your email addy's so I can send you the file with homebrew abilities.

gredavin on
    edited January 2007
    If everyone could please add in the items I requested for their characters, I am going to be posting up the IC thread here right away, but Ineed a feel for the dynamic of characters before I do.

At least some background and personality so i have something to go on.

gredavin on
    edited January 2007
    Character Name: Kynn Tamnan
    Player: Draug
    Sex: Male
    Height: 175 cm
    Weight: 65 kg

Physical Description: Slight and agile, with the stringy muscles of someone who grew up under harsh conditions. Possesses a very calm, smooth demeanor most of the time, but looks all people straight in the eye. Keeps his black hair relatively short, and maintains his hygiene strictly.
    Background: Grew up on the streets, and became part of an anti-Republican terrorist organization fighting for system independence, but in reality where little but bandits. Showed a natural talent for separating truths from lies, as well as detecting ambushes and tails. Participated in several violent interrogations and sabotage missions. Jedi destroyed the terrorists when he was eight, and took him with them. Since then, he has been studying with them, and also tried to understand the galaxy at large.
    Personality: Calm, silent and polite most of the time, often perceived as a bit shy. Can be witty and sarcastic in the company of friends, but is fiercely loyal to anyone he perceives as family. Cold and merciless towards enemies, a remnant of his past. Sees betrayal for the betterment of oneself as the highest sin. Has done and seen some pretty bad stuff in his life, and is unlikely to flinch from fear or brutality.
    Objectives: Hopes to be able to utilize his new skills with his old ones in order to keep any friends safe and the Jedi order – his adopted family – strong. Cares little for the Republic, which is nothing but a distant behemoth to him. Hopes to prove to his mentor that sometimes, the ends can justify the means, and will quote the ancient Jedi Horn's words: “There are gray zones, even in the force. There is not only black and white”. Wants to become an investigator on his own.
    A Quote:

Dexterity 3D: Dodge 1D, Lightsaber 1D
    Knowledge 2D: Alien Species 1D, Streetwise 1D, Torture 1D, Willpower 1D
    Mechanical 2D: No skills
    Perception 3D: Con 1D, Hide 1D, Investigation 1D, Persuasion 1D, Sneak 1D
    Strength 2D: No skills
    Technical 2D: Demolitions 1D, First Aid 1D, Security 1D

Alter 1D: Telekinesis
    Control 1D: Accelerate Healing, Concentration, Control Pain,
    Sense 2D: Life Detection, Life Sense, Lightsaber Combat, Sense Force, Telepathy (Receive and Send)

Equipment: Lightsaber, spring knife, commlink, jedi robes, a few personal belongings

Move: 10 m
    Weapons: Lightsaber, spring knife

Draug on
    edited January 2007
    Nyahaha! Yess, fall for my evil machinations!

What? Not yet? What do you mean, "not yet"?

Oooh, riiiight. Eh, sorry about that...

Anyway, I need to add a few empty lines and find a better quote. :P

Draug on
    edited January 2007
    Sorry guys, my 3 week old son has been in the hospital for the last 2 days with RSV and I haven't had net access other than at work. I will try to get it all up today, but it's shaping up to be a busy day at work here. Hopefully my little guy gets to go home tonight :P

~snowin

snowin on
    edited January 2007
    Take your time man. Hope your son recovers quickly. Here's to health!

Draug on
    edited January 2007
    Fellas,

We'll be using Invisible Castle for dice rolling. For the Wild Die mechanic, the first number of each set is the wild dice. If it comes up a '1', subtract the highest dice, plus the wild dice and then add up your total.

Link:
    http://invisiblecastle.com/rolldice.py

gredavin on
    edited January 2007
    You have just witness the longest thing I have written here. Rejoice. I hope Daniel Ravine's piece wasn't too confusing. Also, I'll finish my bio later. I need sleep.

Anyway, about the investigators: were they the only ones that went missing? Should we know about the status of the Temple at Coruscant?

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2007
    A request: Can people disable their sigs in the IC thread? It's a nice thing I see done in most other PbPs on the other forums I PbP in. Keeps things cleaner.

Draug on
    edited January 2007
    Ooh, a bully in the school! And he's picking on one of us nice guys! This is almost like Harry Potter...

Just kidding, of course. :P

Draug on
    edited January 2007
    Draug wrote:
    Ooh, a bully in the school! And he's picking on one of us nice guys! This is almost like Harry Potter...

Just kidding, of course. :P

He's wearing a red shirt, though. :D

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2007
    Gents,

Sorry about the late response to the Jedi Council question. When Emperor Fel took power, the Council moved all their resources to Ossus. That happened nearly a year ago, and everyone was made aware of it.

Draug,

BIte me, you're playing a bunch of teenagers ;)

gredavin on
    edited January 2007
    gredavin wrote:
    Gents,

Sorry about the late response to the Jedi Council question. When Emperor Fel took power, the Council moved all their resources to Ossus. That happened nearly a year ago, and everyone was made aware of it.

But the Temple's still somewhat active, right?

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2007
    Not on Coruscant, there are no Jedi on the planet, other than the investigators sent there. (IF they are still on Coruscant ;))

gredavin on
    edited January 2007
    What about Yavin IV? Any Jedi there?

Draug on
    edited January 2007
    Sure.

But MOST of em are here.

gredavin on