As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ikariam: Burning the World, one kitty at a time

• MarlinspikeMarlinspike Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Posca has requested to join PAX on Delta.

Is it considered bad taste to hark my wares using the message everybody function in diplomacy, or should I do that here?

Marlinspike on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    tachyon wrote: »
    Sorry Turtleboy,

It seems the town I sent the 3K wine was under blockade. This probably happen while the shipment was enroute, since you did not indicate you were under attack.

Anywho, let me know where to resend. I'll be more than happy to send it no charge, as I am planning my vengeance on Squad11 (53:25). Spies are on their way, but from the score, it looks like a sweet target anyway.

# Name: Squad 11
    # Town size: 17
    # Player: Matt_1863
    # Ally: B11
    # Total Score:10,597
    # Military Score:26,632
    # Gold Score:1,276,519 (34,721)

Let me know where you want your shipment. =)

Just an update, I'm not going to be able to hit this guy tonight, but here is what he has as of tonight

Troops in Squad 11
    Unit Quantity
    Slinger 10
    Swordsman 10
    Phalanx 10
    Ram 5
    Archer 15
    Fleets in Squad 11
    Ship Quantity
    Ram-Ship 7
    Ballista Ship 13

So be fairly easy to crack.

For great justice!

Yea, I'd been hitting another one of his colonies for the past few days. He was defense-less at S11 Wine @ 52:25 and his blockade came from Squad 11 @ 53:25. I've asked for my resources to be returned and I'll give him one more day like I promised, but after that I'll get the resources back one way or another.

Karenna wrote: »
    Tamorlane wrote: »
    Mith wrote: »

There's a little randomness in the amount of damage produced. How big were these assault teams? Borderline victory or decisive victory?

I was using my zero mil formation of 10 swords, 5 archers, 1 ram, 1 cook (1 spy inside). The walls were all 60% bonus or less, and I was hitting him with no losses over the past few days. I could take getting beat down by a wall, I guess, but the empty combat report kind of threw me off.

What? Man, I pillage inactives/zero mil scores with 2 swordsmen!
    What you sent is way overkill, and there's no way they should have lost...

Are you sure that your attack didn't land at the same time of a previous attack? If you hit a target too closely to one of your previous attacks the battle report will be blank.

Burtletoy on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, uh, I might be starting a war with BUND. :P

I dunno, it's never come up. I guess we'll find out together!
    On the 14.05.2008 6:16 CzechitOut wrote::
    > What are you going to do when the rest of my alliance comes and pillages you relentlessly?
    > On the 14.05.2008 6:16 Skarsol wrote::
    > > I will savor every minute of anticipation.
    > > On the 14.05.2008 6:12 CzechitOut wrote::
    > > > you do know its going to take 8 hrs before you get here to block my ports right?
    > > > On the 14.05.2008 5:27 Skarsol wrote::
    > > > > No worries, I can always make more manz. :P
    > > > > On the 14.05.2008 5:20 CzechitOut wrote::
    > > > > > Alas just dont be pissed when you dont get anything for all your troubles :)
    > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 5:18 Skarsol wrote::
    > > > > > > Alas, I'm not.
    > > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 5:11 CzechitOut wrote::
    > > > > > > > Tell me you are kidding
    > > > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 5:10 Skarsol wrote::
    > > > > > > > > It's up to you. :P
    > > > > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 5:09 CzechitOut wrote::
    > > > > > > > > > You want me to write a freakin poem? Are you high?
    > > > > > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 5:08 Skarsol wrote::
    > > > > > > > > > > I gave you your options.
    > > > > > > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 5:06 CzechitOut wrote::
    > > > > > > > > > > > So How long am I going to have to put up with this shit?
    > > > > > > > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 5:02 Skarsol wrote::
    > > > > > > > > > > > > Your score is about the same as mine. :P
    > > > > > > > > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 4:58 CzechitOut wrote::
    > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sounds like you need a bigger army to take on a reputable foe
    > > > > > > > > > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 4:54 Skarsol wrote::
    > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Alas, that is not the case.
    > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 4:52 CzechitOut wrote::
    > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > For all that distance you have to travel, you really arent getting much, Im sure you could find some flunky closer to you with even more resources to take
    > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 4:49 Skarsol wrote::
    > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > As long as you are such a juicy target, no. Alternatively, if you can compose a poem of at least 100 words on the subject of cats and either the joys they bring to life or the wrath they inflict when angered I'll stop. :)
    > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 1:46 CzechitOut wrote::
    > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Think you could give up pillaging the hell out of me now?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    LOL

it'll be worth it

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Sorry Turtleboy,

It seems the town I sent the 3K wine was under blockade. This probably happen while the shipment was enroute, since you did not indicate you were under attack.

Anywho, let me know where to resend. I'll be more than happy to send it no charge, as I am planning my vengeance on Squad11 (53:25). Spies are on their way, but from the score, it looks like a sweet target anyway.

# Name: Squad 11
    # Town size: 17
    # Player: Matt_1863
    # Ally: B11
    # Total Score:10,597
    # Military Score:26,632
    # Gold Score:1,276,519 (34,721)

Let me know where you want your shipment. =)

Just an update, I'm not going to be able to hit this guy tonight, but here is what he has as of tonight

Troops in Squad 11
    Unit Quantity
    Slinger 10
    Swordsman 10
    Phalanx 10
    Ram 5
    Archer 15
    Fleets in Squad 11
    Ship Quantity
    Ram-Ship 7
    Ballista Ship 13

So be fairly easy to crack.

For great justice!

Yea, I'd been hitting another one of his colonies for the past few days. He was defense-less at S11 Wine @ 52:25 and his blockade came from Squad 11 @ 53:25. I've asked for my resources to be returned and I'll give him one more day like I promised, but after that I'll get the resources back one way or another.

I guess I have a spy in S11 Crystal @ 52:26 as well, which is an undefended with a level 7 port a level 4 town wall no barracks and a level 3 shipyard. Guess I'll hit that and the wine colony a few times tonite while he isn't on with just a gunman or two then break into his capital tomorrow.

I have a spy in every one of his cities! :)

Update: Still no barracks in defense-less S11 Wine @ 52:25 even after my multiple attacks and all his forces seem to be at his capital as far as I can tell.

Burtletoy on
    edited May 2008
    He cut-n-pasted a cat poem from the web. I rejected it.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited May 2008
    At least he tried, can't say I never plagiarized in elementary school when I knew 10x more things about computers and the internet than any of the teachers at my school.

Burtletoy on
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm debating kickstarting my military just to make people write me cat poems. Probally after I make this level 4 Palace and start a crystal colony.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    skarsol wrote: »
    [SNIP]I dunno, it's never come up. I guess we'll find out together![/SNIP]

Sounds like a good time! The one time I've been attacked it was a naval battle only, and I lost, but he didn't blockade me and no attempt was made to pillage. I was disappointed.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    edited May 2008
    Now he's trying to lie about it. So sad...

Oh, then you must be Beatrice?
    (http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:J4S5uteYTJUJ:www.catster.com/forums/other_posts.php%3Fp%3D11%26c%3D9563%26st%3Dfamily%26pet_id%3D112619%26user_id%3D%26keyword%3D+%22In+sunlit+lands,+in+hotter+climes,%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us)
    On the 14.05.2008 6:43 CzechitOut wrote::
    > copy and paste puhlease, Im an English major I wouldnt stoop so low as to knock off some lackey
    > On the 14.05.2008 6:42 Skarsol wrote::
    > > No sir. I said compose, not copy and paste. The cats are angry!
    > > On the 14.05.2008 6:40 CzechitOut wrote::
    > > > Heres a lame ass cat poem to save you from your troubles, your lucky I have cats
    > > > In sunlit lands, in hotter climes,
    > > > long long ago, in other times,
    > > > I ruled in temples rich with gold
    > > > snd Pharoahs came, and warriors bold,
    > > > with tribute and with gifts implore
    > > > that I should bless them with my paw.
    > > > My whiskers twitched: and in a trice
    > > > breast of duck, or honey'd mice,
    > > > the Nile's gift of silver fish
    > > > I deigned to eat from golden dish.
    > > > On swansdown soft I took my rest...
    > > > of all things good I had the best.
    > > > I died: and all in linen wrapped,
    > > > with Lapis rare my limbs were lapped.
    > > > My priestess mourned with shaven head
    > > > the passing of her honoured dead;
    > > > but shortly turned with joy to greet
    > > > the next kit fit for Bastet's seat.
    > > > For I am Cat - with each rebirth
    > > > I reaffirm my ties with Earth.
    > > > Though crumbled dust is Egypt's might,
    > > > and other empires strive and fight,
    > > > I still am Cat - and by Bast's Will
    > > > I am Divine, and worshipped still.
    > > > On the 14.05.2008 6:32 Skarsol wrote::
    > > > > Some risks you just have to take.
    > > > > On the 14.05.2008 6:28 CzechitOut wrote::
    > > > > > You are really willing to risk all of that huh
    > > > > > On the 14.05.2008 6:27 Skarsol wrote::
    > > > > > > I dunno, it's never come up. I guess we'll find out together!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm Voro over at 15:65. Please don't rape me. And with that out of the way, when should I go about joining a PA alliance? I won't be able to offer much for a while, since I'm only just waiting for Well Digging to finish. I've got crystal native to my island if that matters, but I'm not sure how developed it is. Highest people on this island are a L12 and a L4, so it can't be that developed. Hell, the lumber mill is only L2.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
    edited May 2008
    Build 1 ram ship and it is likely that no one will bother you unless you start shit. It takes too much planning to coordinate a blockade and a landing force in my opinion.

Burtletoy on
  • KingthlayerKingthlayer Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I tire of the travel distance between my marble colony and my others. I'm packing up and moving to the 2X:2X area.

Kingthlayer on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm so glad no one has decided to attack me yet. The discrepancy between my town hall level and my wall level is so enormous. D:

Kris on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If Honor fucks with you, let me know. Their leader and I are on good terms, I think. He'll get the guy to stop I imagine.

captaink on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, Catapult ships are a bitch. I haven't really bothered due to the massive time investment, but now I'm reconsidering.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ok Turtle/RU/Darian, I am in negotiations with darklordsgsx for the procurement of a cat poem. I don't know if he will deliver, but I live in hope. The dialogue so far:
    I tell you what, I like you, and I like your style. So I will make you an offer to give you some much needed peace of mind. If you can write me a short poem (say 100 words) about the simple joys of cat ownership I'll get Turtleback off your back.
    How does this sound to a man of some (not inconsiderable I hope!) literary talent like yourself?
    On the 14.05.2008 2:31 darklordsgx wrote::
    > According to your writing, I can tell that you are an inteligent human being. The only thing that I do not understand is why would an inteligent person like you be attacking me without making sure that I am the person who, for instance, insulted you, a member of your alliance or one of your friends. When you come back, please try to answer why you attacked me and why did your alliance member, Turtleboy, attack me just because my resources are ~2000 and and have about no defense. Just so you know, I do not want to fight, if you are trying to start a war with my future alliance or my old alliance, it will not happen. If you are attacking me just because Turtleboy couldn't take my town, its sad. I do not ask for help unless I am in urgent need of it, and here's the answer to your problem, my writing proposal doesn't fit in your project at all, but it fits in the catogory about things that you have done. I hope you understand the feelings that I am currently feeling after I got attacked from Turtleboy 2 times for no reason, then you, a much greater attack force.
    > On the 14.05.2008 1:39 Kalkino wrote::
    > > That is a challenging question, I don't mind admitting! But I got to shoot off for an hour, so I'll have to get back to you on it, sorry. In the meantime can you at least give some thought to how your writing proposal fits in with my project?
    > > On the 14.05.2008 1:20 darklordsgx wrote::
    > > > No...so that's the reason why you attacked me?
    > > > On the 14.05.2008 1:18 Kalkino wrote::
    > > > >
    > > > > I am trying to break into the Literary Agent market and I'm looking for new poets to represent. Why, are you a poet of some kind?
    > > > > On the 13.05.2008 22:27 darklordsgx wrote::
    > > > > > Why did you attack my town?...

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    this. this is what ikariam should be about.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • MarlinspikeMarlinspike Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If anyone in the 2x:2x area has some marble and wouldn't mind trading for some sulfur in exchange, that would be great.

Marlinspike on
    edited May 2008
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Ok Turtle/RU/Darian, I am in negotiations with darklordsgsx for the procurement of a cat poem. I don't know if he will deliver, but I live in hope. The dialogue so far:
    I tell you what, I like you, and I like your style. So I will make you an offer to give you some much needed peace of mind. If you can write me a short poem (say 100 words) about the simple joys of cat ownership I'll get Turtleback off your back.
    How does this sound to a man of some (not inconsiderable I hope!) literary talent like yourself?
    On the 14.05.2008 2:31 darklordsgx wrote::
    > According to your writing, I can tell that you are an inteligent human being. The only thing that I do not understand is why would an inteligent person like you be attacking me without making sure that I am the person who, for instance, insulted you, a member of your alliance or one of your friends. When you come back, please try to answer why you attacked me and why did your alliance member, Turtleboy, attack me just because my resources are ~2000 and and have about no defense. Just so you know, I do not want to fight, if you are trying to start a war with my future alliance or my old alliance, it will not happen. If you are attacking me just because Turtleboy couldn't take my town, its sad. I do not ask for help unless I am in urgent need of it, and here's the answer to your problem, my writing proposal doesn't fit in your project at all, but it fits in the catogory about things that you have done. I hope you understand the feelings that I am currently feeling after I got attacked from Turtleboy 2 times for no reason, then you, a much greater attack force.
    > On the 14.05.2008 1:39 Kalkino wrote::
    > > That is a challenging question, I don't mind admitting! But I got to shoot off for an hour, so I'll have to get back to you on it, sorry. In the meantime can you at least give some thought to how your writing proposal fits in with my project?
    > > On the 14.05.2008 1:20 darklordsgx wrote::
    > > > No...so that's the reason why you attacked me?
    > > > On the 14.05.2008 1:18 Kalkino wrote::
    > > > >
    > > > > I am trying to break into the Literary Agent market and I'm looking for new poets to represent. Why, are you a poet of some kind?
    > > > > On the 13.05.2008 22:27 darklordsgx wrote::
    > > > > > Why did you attack my town?...

Someone complained about me? Why?

Burtletoy on
    edited May 2008
    Probably someone wasn't used to being wanged.

Kingthlayer on
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Unashamedly posting only to mark this thread.

Carry on.

Legba on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Chalk up another dozen or so Flamethrower ships to 'ol RU.

That boy won't be blockading anyone for a while.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    CmdPrompt wrote: »
    Massing ballistas isn't going to do it, I tried that only to have them get slaughtered by his catapult ships. All of my other towns are building catapult ships but they take forever to finish.
    Got co-ords for this guy? I am intrigued
    I'm not really asking for help since he has 140k military, but you're welcome to try.
    007 / 16:24 / Kingston

He withdrew, don't attack him.

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, moving colonies is time-consuming. I think it will be worth it, though.

Linden on
    edited May 2008
    Linden wrote: »
    Well, moving colonies is time-consuming. I think it will be worth it, though.

That's my hope.

I've placed some of my marble for sale on 24:22 in order to fund the movement of my troops to my new capital.

Kingthlayer on
  • CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    If Honor fucks with you, let me know. Their leader and I are on good terms, I think. He'll get the guy to stop I imagine.

Missed this, I assume you asked him to stop.

I've been pillaging Honor inactives, should that be a problem?

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Slowly trying to put together a good cushion of diplomacy points, unfortunately, the only place I still have a lowish level embassy is Rhenius over by former EPA, where it takes me 26 hours to ship marble, grr. I'll get back to you guys on what I'll need there after I finish upgrading my Governor's mansion finally.

Kane Red Robe on
  • LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I found 4 hours bad enough. 26? Eww.

I miss my inactive target... I should have beaten him more when I had the chance.

Linden on
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My next colony is going on 50:50, I think an alliance leader has an obligation to try and be as accessible to the alliance as possible.

Either that or somewhere in WPAX, but I dunno whether absorbing 20+ guys is super feasible.

Kane Red Robe on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't think it is feasible to absorb WPAX, as things currently stand, perhaps if the mechanics or costs change in a good way we could, but right now it seems a lot of work just to get all the alliance letters the same. We could get the same effect by putting a note in each alliance's page "allied with XPAX", which wouldn't require you to invest massive resources.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • TamorlaneTamorlane Gnnr The Halls of MontezumaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Are you sure that your attack didn't land at the same time of a previous attack? If you hit a target too closely to one of your previous attacks the battle report will be blank.

Not possible. Target was 5 hours away and the waves were 8 hours apart. Well, I guess in Ikariam, anything is technically possible....

Tamorlane on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Logistics is done, saving me about 600 gold an hour and putting me into the black.

Time to build a second Grand Army on my Ares colony.

Scooter on
  • BulwarkBulwark Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My next colony is going on 50:50, I think an alliance leader has an obligation to try and be as accessible to the alliance as possible.

Either that or somewhere in WPAX, but I dunno whether absorbing 20+ guys is super feasible.
    As someone located fairly centrally, let me assure you that it makes you equally inaccessible to everyone.

Bulwark on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, there's a free spot at 24:21.

If there isn't any objection, I'd like to fill it.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Steel Angel mentioned something about the gamma server; I'd like to toss out the reminder that PAers are playing on each of the ikariam.com servers.

Alpha: Darian and Hellbunny in IST
    Beta: Everyone in NPAX and WPAX
    Gamma: Charlemagne (cmdprmpt), taliesinamicus (Darian), OverlordCuddles (Hellbunny) in PARC
    Delta: Darian et al. in PAX; about 17 of us so far; TheCapn is also on the server in another alliance
    Epsilon: Tamorlane, Hellbunny et al. in PAX

@Al: Fill away. I don't want to see anyone not us take slots that open up.

A moment of silence for Bruised, who has disappeared from the server.
    Also, I fully expect Akira to be deleted on the 17th, unless he returns before then. That would open up a slot on NPAX marble, 24:22. So if you're looking to expand soon, might want to time it to grab that slot.

Darian on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    @Al: Fill away. I don't want to see anyone not us take slots that open up.
    Done. It's pretty far out, but I've been thinking of relocating, anyway.

I should probably apply to NPAX too since I have an embassy and all.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    Aw shit I forgot about my account on the Delta server. Sorry about that.

Kingthlayer on
  • APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Finally heading towards my 4th Colony. Marble. I'll have 2 marble now and one Wine/Crystal. Sulfur can come later.

I think I'm gonna upgrade my palaces/govorners offices BEFORE planting the new colony. Good idea?

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Finally heading towards my 4th Colony. Marble. I'll have 2 marble now and one Wine/Crystal. Sulfur can come later.

I think I'm gonna upgrade my palaces/govorners offices BEFORE planting the new colony. Good idea?

The impact of corruption is not high enough to offset the growth and additional resources you'll gain from getting the colony in and expanding.

devoir on