As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ikariam: Burning the World, one kitty at a time

• APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    devoir wrote: »
    Finally heading towards my 4th Colony. Marble. I'll have 2 marble now and one Wine/Crystal. Sulfur can come later.

I think I'm gonna upgrade my palaces/govorners offices BEFORE planting the new colony. Good idea?

The impact of corruption is not high enough to offset the growth and additional resources you'll gain from getting the colony in and expanding.

What DOES corruption impact? Growth?

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It increases unhappiness and also decreases the effectiveness of resource gathering and general income.

http://ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/Corruption

devoir on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm going on a month long bike trip, so if it helps for me to be dropped from the alliance, I'm cool with that (just let me back in when June rolls around? Maybe?).

Also if anyone wants some 1:1 trades I have 10k+ wood, a few k marble and wine and can scrape together about 1k sulfur by tomorrow. Since I'll be gone for a while I'd rather help people get the materials they need immediately instead of keeping it for upgrades that'll be way down the road for me.

EDIT: To be honest, I don't even require 1:1 trades, so you can shortchange me as much as you like long as it doesn't mess with the pushing rules, so let me know.

Threelemmings on
  • METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    Steel Angel mentioned something about the gamma server; I'd like to toss out the reminder that PAers are playing on each of the ikariam.com servers.

Alpha: Darian and Hellbunny in IST
    Beta: Everyone in NPAX and WPAX
    Gamma: Charlemagne (cmdprmpt), taliesinamicus (Darian), OverlordCuddles (Hellbunny) in PARC
    Delta: Darian et al. in PAX; about 17 of us so far; TheCapn is also on the server in another alliance
    Epsilon: Tamorlane, Hellbunny et al. in PAX

@Al: Fill away. I don't want to see anyone not us take slots that open up.

A moment of silence for Bruised, who has disappeared from the server.
    Also, I fully expect Akira to be deleted on the 17th, unless he returns before then. That would open up a slot on NPAX marble, 24:22. So if you're looking to expand soon, might want to time it to grab that slot.

I'm playing in the Gamma server as well, sn is Metapurna:
    Vuifiios[20:38] > New Crobuzon
    Sireos[21:37] > Viae Ferae
    Stekaios[21:38] > Lands End

Anyone on Gamma that needs anything should hit me up (low on marble right now, though).

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm going on a month long bike trip, so if it helps for me to be dropped from the alliance, I'm cool with that (just let me back in when June rolls around? Maybe?).

Just make sure you go on vacation mode, rather than just sit idle.

Good lukc on your bike trip, enjoy yourself.

devoir on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, I've already got that worked out. Just wanted to see if I could help people out as I go.

Also, thanks :D

Threelemmings on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wow, this person I was massively pillaging never went inactive but his colonies all poofed overnight and his account is gone. I wonder if he just gave up.

Man, one of my other daily targets went into vacation mode. :(

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bulwark wrote: »
    My next colony is going on 50:50, I think an alliance leader has an obligation to try and be as accessible to the alliance as possible.

Either that or somewhere in WPAX, but I dunno whether absorbing 20+ guys is super feasible.
    As someone located fairly centrally, let me assure you that it makes you equally inaccessible to everyone.

Whereabouts are you located? My capital is at 54:57, with colonies scattered around to the east, west, and south of there.

I was thinking of starting a one-man war against a small alliance once my wine colony is up and running, but if there is another PAX member around that would be even better.

I want to attack BULLDAWGS, a 5 member alliance with an average score of about 3400, just because of their alliance description:
    We will bite your head off and rip your nuts off
    I mean, obviously they want a fight, so why not give it to them?

juice for jesus on
  • TamorlaneTamorlane Gnnr The Halls of MontezumaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Does anyone know why one of my hideouts would be reporting that I have seven spies when it is only a level 5??

Tamorlane on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I found an alliance yesterday that looks to be an ex WOW guild, who claim to have raided my mother.

SHE IS A GOOD WOMAN AND I WON'T STAND FOR THIS.

Plus, I hate leet raid guilds as we only got as far as killing Nefarian:( Jealousy is corrosive

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • MarlinspikeMarlinspike Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I have discovered the joys of raiding inactives.

That is all.

Marlinspike on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, anything going on on the east side of the map?

Aldo on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tamorlane wrote: »
    Does anyone know why one of my hideouts would be reporting that I have seven spies when it is only a level 5??

No, but if anyone knows why my hideouts insist on sending two or even three spies to a city when I click only once, let me know.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, where is this shrine to cat poetry I keep hearing about?

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Oh dear, I seem to have incurred some wrath. A guy from TBO (ranked 4) is sending a blockade and troops at me. They're gonna arrive out of order, but still. Not real sure what I did to get their attention.

Now, I have to decide if I wanna bounce his troops or destroy them. :(

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    About Gov Mansions, remember, corruption right now is only like a tenth of what they might set it to later. Going past level 2, maaaaybe level 3 on those is just a huge waste right now.

Scooter on
    edited May 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    About Gov Mansions, remember, corruption right now is only like a tenth of what they might set it to later. Going past level 2, maaaaybe level 3 on those is just a huge waste right now.

I like the challenge. Granted, by the time they actually do implement corruption full-blown, you people will be able to gather the resources in two days while it will take me two weeks right now, but I'll still have the moral highground.

Well, the stubborn highground, at least.

Baidol on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    CmdPrompt wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    If Honor fucks with you, let me know. Their leader and I are on good terms, I think. He'll get the guy to stop I imagine.

Missed this, I assume you asked him to stop.

I've been pillaging Honor inactives, should that be a problem?

I didn't talk to him yet. Not sure why he did.

I have been pillaging them too, so I hope not. :D

captaink on
  • TamorlaneTamorlane Gnnr The Halls of MontezumaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Baidol wrote: »

No, but if anyone knows why my hideouts insist on sending two or even three spies to a city when I click only once, let me know.

I have been getting that a lot, too. :? Perhaps it is related.....

Tamorlane on
    edited May 2008
    Baidol wrote: »

I have been getting that a lot, too. :? Perhaps it is related.....

I like it. I seldom, if ever, want to send just one spy.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited May 2008
    skarsol wrote: »

Is having more than one spy in a city useful? I mean,... aside from when one gets discovered, your target may think you gone when you're not...

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
    edited May 2008
    BTW, if anyone can, I could use a chunk of marble at Xalisti on Hatoutia[23:20]. I have much crushed grapes for trade. Any amount up to 3,000.

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
    edited May 2008
    hmxmoss wrote: »

Is having more than one spy in a city useful? I mean,... aside from when one gets discovered, your target may think you gone when you're not...

For opening gates, and for doing a warehouse check at the same time as barracks.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

well the main benefit for me is that every spy negates a wall level when you attack.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited May 2008

well the main benefit for me is that every spy negates a wall level when you attack.

Every spy has a chance to open a breach when you attack. I had six spies in a city that resulted in three breachers.

Multiple spies can be useful, but I should have the option of sending only one if I wish.

Baidol on
  • Red_CascadeRed_Cascade Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Screw it, the guy who asked me stop attacking him is the only decent target I have. I told him I would give my troops a rest and stop but man, i need loot! I guess 24 hrs is a rest :)

This time cat poems will be required...

If anyone wants to join the fun

89:16 - Town of Michael (Lvl9 - 0 Military)
    89:15 - Abandoned (lvl8 - 0 Military)
    88:15 - Vacant (lvl2 - 0 Military)

Red_Cascade on
    edited May 2008
    Update on the Programme for the Promotion of Cat Poetry:

My current candidate looks like he might deliver. Here is the latest correspondence:
    I will try to get the poem in by Friday.
    On the 14.05.2008 19:46 Kalkino wrote::
    > Good to see you are an enabler, not a disabler! However having consulted my poetry circle I'm afraid we will need you to come up with something faster than a week. I know this is kind of rough, as you want to deliver only the best to us, but perhaps if might help if you visualise your poem as the promise of a big red steak, and us as a horde of hungry dogs. The dogs know that if they they wait they might get two steaks, but they don't care, they are dogs and did you ever meet a dog that would trade a dinner today for two dinners tomorrow?
    > On the 14.05.2008 18:50 darklordsgx wrote::
    > > Wow, thanks, I can get you a poem, but it might take some time and it might not be good, but I'll send it to you when I decide if its well written enough to fit in your well educated catogory. I'll try to send it in ASAP. If I don't send it to you in about a week, please remind me, I'm a forgetful person, but I'm willing to help. Thanks again.
    > > On the 14.05.2008 9:08 Kalkino wrote::
    > > > I tell you what, I like you, and I like your style. So I will make you an offer to give you some much needed peace of mind. If you can write me a short poem (say 100 words) about the simple joys of cat ownership I'll get Turtleback off your back.
    > > > How does this sound to a man of some (not inconsiderable I hope!) literary talent like yourself?

Kalkino on
  • HellbunnyHellbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey, for those applying for the alliance on Delta, please either PM me here as well or give me your PA forum name if it's different from your Ikariam player name. I've been getting spammed with applications from non-PA members.

Thanks, guys. I'll do better about keeping tabs on the forums, too! Promise.

Hellbunny on
    Zombie-a-Day! I'm open for suggestions!
    edited May 2008
    New kitty poem added to Roll of Honour. Be nice to the author unless you know its stolen. Criticism welcome and can be passed on directly, or I can send it

Kalkino on
  • BulwarkBulwark Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Whereabouts are you located? My capital is at 54:57, with colonies scattered around to the east, west, and south of there.

I was thinking of starting a one-man war against a small alliance once my wine colony is up and running, but if there is another PAX member around that would be even better.

I want to attack BULLDAWGS, a 5 member alliance with an average score of about 3400, just because of their alliance description:
    My marble colony, Argoth, is at 53:54. It is also something of a stronghold that is preparing to weather the hilarity of a 60-plus ramship assault (if dude who built them ever gets off his ass and stops sending single units to attack me for reasons I cannot begin to fathom). I have a developing colony named Keld at 54:48, and my capital of Phyrex is at 63:55.

Got coordinates for these guys?

Bulwark on
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bulwark wrote: »

My marble colony, Argoth, is at 53:54. It is also something of a stronghold that is preparing to weather the hilarity of a 60-plus ramship assault (if dude who built them ever gets off his ass and stops sending single units to attack me for reasons I cannot begin to fathom). I have a developing colony named Keld at 54:48, and my capital of Phyrex is at 63:55.

Got coordinates for these guys?

I'll send out some spies tonight to try to get some locations. I've seen a few of their towns around while looking for pillage targets.

My username in game is Ponchs Pilot, and locs are listed in the embassy.

Where's the guy attacking you? Maybe we can do a coordinated wanging. I've missed out on all the action since the middle is so far from the rest of PAX.

juice for jesus on
  • VazusVazus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If anyone near 91,35 has some wine up for trade I'd be much obliged and can offer crystal back. Something about having my population go neutral is worrying me... ah right the .93 pop growth part...

Vazus on
    edited May 2008
    I can trade you a few k, but it's an 8hr trip. :?

Aldo on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kalkino wrote: »
    New kitty poem added to Roll of Honour. Be nice to the author unless you know its stolen. Criticism welcome and can be passed on directly, or I can send it

You, good sir, are a beacon of light for the legions of Pax Arcadia. All Hail General Kalkino and his honorable fight to improve the world of Ikariam!

Burtletoy on
  • Red_CascadeRed_Cascade Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Vazus wrote: »
    If anyone near 91,35 has some wine up for trade I'd be much obliged and can offer crystal back. Something about having my population go neutral is worrying me... ah right the .93 pop growth part...

Will drop you a PM in game as I have my Islands close by (6 hr trip iirc)

Red_Cascade on
    edited May 2008
    Will drop you a PM in game as I have my Islands close by (6 hr trip iirc)
    You win.

Aldo on
  • VazusVazus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thanks for the fast responses guys, they are appreciated!

Vazus on
    edited May 2008
    Kalkino wrote: »

Where is this Roll of Honour that you speak of?

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    First page, post two if I recall correctly.

Did you get your marble yet?

Darian on
    edited May 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    First page, post two if I recall correctly.

Did you get your marble yet?

No... I have one marble colony, and I'm trying to slow building so I can upgrade the Governor's Mansion there and the Palace next (so I can get a 2nd marble colony). It just takes a lot of freakin' marble, and market prices for marble are usually 50+.

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg