As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OH SNAP!!!

GnarTotheNthGnarTotheNth Registered User regular
edited September 2004 in PAX Archive
Bring the pain bring the noise!!!!!!

so yeah, i had so much fun that i hurt. you may have met or noticed us, we were the boys with the oh snap! posse in the mk:dd tournament. maybe you saw us playing brawl and screaming in really inconvinient places. Maybe you got your asses kicked by us in the war craft 3 tournament? Maybe you cried after we cheered on our buddy while he destroyed you at warhammer 40k. maybe you were insulted (or even offended) by our foul language and general disregard for your unkempt personal hygene.

but god damn, if this wasnt the best weekend ive had in a long time. big props to our canadian counter-parts chris and ian. big ups and to chris and ro for your support in the mario kart double dash tournament as well as the 8 player brawl match. thanks to the lanwerx tournament organizers who had to put up with shit on their days off. thanks to the warcraft 3 tournament players who all just rocked the house. big ups to the tournament organizer bald guy who kicked my ass with potemkin in the first semi official round of the guilty gear tournament. also thanks to the guy who won the guilty gear competition giving me a few tips.

how could you not have fun? was something wrong with you?!

Marcus-FOSHOO and fantasma ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU!!! WE ARE SO COOL OMG WTF GG NO RE GTFO K THX

warcraft 3 is the best game ever!
GnarTotheNth on

• Options
    mojomonkeemojomonkee Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    damn you did have fun didn't you.

next year i need to with people who actually WANT to be there or just go by myself. the two guys i went with were kinda "meh" about the whole thing and didn't want to do much. i would have stayed all day if it had been just me.

mojomonkee on
    Q: Mac or PC?

A: Um, we like to play games.
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Next year, I'm gonna stay two nights, instead of just Saturday so I can be there early on, and then be hopped on caffiene so I can go all night. I was just too dead from work the preceding week to do a lot.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    My prediction for next year:

Impromptu wireless DS games will 0wn us all.

Ninto on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Ninto wrote:

word1.jpg

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    Damn't, I love your american booze.

oh snap

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SuperFlyTNTSuperFlyTNT Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Bring the pain bring the noise!!!!!!

so yeah, i had so much fun that i hurt. you may have met or noticed us, we were the boys with the oh snap! posse in the mk:dd tournament. maybe you saw us playing brawl and screaming in really inconvinient places. Maybe you got your asses kicked by us in the war craft 3 tournament? Maybe you cried after we cheered on our buddy while he destroyed you at warhammer 40k. maybe you were insulted (or even offended) by our foul language and general disregard for your unkempt personal hygene.

but god damn, if this wasnt the best weekend ive had in a long time. big props to our canadian counter-parts chris and ian. big ups and to chris and ro for your support in the mario kart double dash tournament as well as the 8 player brawl match. thanks to the lanwerx tournament organizers who had to put up with shit on their days off. thanks to the warcraft 3 tournament players who all just rocked the house. big ups to the tournament organizer bald guy who kicked my ass with potemkin in the first semi official round of the guilty gear tournament. also thanks to the guy who won the guilty gear competition giving me a few tips.

how could you not have fun? was something wrong with you?!

Marcus-FOSHOO and fantasma ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU!!! WE ARE SO COOL OMG WTF GG NO RE GTFO K THX

How was the party out in Kirkland?

SuperFlyTNT on
    "Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
    -Helem Boesch-
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    The Geek wrote:
    Ninto wrote:

word1.jpg

omg impromptu wireless queer eye fro the straigh guy game!!!

like all nintendo hand helds I'll wait till the 2nd gen of it before i buy it. psp on the other hand...

futility on
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2004
    the psp looks scrumtrulescent.

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Next year I'm prolly gonna be in Seattle for five days or so, because I want to mess around in the city and check out one of the colleges there.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Yar, next year we plan to have at least four days off to take it all in, rather than drive up after work and be tired the whole time. Otherwise it was awesome.

Oh.. and PSP looks too fancy to play with. I like my toys to feel like... toys.

/ducks

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    the PSP is gonna be a gadget that also plays games. and i do like my gadgets.

Borfase on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    I wish the DS would have voice chat, since it will have a port for a headset thingy. Just set up metroid tournies for the lines to certain events.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    meh, the DS looks kind of pointless to me

i pretty much agree with what gabe and tycho said about it during the Q&A:
    there's no real interesting games coming out for it, the metroid game has some really poor design choices, and the 2nd screen is just pointless.

i'd be much more happy if nintendo just released a super powerful handheld with one screen and alot of support rather than this thing.

Borfase on
  • Options
    DysphoriaDysphoria Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    sPider817 wrote:
    I wish the DS would have voice chat, since it will have a port for a headset thingy. Just set up metroid tournies for the lines to certain events.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/31/news_6106106.html

CRAZY YOU SHOULD MENTION THAT.

Dysphoria on
    Idle hands spend time at the genitals.
  • Options
    PatwarePatware Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Oh, A+. That's sounding badass.

Patware on
    3rd place in Gamer Bling, with the Gamecube Controller medallion.
    (2nd went to the guy with a Virtual Boy.)
    (1st to that psycho with the zapper, controller, and Power Glove.)
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Maybe you got your asses kicked by us in the war craft 3 tournament?

I'm still bitter about that tournament, since it was halfway over when I got in the building. That tourney was the main thing I wanted to do. Judging by how you spelled the name of the game, I would have beaten you.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    judging by your ability to pick apart posts and the fact that you have no clue how to show up on time, i would have rushed your ass into the ground and beaten you with burrows then taken my 2nd place prize tickets and waved my guilty gear hori in your face. the icing on the cake would be having victory sex with your 18 year old sister while you watched, jerked it and cried.

GnarTotheNth on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Borfase wrote:
    i'd be much more happy if nintendo just released a super powerful handheld with one screen and alot of support rather than this thing.

Which they're going to do with the GBA2(whatever they'll call it), but you can't make huge leaps in handhelds like Sony is trying to do or you get burned on things like battery life and other vital things.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004
    Next PAX, I hope the Supertrip will be going up a day or two early.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Is it just me or did this thread go off topic quite a bit. I CARE NOT FOR THE DS!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Hey guys,

DS will pwn you ninjaboy, you need to stop hating and start buying a 40k army.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Dysphoria wrote:
    sPider817 wrote:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/31/news_6106106.html

CRAZY YOU SHOULD MENTION THAT.
    Yeah, but that article just points out speculation that you can use it as a type of phone, not using it for actual voice chat in game, a la XBOX Live.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    seriously now. i had more fun at pax than 10 ds's put together....

warhammer 40k is a great spectator sport btw

GnarTotheNth on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Then you'll enjoy hearing that i'm going to be playing this friday. you guys can come up to Vancouver and make people cry when i'm winning like you did at PAX. That necron kid was hilarious

Unknown User on
  • Options
    TheMountieTheMountie Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    i just played SWG.

anyone else have a horror story like this one?

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
  • Options
    SuperFlyTNTSuperFlyTNT Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Maybe you got your asses kicked by us in the war craft 3 tournament?

I'm still bitter about that tournament, since it was halfway over when I got in the building. That tourney was the main thing I wanted to do. Judging by how you spelled the name of the game, I would have beaten you.

Im confused which one of you won what place?

SuperFlyTNT on
    "Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
    -Helem Boesch-