As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour, August 27th-28th (LOCATION VOTING IN PROGRESS)

12346»

• Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    hey, so when are we shutting down the poll?

and on a side note how many of theese places are we planning on going to?

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    The poll ends friday, it's set to last 2 weeks from the date it was opened.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    and on a side note how many of theese places are we planning on going to?

As many of the top voted places as we can cram into a one day schedule!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    (Hmm, my last attempt at posting didn't work for some reason, lemme try this again)

Remember, we've got about 2 days left for the "first day" event voting! If you haven't voted yet, do it now!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Okay, so this morning I was over at the Pre-PAX dinner thread, and they mentioned (A) that they need people to come and (B) that they need people to volunteer.

I figure this could be a perfect synergy between the Magical Mystery Tour and the Pre-PAX dinner, if people were interested! Our tour would be wrapping up just as they're starting to get ready, and apparently it's going to be a really fun event!

That being said, I'm going to add the Pre-PAX Dinner to the list of potential events for Thursday. If we decide to go for it, we can set up a system where everyone who wants to volunteer can get shuttled to the location to help with preparation, and everyone who's not up for/can't volunteer can get shuttled off to take a break before optionally heading to the dinner.

What do you guys think of the plan? It should be fun! I'll add it to the list so you guys can vote for it anyways, so once this poll is done it'll be on the next one (the one where we vote for Thursday events).

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I figure this could be a perfect synergy between the Magical Mystery Tour and the Pre-PAX dinner, if people were interested! Our tour would be wrapping up just as they're starting to get ready, and apparently it's going to be a really fun event!

Hm. The main drawback I see here is that i'm betting people are going to want to go home and change, freshen up, etc before going to the dinner. I'd be inclined to finish a few hours early so that people can do so. (Not sure of the dress code at the pre-pax dinner, either, but i'm assuming it's nothing less than smart casual, which is not my "trudging around seattle" clothing by a long shot.)

Of course, that's a drawback i face since i won't be getting a hotel room, I'll be out in redmond, for other people who're nearby, it should be easier.

ashridah on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Speaking as the forum liason for the dinner, it's pretty much come as you are within reason. In past years people have been mostly casual to business casual, but there really isn't much of a code beyond no shirt no shoes no food.

As for volunteers, we don't expect or even need the entire tour to show up and help, so if you have other priorities, we'll still be fine.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Cool dealin'. Yeah, we could make it a voluntary thing, kind of branch the tour off from there. At that point, the tour would be more of an optional shuttle to the Pre-PAX dinner, which is okay by me. =)

Ooh, other news as well! I just got a fat tour guide packet in the mail from the Seattle Tourism Office (or whatever you call it). I'll be looking through it when I get home, to see if I missed anything interesting. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    beowuffbeowuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Um...

The Boeing Museum of Flight is not in the correct place on the google map!!!

It should be SOUTH of Seattle, not North!!!

Here's the correct address...

The Museum of Flight
    9404 East Marginal Way South
    Seattle, WA 98108-4097

And a map...

The address currently listed is the Restoration Center, not the Museum...

beowuff on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    beowuff wrote: »
    Um...

The Museum of Flight
    Seattle, WA 98108-4097

And a map...

beowulf is correct. You've currently got it pointing to the entrance of Paine Field where all the Everett Factory-produced aircraft take off.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Um...

OMG!!!!!
    it's the end of the world!!!

(heh, sorry, excessive punctuation gets to me).

VThornheart: didn't someone point this out before in this thread? I thought you'd fixed it already.

ashridah on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Um...

The Museum of Flight
    Seattle, WA 98108-4097

And a map...

Oh, how'd that happen? I didn't realize that!

I'll try to fix it... I don't remember anyone else mentioning it, I must've missed it completely! =(

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Okay, the results are in. These are the current "Pretty much definites", having scored at least 20% of the vote: (in order of popularity)

Boeing Factory Tour
    Trophy Cupcakes
    Boeing Museum of Flight
    Space Needle
    Pacific Science Center
    Experience Music Project/Sci-Fi Museum

The EMP/Sci-Fi Muesum was hands-down winner, so we'll definitely be doing that! Everything else we'll go down in order of highest percentage to lowest, trying to fit as many as feasibly possible.

I'll take some time this weekend to try and plot out a course and some time schedules, see how many we can fit.

On Monday I'll be posting the second poll, for events that will occur on our "half day" in the Pike Place/midtown area. Thanks everyone for voting!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Okay guys, everyone that's heading on the Pre-PAX Tour, go right now to:

Request a Visitseattle.org Visitor's Guide.

That was the thing I received in the mail a few days ago. I finally got around to looking inside of it... and inside was a pamphlet that had $2.00/person (up to 4 people) discounts for many of the locations we'll be going to.

It also has a guidebook that's just plain freakin' awesome.

Go get it right now, it's 100% free and it'll help you to not have to spend so much on the Tour! =)

EDIT: Also, for Opera fans, the aforementioned visitor's guide pointed me to the Seattle Opera website, where I found this:

Aida is playing until August 23rd if anyone happens to be getting there *really* early (or lives there). I've never seen it personally, but I grabbed an old recording after I heard a bit of it on NPR some years ago. It's really fantastic, and I hear if done right the live performance is stunning.

Here's some video from a prior performance of Aida. If the female lead can hit the demanding notes, it's... well... impressive to hear. I can't even imagine hearing it live.

Seats in the back are 25 bucks. Score.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    They've sent me 2! - I emailed them as soon as we'd booked flights etc, they were super-friendly, very enthusiastic, and have sent me loads and loads of stuff. I'll be bringing it all with me, in case anyone else would like my spare vouchers.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ordered it is. I might live in the area, but I'm still willing to be a tourist!

Snickers on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Woot! =) Yeah, if I'm calculating correctly, the savings from this free pamphlet is actually more than either of the "ticket bundles" for the events we'll actually be doing.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Nice! Free savings is better than just about anything!

Snickers on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I agree! =) Woot!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm not going on the tour, but I just want to say the SF Museum/EMP are both awesome. I'm glad it seems to be in the lead.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, it definitely seems to be on the popular list, I'm glad it'll be a good location! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm a huge SF buff, so I'm REALLY looking forward to that part.

Snickers on
This discussion has been closed.