As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Transfering music to itunes library from ipod

endlesswaltzendlesswaltz Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Is there a possible and/or specific way to transfer music from an ipod to the itunes library? My boyfriend has been trying to move the ipod songs that he copied from cds back to his computer and it isn't happening. Can you only do that for the songs you purchased online, but not the ones from cds?

(Thank you in advance for the advice!)

endlesswaltz on

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Like, moving music from your Ipod back to the hard drive?

If you open your Ipod in windows explorer and view hidden folders, you can copy the files onto your hard drive like you would anything else. The ipod renames the files and doesn't organize them, though, so they'll be a mess. The ID3 tags are all there, but the files themselves will be named XSDG (or some such.)

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • slamminsammyb55slamminsammyb55 Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    PodUtil, iPodAgent, iGadget....just a few freeware programs that will do that for you.

slamminsammyb55 on
    What the damn??
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Mediafour Xplay is great. Quick, easy, efficient... Basically it lets you use Windows Explorer to pull shit directly from your iPod either by Artist or Album or individual song title, and it copies them with the MP3 titled correctly.

Much better, IMO, than the other programs...I've used them too. PodUtil is pretty good too, but I'd look into Xplay.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Senuti worked for me, but I figured you're probably done.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt