As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The PAX West Coast Supertrip

• Options
    KurganKurgan Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Kurgan wrote:
    Then again, there was that shortcut that Jason, Matt, D, Timmy and I will never speak of again... poor Timmy...
    That shortcut never happened.

What shortcut?

Kurgan on
  • Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004
    Kurgan wrote:
    Kurgan wrote:
    Then again, there was that shortcut that Jason, Matt, D, Timmy and I will never speak of again... poor Timmy...
    That shortcut never happened.

What shortcut?
    I don't know.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    LogicLBLogicLB Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    doczero wrote:
    I massaged my hangover Monday and hit the space needle with LogicLB to see how some altitude messes with the Post Labatts brain-pan.
    (LogicLB): "Don't look look at the top of the merry-go-round."
    (me): "Whooa" (grabs for wall).

If you thought that was hard to handle, be glad you didn't goto the SF Museum. All sorts of cool shit from SciFi movies and TV Series, but the lighting in there would make your hurl.

Also, thanks for letting me tag along with you WCST guys to the Hero movie and around pax (even though I flew there from iowa).

doczero fucking with a baby, but the baby was being kind of a dick.
    ZZ040830_142642_jpg.jpg

Midwest Super Trip next year baby!

LogicLB on
    renton_tracks.jpg
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I ended up exchanging that Lineage 2 strategy guide that I got from the Mario Kart tournament today, traded it for F-Zero GX at Best Buy since I never got around to getting it before, and most of the other 20 dollar games looked shitty, or I had them...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    K13RANK13RAN Registered User new member
    edited September 2004
    WE WANT PICS!!!!!!!

damn this thing must of been awsome

K13RAN on
    burgersig.jpg
  • Options
    Sigma_100Sigma_100 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    oh it was awesome

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    ben184ben184 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I have my measly collection of photos online: 2004 PAX and WCST

I don't have much because I was trying to split my time between taking still photos, taping video, gaming, and working as an enforcer.

If any other SuperTroopers have photos, send them to me, and I'll host them.

Also sorry that it took so long. I had to find and install a nice photo gallery script for the website. I stopped short of a custom skin to match the WCST site...

I also had some sleep to catch up on...

Glad to here you got home safely, David. That will not happen again next year...

ben184 on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    w00t! Pictures! Everyone else needs to post theres damnit...

edit: You know, I just didnt believe cars could have smaller backseats then my friends old VW Bug, but I was proved wrong...

WCST_2004_028.sized.jpg

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    whoa hey those are some kickass pictures. if anyone is wondering, im the guy with the white short-pant-thingies (not quite shorts or pants, dunno what they are called, but i like 'em) and i sometimes was wearing a silver wind breaker

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    galen_myth1galen_myth1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Hey guys I have just sent Ben an email about my pics some are pretty cool so be sure to check them out whence he uploads them! BTW WCST was SWEET and glad to hear that u made it home safe if not sound, David. Also wtf happened to Landon lol!
    PEACE

galen_myth1 on
    "You use weird things"-Dingo from ZOE 2

XBL:MythPlus

anyone for halo? :winky:
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    hmmm yeah, has he gotten home yet?

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    I dont think anyone has heard back from Landon yet... I added him to my list on Yahoo messenger, not sure if uses it(he has a yahoo e-mail address though), but ive not seen him on...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Look guys.... Don't worry about Landon.

We'll pick him up next year with the bus.

ben184 on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    hahahah good call! im sure he will have a great time there, after all, he would be close to gabe and tycho all year long

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    We'll pick him up in this:
    WCST-bus-small.jpg

ben184 on
  • Options
    omoshiroiomoshiroi Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Ok guys, I managed to wrest from my camera this single video, shot in between button-clicks due to the fact that I was too tired to notice that I had it set to "video" and not "image". I have a few videos like this, but this is the only one I have of the WCST dudes.

MAN you guys were tired. [redacted]

Hear that? Yeah, i sound like a muppet. My voice was about to go but never actually left. Silence would have been a mercy.

omoshiroi on
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    bwhahahahahahaha! that's hilarious

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    galen_myth1galen_myth1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    ok guys now some new pics are up at the www.doidic.com/supertrip/gallery location so check it out ok? Also for Kyle make sure JW sees these heh heh heh...also BTW Ben, AWESOME work on that bus mockup we should SO make it happen!
    keith

galen_myth1 on
    "You use weird things"-Dingo from ZOE 2

XBL:MythPlus

anyone for halo? :winky:
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    ben184 wrote:
    We'll pick him up in this:
    WCST-bus-small.jpg

God damn, that mock up fucking rocks so damn much, I had to quote it so people see it twice...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Im sending pictures to ben right this moment.
    not all of them are good I'm just sending all the ones I took during the trip up there. feel free to do whatever with all of them

edit: never the fuck mind, 1.3mb is alot to send on dialup

Grath on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    ouch, dial-up!! thats harsh man

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Grath wrote:
    Im sending pictures to ben right this moment.
    not all of them are good I'm just sending all the ones I took during the trip up there. feel free to do whatever with all of them

edit: never the fuck mind, 1.3mb is alot to send on dialup
    If you want, I can setup you up with administrator access to my photo gallery. Then you can create your own album, upload your photos, and create captions for them. That's what Keith did...

ben184 on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    most of mine aren't that cool anyway. Ill upload them to photo bucket sometime and post them, then you can steal the ones you like.

Grath on
  • Options
    lordmagus22lordmagus22 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    This is Landon, and I did in fact make it back alive. Detroit let me crash in their hotel room, and the plan was to wake up at 5am for check out. I had gone to denny's for food after PAX. They decided they didn't want to drive to Michigan on just three hours sleep, so set the alarm for 9am. I wasn't there so I didn't find out. I woke up at 9am, said "well....Fuck!" and caught a greyhound back to phoenix.

Thanks for your concern, the greyhound was actually a lot of fun. Met some cool people. Sorry it took so long for me to post something though, my computer remains broken.

The next step is to get a bus actually decked out like that.

lordmagus22 on
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone when you're uncool" -Lester Bangs in Almost Famous
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Well, at least your Greyhound ride wasnt as annoying as mine... Getting stuck sitting next to an annoying bastard that didnt speak english because I kept having to go back and forth with my stuff since the different people were telling me different things about what to do with my luggage and there were hardly any seats left when I got on so I took the only one near a wall to lean against...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004
    I for one am extremely relieved to hear that Crash is OK. I felt fucking awful knowing he got left behind.

Good to hear from ya, bro.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Landon's alive! Call back the search parties!

ben184 on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    awesome, its good to hear you're back in one peice!

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    ben184 wrote:
    Landon's alive! Call back the search parties!

But I'm not done checking all the Stripclubs/sorority houses/ girls locker rooms for him!

Grath on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    Hey, I doing the PAX DVD video and am looking for video for the Super trip. I would love to show some of the Trip video on the DVD. If you have a edit of the trip you could submit or send me the tapes and I could make a short video for you and the DVD.

Also you can check out my daily log on my web page to see how the DVD is going.

Geoff Richardson - Visual Effects Artist http://www.loose-marbles.com

Vancouver Home # 604-608-0595
    Work# 604-602-2608 Ext #2608
    Email -- jeferichardson@hotmail.com
    grichardson@radical.ca

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Hey, I doing the PAX DVD video and am looking for video for the Super trip. I would love to show some of the Trip video on the DVD. If you have a edit of the trip you could submit or send me the tapes and I could make a short video for you and the DVD.

Also you can check out my daily log on my web page to see how the DVD is going.

Geoff Richardson - Visual Effects Artist http://www.loose-marbles.com

Vancouver Home # 604-608-0595
    Work# 604-602-2608 Ext #2608
    Email -- jeferichardson@hotmail.com
    grichardson@radical.ca

Thats excellent. We had a guy actually asking people on the trip to introduce themselves and such on camera. Hopefully he can send you his tape.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    hahaha yeah that was funny

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    lordmagus22lordmagus22 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Don't stop checking the stripclubs/sorority houses/girls locker rooms, just cuz I made it back from Bellevue doesn't mean you won't still find me in one of those.

lordmagus22 on
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone when you're uncool" -Lester Bangs in Almost Famous
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    The only strip club ive been to is one down in San Diego... because my friend Shane loves that place and everytime hes in town(hes in the army, over at Ft. Campbell in Kentucky right now) we drive down there for some Titties...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    Finaly got around to posting on the fourms. This is Brendan, the driver of the insight.
    Can't wait for the DVD.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    F4hy wrote:
    Finaly got around to posting on the fourms. This is Brendan, the driver of the insight.
    Can't wait for the DVD.

If you go to PAX again next year(and, Id assume someone in their family would have to die to prevent any of the WCSTers from going again), and they have another Mario Kart tournament... We so need to enter again, that kicked ass.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    SquallSeeD31SquallSeeD31 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    eelektrik wrote:
    The only strip club ive been to is one down in San Diego... because my friend Shane loves that place and everytime hes in town(hes in the army, over at Ft. Campbell in Kentucky right now) we drive down there for some Titties...
    Which one, call me next time. One of my buddies is sort of connected with the seedy side of San Diego (amazing alliteration, batman!) and typically gets me nice benefits when I go with him.

SquallSeeD31 on
    FFXIV: Alchemy Stuff Character:
    8229_48d6215903dff562.png
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    eelektrik wrote:
    Which one, call me next time. One of my buddies is sort of connected with the seedy side of San Diego (amazing alliteration, batman!) and typically gets me nice benefits when I go with him.

The Body Shop... Shane was down in San Diego doing some kind of like, physical testing or something before he joined the army, and him and some of his future army buddies, went to The Body Shop after they were done and he just loves the damn place and took us there when he got back from Basic Training... Weve been there a couple times since then as well, everytime hes back in town we head down there.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Just curious, noticed the WCST site said two people left behind... All I heard about was Landon, who else got left chilling in washington?

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    SquallSeeD31SquallSeeD31 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    eelektrik wrote:
    eelektrik wrote:

The Body Shop... Shane was down in San Diego doing some kind of like, physical testing or something before he joined the army, and him and some of his future army buddies, went to The Body Shop after they were done and he just loves the damn place and took us there when he got back from Basic Training... Weve been there a couple times since then as well, everytime hes back in town we head down there.
    Be sure to let me know next time, yeah? It's a great place, and it's right near an even greater place. I'm talking about the Ultrazone, SD's best laser tag arena. No paintballs, but at least you don't have to worry about getting shot in the nuts.

SquallSeeD31 on
    FFXIV: Alchemy Stuff Character:
    8229_48d6215903dff562.png