As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Night Watch Phalla] - Dark Ones - Game Over: Dark Ones Win!

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm not sure right now, but "FUCK"* Dark Players, we should have gone to war day 1!!!!

*edit - not meaning fuck you.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sepah wrote: »
    By the way.

Who killed Infidel? Was it the Dark Purists with the Inquisition?

We caught him red-handed, but he wasn't actually prosecuted until Zot caught him a second time.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • JoschuaESQJoschuaESQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If only Darkies would have gotten their shit together, /shakes fist. War would've worked. I blame the lot of most with inactivity and the damn day one and day two let's just see what happens shit!
    Plus, next time I play I will be just as active, this was a blast. Glad I got to be included .
    I seriously want these results, I imagine a double K.O. is possible and would make me laugh my ass off.
    Fanatic or no, I'm still a dark one dammit! That's our team!

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    War made no sense after Eri started doing her thing.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man.. I got roped into helping someone move today, and didn't get to post all day long.

So yeah. I kinda fucked Rend, I feel bad.

I convinced him I was a fanatic so you guys would lay off me. As a show of good faith, I gave him the name of a light side person that it would be safe to kill. That was Lady Eri, who was sniffing around me as a fanatic. I figured she was going to have me rubbed out so I had Rend remove her. I had been attacked to the tune of about 70 damage the night before, so I was looking for protection both from Eri and any purists thinking I was a fanatic, and the Light side kicking the shit out of me, so I bought protection by posing as a fanatic and offering up Eri.

The next night, I promised Rend a shitload of info if he would take out the one other person that I told him was most heavily hunting fanatics. I fed him Rygar as a target, so thats how Rygar disappeared. I didn't have any of the info I'd promised him, of course, and I knew he'd be killing me as backlash. Since we had heard he was organizing a lot of the strategy for the light side, I got everyone to kill him that same night that Rygar died, hoping he hadn't named me outright as his contact so my tracks were covered.

I guess that sorta worked.

Anyway. Fun time for a first Phalla.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    War made no sense after Eri started doing her thing.

No it made no sense after we did nothing for a few days.

Toxic Toys on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    t Erandus: That was a pretty good move. I knew I should have finished killing you...

durax on
    edited May 2008
    I was really pretty confused, cause I'd take a shitload of damage one night, nothing the next night, etc. I wasn't sure who was after me, so I tried to get myself protected from both sides. Eri mentioned me as a possible fanatic so I let her go down to save my skin, and if the Light side thought I was a fanatic, they'd stop attacking me.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    I hate you all by the way, especially those who attacked me.

I was even a healer.

Your counter-attack really hurt.

Obbi on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    BTW, who took me out? I'm not terribly surprised I was taken out, but nobody targeted me for several nights and then BAM I died.

Smasher on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    I hate you all by the way, especially those who attacked me.

I was even a healer.

Your counter-attack really hurt.

YOU!

Well to be fair I also attacked you.

M.D. on
    edited May 2008
    Smasher wrote: »
    BTW, who took me out? I'm not terribly surprised I was taken out, but nobody targeted me for several nights and then BAM I died.

Inquisition. Someone scryed you attacking us.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Rend would've deserved it Erandus, don't feel bad.

Most everything he said on our proboards indicated he had chosen to work with the light side fanatics and not work towards killing them, ultimately choosing for the whole light side the 3x win condition as being the only viable one.

Which would be why once I figured out how the game worked and such, I realized that Last Son and I had a nigh impossible task before us for our only win condition. Having 4 of us and 8 fanatics didn't help either. Stupid RNG!

Ardor on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Infidel: I totally called it about Inquisition damage :P

Smasher on
    edited May 2008
    Ardor wrote: »
    Rend would've deserved it Erandus, don't feel bad.

Most everything he said on our proboards indicated he had chosen to work with the light side fanatics and not work towards killing them, ultimately choosing for the whole light side the 3x win condition as being the only viable one.

Which would be why once I figured out how the game worked and such, I realized that Last Son and I had a nigh impossible task before us for our only win condition. Having 4 of us and 8 fanatics didn't help either. Stupid RNG!

I had a good back-and-fourth with him through PM, I just felt bad sticking the dagger in him at the end of it. I couldn't keep up the fanatic facade for long though, so while it protected me briefly, and got the Light to kill a fanatic for us, I had to end it quickly.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    Erandus you shoulda sided with us fanatics, I even healed you.

M.D. on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Such a classic bad-guy move. "But... I'm your friend!

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    edited May 2008

Dude, I was totally for war even not being a fanatic.

Right up until the part where the Light had better attack coordination than we did and we were getting our shit stomped and couldn't possibly 3:1 anymore. So pretty much night 4.

I was ready to be your BFF, was kinda disappointed when you turned out to be a fanatic. :P

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008

Then you feel the knief slide between your ribs.

But Day one we got to pick our own mafia.

Toxic Toys on
    edited May 2008

Why are you people labeling fanatics as evil, this is the same thing as the phallost. Just cause it says fanatic didnt mean we were evil.

Also I wasn't healing him to be my friend ,we had to win with 3 :1 so it was in my interest to keep my team alive.

M.D. on
    edited May 2008
    Why are you people labeling fanatics as evil, this is the same thing as the phallost. Just cause it says fanatic didnt mean we were evil.

Also I wasn't healing him to be my friend ,we had to win with 3 :1 so it was in my interest to keep my team alive.

Meh, fanatics were for winning through killing people. "Evil" is pretty much implied.

Also, I'm crushed to learn that you in fact had no strong feelings for me.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    Erandus wrote: »

Meh, fanatics were for winning through killing people. "Evil" is pretty much implied.

If it makes you feel better I was gonna heal you over anyone else if another person asked for healing.

M.D. on
    edited May 2008
    I can accept that.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

I tell everyone I care for them and then stab them in the back.

Ah HA!

Ardor on
    edited May 2008

Killing people for fanatics mean weaking the other side. There was no good or evil in this game, just what you thought was best for your side.

Toxic Toys on
    edited May 2008
    I was talking on more of a morality sense. Killing = "evil".

EDIT: Obviously though the dark side were the good guys.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

... The Purists also won the game through killing people.

Last Son on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah.... I got nothing to say.

forget everything. I'm sure I could find somebody to grudge over this game.

Damn sure I could.

lonelyahava on
    edited May 2008
    Yeah.... I got nothing to say.

forget everything. I'm sure I could find somebody to grudge over this game.

Damn sure I could.

I learned to love a grudge.

So FUCK ZOT! You're my day one vote when I need one one, and not for luz. You sucked as a leader in this game.
    And good night.

Toxic Toys on
  • Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    All I did was randomly pwn people. I got a vial of blood and a comb as spoils of war and could do fuck all with them, so it turned into a big game of hot potato trying to figure out who to give it to.

Honestly, I have no idea who had the items by the end of the game. I think Zot had our vial though, so I don't know what the fuck.

Pretty cool game however.

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What, the vial of blood from the narration? One would think that would be a bit important.

Sepah on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm back. It will still be a couple of hours before the official resolution is declared. Thanks for being patient - there will be much to reveal and much that will be revealed once all is said and done.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    rain.png

Rain is from the ancient realm of Edenia. As a small child, he bore witness to the invasion of his home world at the hands of Shao Kahn. During the chaos that ensued, Rain was smuggled away while his adopted father stayed behind to perform his duties as a general in the Edenian army. Edenia's armies were crushed in the Outworld invasion, and Rain's adoptive father was subsequently killed by Kahn.

Thousands of years later, Rain mysteriously returned during the invasion of Earthrealm and was attacked by Kahn's extermination squads. Given the choice to fight for Kahn or be killed, he knowingly turned his back on his homeworld, and he chose to side with Shao Kahn. Either out of fear, cowardice, or ulterior motives, he aided Kahn in his plans for the conquest of Earthrealm. Trained in the art of combat, Rain fought wholeheartedly to destroy Earth's warriors.

During the events of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Rain learned of his true Edenian heritage. Quan Chi informed Rain that he is actually a direct descendant to Argus, the protector god of Edenia. Rain then started to refer to himself as a prince of the realm, as seen in Armageddon's Konquest mode, but he still chooses to fight on the side of evil. He wishes to kill both Taven and Daegon in order to be able to win the ultimate prize and power promised from defeating Blaze.

Mortal Kombat has begun anew. Which side shall emerge victorious?

Trivia

- Rain was named after the Prince song Purple Rain by MK co-creator Ed Boon. He was originally a red herring inserted by the game developers as an unplayable non-canon character briefly shown in UMK3's attract sequence. Many fans searched for him in vain until Boon openly admitted in 1996 that Rain was a joke character.

- Rain was playable on the SNES and Sega Genesis versions of UMK3, and later in Mortal Kombat Trilogy as a full-fledged character with his own backstory, techniques and fatalities. In Armageddon's Krypt, there are two concept arts showing two possible weapon stances for the character; two leaf swords and a pair of his Storm Swords (referred to as "Sabers" in the concept description). In the final version he wields one Storm Sword only

- Rain briefly appeared in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, and was played by Tyrone Cortez Wiggins (who also performed stuntwork for the film). He was killed by Shao Kahn for sparing the lives of Kabal and Stryker. Stock footage of his demise was used for Baraka's death in a later scene.

Image:Mkconquest_rain.jpg

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2008
    That one is for Obbi.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2008
    MORTAL KOMBAT!

Toxic Toys on
    edited May 2008
    Holy shit they made him look so

different

like he's supposed to be somebody!

Ermac's better.

Obbi on
  • FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ultros64 wrote: »
    Honestly, I have no idea who had the items by the end of the game. I think Zot had our vial though, so I don't know what the fuck.

Nope, he didn't ever accept the trade from FreeAgent.

Also, thanks FWD. I tip my hat to you, good sir.

Fembot on
    edited May 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    Holy shit they made him look so

different

like he's supposed to be somebody!

Ermac's better.

Do you really miss this:

RainMK.jpg

or this:

Mkconquest_rain.jpg

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2008
    a little bit, yes

he kinda reminded me of a Foot Ninja from TMNT

Obbi on
    edited May 2008
    Pffft

I bet you're sad that Ermac isn't just a red ninja anymore, too.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg