As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Night Watch Phalla] - Dark Ones - Game Over: Dark Ones Win!

• FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    wow - I was the odd one out in lady Eri's equation? daym.

But we won in the end and that's what counts!

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    rainfall and obbi and durax, so grudged.

M.D. on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man I was sending all my scrying results to Zot every day. Like clockwork.

I'm pretty dumb. I'm glad someone put me out of my misery.

Who did that by the way?

Seriously on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Seriously wrote: »
    Man I was sending all my scrying results to Zot every day. Like clockwork.

normalpicardnofacepalmfs8.jpg

I'm so grudging Zot.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited May 2008
    Not that they were terribly interesting.

TehSpectre - did nothing
    Robothero- did nothing
    Infidel - couldn't scry

Seriously on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hot damn

I may have to grudge Zot also

Gumpy on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    durax on
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Neat.. Yay us for winning. Yay me for living.

Boo Zot for doing fuckall the whole game.

@Exarch - I know I came off as a bloodthristy fanatic, but I really was just going for war as the best alternative. Unfortunately that put me on Lady Eri's list. She'd been right so many times, I knew people would come after me, so I had her bumped off. :P

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Erandus took out Lady Eri? You son of bitch. :P

Toxic Toys on
    edited May 2008
    I wanna know what put me on the list with quoth and lonelyahava tho

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited May 2008
    And here is the Dark board

Toxic Toys on
    edited May 2008
    Oh yeah

I scryed Lady Eri, too. Because if she was doing anything I wanted to see who she was doing it to, and maybe from there get a better idea of who was what amongst the Dark Ones.

I didn't think she was going to be receptive to me wanting to work with her if she thought I was a fanatic so,

Seriously on
    edited May 2008
    FrostMist wrote: »
    I wanna know what put me on the list with quoth and lonelyahava tho
    You smell evil.:P

Toxic Toys on
    edited May 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    You smell evil.:P
    Psh.. :twisted: that might be, but rainfall wasn't pegged if I remember correctly.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Erandus wrote: »

@Exarch - I know I came off as a bloodthristy fanatic, but I really was just going for war as the best alternative. Unfortunately that put me on Lady Eri's list. She'd been right so many times, I knew people would come after me, so I had her bumped off. :P

Were you not the one who started the process of plunging the dark knife into my back?

Gumpy on
    edited May 2008

Lady Eri was fingering me as a fanatic, and I was taking damage on a nearly nightly basis. I didn't know if Eri or the Light side was going to kill me first. Rend approached me looking for information. He thought I was a fanatic and I let him continue to. I was hoping he'd call off attacks on me for fear of eliminating another "fanatic". I fed him Eri's name as a show of good faith, which protected me from her too.

The next night I had Rend kill Rygar, and had us kill Rend.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »

Were you not the one who started the process of plunging the dark knife into my back?

I did. Almost immediately after the game started, Plutonium sent me an IM looking for an information swap. The other person he had a lot of info on was you. When Plutonium turned out to be a fanatic, the fact that he had a lot of info on you so early in the game didn't look good. I figured why else would he know a lot about you unless you two had some reason to make contact and exchange info? It was the best lead on a fanatic I had. Wasn't anything personal.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »

I did. Almost immediately after the game started, Plutonium sent me an IM looking for an information swap. The other person he had a lot of info on was you. When Plutonium turned out to be a fanatic, the fact that he had a lot of info on you so early in the game didn't look good. I figured why else would he know a lot about you unless you two had some reason to make contact and exchange info? It was the best lead on a fanatic I had. Wasn't anything personal.

This will not be forgotten

Gumpy on
    edited May 2008
    D'awwww, I've been grudged.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008

Lady Eri was fingering me as a fanatic, and I was taking damage on a nearly nightly basis. I didn't know if Eri or the Light side was going to kill me first. Rend approached me looking for information. He thought I was a fanatic and I let him continue to. I was hoping he'd call off attacks on me for fear of eliminating another "fanatic". I fed him Eri's name as a show of good faith, which protected me from her too.

We should have kept Rend alive if he was feeding you info. The light side knew who our fanatics were.

Toxic Toys on
    edited May 2008

We should have kept Rend alive if he was feeding you info. The light side knew who our fanatics were.

The info he was feeding me came at a price. Another person on the light side had a "fanatic" contact who was feeding the Light info that didn't match mine. The only way to get the Rygar kill from Rend was to promise him info I didn't have - the Dark Fanatic board access. After that promise was made, my only move was to kill him in the same night. And after I had him kill a fanatic for us, it was pretty much sealed, he'd know instantly I'd screwed him.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Aww Gumpy is grudging me, just for giving his info to Erandus in exchange for info on Erandus's item.

I feel touched. Usually I have to really do something evil to get a grudge.

Plutonium on
    edited May 2008
    I didn't set out to particularly bone anyone. Gumpy was the best lead on a fanatic I had after you turned out to be one. I just used Rend as a means of protection from Eri and Light side attacks. Nothing personal to anyone, I was just trying to live. And managed to get Rygar removed in the process.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Aww Gumpy is grudging me, just for giving his info to Erandus in exchange for info on Erandus's item.

I feel touched. Usually I have to really do something evil to get a grudge.

Forever

Gumpy on
    edited May 2008
    Well I did sell out Zot to make sure I didn't die the last day.

Toxic Toys on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    To help save people some time, the group proboards are all linked on this page on my organizational proboards. Seems like they're not all unlocked yet, though.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thank you Mr. B for helping VH run this

M.D. on
  • FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    While I would have helped Eri attack people after her Skid kill (and I would have helped on that too, if I hadn't completely misinterpreted her PM - I thought she was asking for help voting him out the following night, not help for killing him immediately), I didn't use her list for trying to figure out my own.

Rygar and FrostMist were my top suspects for the night they were killed. The vote was going for FM, and Erandus asked on the Dark Boards who he should try to get the Light Others to kill - I PM'd him and asked for Rygar. I wasn't certain that both of them were Fanatics, but I was certain that one of them had to be.

Joschua and Quoth both had suspicion notes down on my list on the Purist boards - but I didn't share my suspicions about Joschua on the Dark boards until after FM showed up innocent with JEsq initiating the bandwagon. I should have stuck with that suspicion, but I let my sympathy-for-the-newguy get the better of me and after my death, I figured it had to be Quoth and DUE (mainly because of his odd activity level).

Quoth - I'd have to re-read all the posts everywhere to give you a better answer as to why a number of people found you suspicious. For me, some of it was your voting history, some of it was your manner of posting, a lot of it was voodoo feelings that can't really be explained.

All in all I had a lot of fun with this, even though the overall activity level was frustrating. Good job on the Purist victory, even though we're all too dead to enjoy it :D

Fembot on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well I did sell out Zot to make sure I didn't die the last day.

No great loss.

Oats on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, from a newbie's perspective it was fun. The amount of politicking that was clearly going on was great. To reiterate though, I think that in such a high powered game it kinda sucked to be one of the lvl 6's without any useful perk.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    hey light purists and dark fanatics, please link/open up your boards my good sirs!

Fembot on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Exarch wrote: »
    Yeah, from a newbie's perspective it was fun. The amount of politicking that was clearly going on was great. To reiterate though, I think that in such a high powered game it kinda sucked to be one of the lvl 6's without any useful perk.

Indeed it does suck 8-) I share your pain as a fellow lvl. 6.

Egos on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    We had no proboard for the light purists. The huge inactivity our team had meant there was no reason for us to create one.

Ardor on
    edited May 2008
    awww - then we can't see how you guys plotted and such :(

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It was a lot of last son scrying people and asking me what I was doing with trying to get the light side to actually do something towards either of our win conditions and me complaining that team light other sucked for choosing on like day 2 to only go after one win condition.

We had a few targets for potential fanatics, but nothing more. We had no need of any knowledge of the dark others.

Selling out Giltanis by inquisition was Last Son's suggestion though.

Ardor on
    edited May 2008
    Exarch wrote: »

I was level 6. It some times suck being a villager, but you do have to use what you got towards you advantage.

Toxic Toys on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, Level 6's were sort of gimped, since they couldn't do anything in the Twilight.

Just out of curiosity, what were the ratios between levels? I was level 5, and I hit pretty much everyone I targeted in Twlight Level 1.

Rainfall on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The only thing that irritated me was killing Eri and getting her useless unless you were a dark witch item.

Stupid shiny comb.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm angry that I didn't have any items and was a witch. But I guess I should have traded around for items?

Teamwork is a foreign concept to me!

Rainfall on
    edited May 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I'm angry that I didn't have any items and was a witch. But I guess I should have traded around for items?

Teamwork is a foreign concept to me!

being evil for too long does that to you :wink:

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg