As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Night Watch Phalla] - Light Ones - Game Over: Dark Ones Win!

1141516171820»

• Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This was highly enjoyable for a 1st time Phalla. Will be playing again.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Maximus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Wait, there are movies? Like 2 already out?

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah Night Watch and Day Watch. The most of the plot for both comes from the Night Watch novel. Both movies are very good.

Maximus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I went looking on IMDB and couldn't find anything that was obviously them... got a link handy?

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    185 damage from lonelyahava (least offensive? HAH!) and Mr. D, on the first night?

Bravo.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Night Watch and Day Watch
    The Director of both is the director for the new Angelina Jolie movie "Wanted", and it has Anton in it from Night Watch.

Maximus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    How are the production values? Is this a B horror, or a fairly well done set of flicks?

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Really well done, I remember hearing that when Night Watch was made, it had the highest budget to date for a Russian Film, 4 million dollars. Here the Trailer.
    The only thing I didn't like about it was the director downplaying the magic in the movie.

Maximus on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    185 damage from lonelyahava (least offensive? HAH!) and Mr. D, on the first night?

Bravo.

<3

M.D. on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Maximus wrote: »
    Yeah Night Watch and Day Watch. The most of the plot for both comes from the Night Watch novel. Both movies are very good.

So if I'm about to finish book 1, it would be ok to see movie 2? I've seen #1 already.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, the ending is different than in the book, I'm kinda interested how they're going to go from the end of the second movie to the third.

Maximus on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wow I got targeted a lot. Scryed twice Day 1 and also checked for a Pendant. I was scryed four times total, by both Great Ones once at that. :lol:

Fanatics had their work cut out for them, and Darks had an advantage with the 5/7 purist and fanatic split opposed by our 4/8, but oh well. Good game Blarney, it ran rather smooth. :)

I really missed VH and his narrations, his ISP can suck dicks.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Infidel wrote: »

!vote Time Warner indeed.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »

!vote Time Warner indeed.
    WASHINGTON - Federal regulators on Monday said eight former Time Warner Inc. executives fraudulently inflated the company's online advertising revenues by more than $1 billion between 2000 and 2002.

Four of the executives have agreed to settle the civil charges brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission by paying a total of roughly $8 million in fines and returning allegedly ill-gotten gains. They are David Colburn, Eric Keller, Jay Rappaport and James MacGuidwin. MacGuidwin was controller of the media company; the other three were in its business affairs unit.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Wait, make that five scryings on me. O_o

And the Dark Purists choosing their day 1 targets as Thorgot and myself, when Thorgot defended and I attacked him, was quite the coincidence, jesus.

I don't know how I lived to day 4 with all that. D:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    We got distracted, and I forgot to remind Fembot to have you inquisited until after I was dead. Of course, I felt less bad about forgetting once you turned up Fanatic.

EDIT: deleted a "non-" that was present for no reason

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I turned up non-Fanatic?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wait, make that five scryings on me. O_o

And the Dark Purists choosing their day 1 targets as Thorgot and myself, when Thorgot defended and I attacked him, was quite the coincidence, jesus.

I don't know how I lived to day 4 with all that. D:

Probably because the Dark Purists didn't need to kill you and the Light Ones were pretty devoted to the 3x win condition. I'm still not sure why the Dark Ones inquisitioned you.

Last Son on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It was because I told them that you were a level 2. They were probably looking for an excuse to inquisition you.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well hello there.

So glad my internet finally returned just in time for the end of the game. Actually, not even just in time for that; a day later!

This week has been perhaps one of the most frustrating ones of my life. First of all, I want to apologize to everybody, because I was very excited about writing the narrations for this phalla, and from what I heard many of you were excited about it as well. It was completely unfair to everybody involved in this (especially MrBlarney, who is practically a god by the way), and I'm sorry this ridiculousness had to occur at this exact time.

I'm not sure how much MrBlarney has told you, here or elsewhere, about my internet troubles, but suffice to say that I was unable to access the internet in any form for the past week, barring a very brief spurt sometime in the middle of the week where I was able to update MrBlarney on my situation. My connection issues began, interestingly enough, on the night this phalla went live. Over the course of that weekend, I had two different technicians come out and "fix" the problem. After losing my connection completely (and discovering that all the wireless access points in the area are encrypted goddammit), I called in a third technician, who informed me that the issue was likely with the wiring leading to the complex in which I live, since apparently other people in this complex have been complaining about the same thing. As a result, the technician said they'd have to replace all of that wiring. I'm not entirely sure what this entails, but it sounds like it's a huge project. Needless to say, my ISP provider (who shall remain nameless, although I will mention that they are a cable company whose name rhymes with StimePwarner) isn't exactly super excited to conduct this particular repair job. They said they'd have it done by today, so hopefully this connection is permanent, but I wouldn't be surprised if the project got put off a little.

If it makes any of you feel any better, my home phone uses the internet lines as well, so nobody's been able to call me for the past week. Why is this significant? I went to a job fair the Wednesday and Thursday before this phalla started, and sent several resumes and cover letters to various companies afterwards, upon which my home phone number is the only contact number. Fortunately, my mother has been able to check the e-mail address I put on the resume, but nobody's responded to that so far. So yeah, there's a decent possibility somebody tried to call me and was unable to get me, and maybe gave on me, so yay for that. In addition, I've been without [chat], phalla, or my regular e-mail for that week, so things haven't exactly been sunshine and rainbows on this end either.

In any case, that's the deal with me for the past week. Some of you may be angry with me, which is understandable, but I hope you understand that I was completely unable to do anything about this situation besides make angry phone calls to PrimeStarner (*cough*) and bang my head against the wall. As for narrations, I have a couple of options. Basically, I'm extremely miffed that I wasn't able to narrate this as it was going on, because I was planning on revealing some things in the narration that might have changed your actions in some ways. As such, I have nebulous plans for running this game again in some capacity, since it doesn't really depend on "hidden mechanics" that much. However, doing this would mean that the basic plot flow I have in mind would be revealed, ruining narration in any future iteration of this game. Thus, I have a few options for you; let me know what you'd like best:

1) Finish up the narrations for the whole phalla in short-story form and post that
    2) Reveal nothing and hold onto what I have in case I can run this again
    3) Kill myself

So yeah, there it is. I wanted to make sure I make a big deal about how awesome MrBlarney was throughout this; he basically saved this phalla from becoming a complete disaster. From what I hear, the game itself actually went fairly well, aside from MrBlarney having to do all of the work for the whole week. Thus, a major apology to MrBlarney, and extreme gratitude for his role in keeping this phalla afloat.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Last Son wrote: »
    Goddamnit Trust, why are you not dead.

[edit]Ah Wildcat was healing you in addition to Lignisse. Bad Wildcat!

Hey, it was my job! :P My defence wand and I got a good workout, I'll tell you that.

VH, I don't think anyone is really pissed at you, these situations happen and there's not a lot you can do about it. I'd prefer you to hang onto your plot in case you get to run it again.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'd say option 1, VH. It's not worth a game slot to run pretty much the same thing again.

Welcome back?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I turned up non-Fanatic?

No, I just fail at typing.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, I wish I would have been able to play in this. I bet it was fun.

Who took over for me?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Who took over for me?

That would have been me. It was fun but also oh so frustrating.

Last Son on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Last Son wrote: »

Who took over for me?

That would have been me. It was fun but also oh so frustrating.
    Ah. Well, at least you tried. Probably did better than I would have.

Gorilla Salad on